Author Topic: 1994 Olympia - the physiques were great  (Read 16378 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: 1994 Olympia - the physiques were great
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2010, 10:29:57 AM »
Histrory is history. Pastel was better than Porter Cotrell, no racist bullshit!
Cottrell, I believe was from the East Coast (MD?) and had that fireman image, they (the powers that be) wanted him included because they wanted that image. Pastel was a Frenchman, and the IFBB has a habit in shafting Frechman a la Serge Nubret...or it could have been, that he was a 5'2 foreigner who for poltical reasons didn't stack up to a 5'7 (if that) fireman...

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
Re: 94 O
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2010, 11:16:41 AM »
True..if they had used the same judging criteria as back in the late 70's, when a complete physique with the least amount of flaws couple with an artful posing routine was deemed the best, Sean ray would have won. Which means if they used the 94 judging criteria back in the 70's, Zane would have gotten beat by guys like Ken Waller or Mike Katz...just because they were bigger..

Exactly how I think, they rewarded size and width over everything else.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2010, 11:31:31 AM »
Not Olympia but I don't know why this guy didn't go farther:  

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2010, 12:06:10 PM »
Anyone on the top 6 in 94' could have taken the Mr.O this year ! 

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2010, 12:44:19 PM »
The physiques looked fuller, not as dried out and as GH15 says..."synthetic" muscles....more natural, rounder bellies...

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2010, 01:21:29 PM »
Pastel should have won. Has everthing bar height.
Trans Milkshake.

French

• Getbig IV
  • Solana @ 2000$
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2010, 01:53:20 PM »
Pastel should have won. Has everthing bar height.

He was the clear winner.
$

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2010, 02:23:12 PM »
He was the clear winner.

very good calves for a black man!!..

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2010, 03:59:42 PM »
I honestly think Levrone shouldve won (not Yates' fault, but he couldnt train upper body for 6 weeks prior to the show)

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2010, 04:06:24 PM »
The real winner of the 1994 Olympia:

He looked like a little boy next to Yates. Only pose he came close to beating Doz was in the FDB and that was in the prejudging. All other poses, Yates blew him and everyone else away, both in the prejudging as well as the finals, in which he looked a lot better.

And Shawn himself said he was happy with 2nd place after the contest, which is what he deserved, all said and done.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2010, 04:07:10 PM »
I honestly think Levrone shouldve won (not Yates' fault, but he couldnt train upper body for 6 weeks prior to the show)

seeing dillett hitting any pose makes me nervous :-X

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2010, 04:09:45 PM »
He looked like a little boy next to Yates. Only pose he came close to beating Doz was in the FDB and that was in the prejudging. All other poses, Yates blew him and everyone else away, both in the prejudging as well as the finals, in which he looked a lot better.

And Shawn himself said he was happy with 2nd place after the contest, which is what he deserved, all said and done.

yes shawn said this on the day of the show but years later he saw himself the man who should have won ;D

but dorian didnt blow everyone in the other 6 poses kiwi,.. dont exaggerate!!..

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2010, 04:13:55 PM »
Cottrell, I believe was from the East Coast (MD?) and had that fireman image, they (the powers that be) wanted him included because they wanted that image. Pastel was a Frenchman, and the IFBB has a habit in shafting Frechman a la Serge Nubret...or it could have been, that he was a 5'2 foreigner who for poltical reasons didn't stack up to a 5'7 (if that) fireman...

aron paker, sonbaty, clairmont, pastel, chris cormier, and, sony were all better than cottrell imo!!.. he seemed to be a very nice guy but his bb genetics were not that great.. he was always in a great condition but condition is not everything!..

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2010, 04:19:56 PM »
yes shawn said this on the day of the show but years later he saw himself the man who should have won ;D

Maybe he thought that if could repeat a lie enough times, people would accept it as the truth. It was very close between him and KLo in the 94 Olympia and he edged Kevin out because of his conditioning. But it was night and day between him and Dorian.

Dorian won all the other poses handily - the FLS, side tri, both the back poses and the abs n thighs. The most muscular wasn't a mandatory pose back then and I can see both Kevin and Dillett looking better than Yates in that one. Side chest was between Dorian and Kevin.

95 onwards, Nasser matched up to Dorian and beat him in one or more of the front poses, but no one did that in 94.

lesaucer

« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2010, 04:27:48 PM »
I think kevin said in his m3 video at the end that he should have been the one winning that show

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2010, 04:31:51 PM »
Cziurlock aka GH 15

Clairemont - another one of my personal favorites

Absolutely!

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2010, 04:34:21 PM »
Maybe he thought that if could repeat a lie enough times, people would accept it as the truth. It was very close between him and KLo in the 94 Olympia and he edged Kevin out because of his conditioning. But it was night and day between him and Dorian.

Dorian won all the other poses handily - the FLS, side tri, both the back poses and the abs n thighs. The most muscular wasn't a mandatory pose back then and I can see both Kevin and Dillett looking better than Yates in that one. Side chest was between Dorian and Kevin.

95 onwards, Nasser matched up to Dorian and beat him in one or more of the front poses, but no one did that in 94.

yes in 94 (and imo in general) kevin's side chest was better than yates.. also the side tri was close and i give it to kevin,.. in general at his best yates was better in this pose but in 94 with his pregnant gut it was not the same story!..

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2010, 04:48:33 PM »

Levrone wins side chest pose in 94

Yates wins side chest in 1995

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2010, 04:56:41 PM »

Levrone wins side chest pose in 94

Yates wins side chest in 1995

if nasser hit it right he would have been better than both of them!!..

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2010, 05:00:15 PM »
All to do with who the names are, that dictates whether you are in contention.

Someone like Pastel was complete, zero weaknesses.

Kevin and Shawn look to be making Dorian look like the bloated mess that he is, as always. Pictures and film don't capture Dorian's star quality though...
Trans Milkshake.

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2010, 05:54:38 PM »
All I can say is...what the fuck happened to bodybuilding? Not even gonna argue about placings and who should have won in '94. Just amazed about the overall quality of the physiques in general. PLENTY of size, with great conditioning, overall better posing, and most of all, no stupid distended guts! Which defeats the whole purpose of bodybuilding in the first place! Who the fuck in their right minds would think the physiques of today are an improvement? Boggles my mind... :-[

Cableguy

• Getbig IV
  • Cableguy no longer...
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2010, 05:55:34 PM »

He was from Kentucky.

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2010, 06:48:45 PM »
imo P. C. too didnt deserve his 5th place.. there were some better bbs who came after him!!..

totally agree there, Porter COtrell was very overrated and basically just another  All American poster boy like Mike Francois

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2010, 07:05:53 PM »
seeing dillett hitting any pose makes me nervous :-X

bump.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2010, 07:29:49 PM »
no boo's as yates is announced the winner.

all this talk about how yates should not have won.

was everyone in attendance blind?

yates the easy winner

as always too big AND too hard.

R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)