Author Topic: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia  (Read 177552 times)

Insider X

• Getbig II
Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia
« on: July 16, 2006, 04:05:15 PM »
Buzz yesterday at the NY Pro figure is that Vince Taylor has told Wayne DeMilia that he will not be competing in the Night of Champions and will instead compete at the Olympia. The IFBB offered Vince a huge sum of money to guest pose on the same night as the NOC for the IFBB North Americas, and a contract with a supplement company before the Olympia.

However, Wayne DeMilia has a contract signed by Vince Taylor to compete in the NOC, and has spent thousands promoting him as such. With Vince now choosing to stay with the IFBB, does that mean that Wayne can sue Vince Taylor for any loss and expenses that he has incurred.

Official statements coming soon...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Vince Taylor out of the PDI & into the Olympia
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 04:05:43 PM »
Welcome to this mornings' news :P

On a side note, interesting that teh IFBB is that scared of the PDI.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 04:09:39 PM »
interesting that teh IFBB is that scared of the PDI.

That's the real story here.

If the IFBB really thought the PDI was "no big deal" that was "gonna fail anyway", why do this?  Despite what company-man Bob says, this proves the IFBB is scared shitless!
Ron: "I am lazy."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 04:13:45 PM »
That's the real story here.

If the IFBB really thought the PDI was "no big deal" that was "gonna fail anyway", why do this?  Despite what company-man Bob says, this proves the IFBB is scared shitless!

If you look at the rest of the PDI lineup, you can see that Wayne is snatching up a lot of young, athletic-looking guys, many of whom have a full head of hair.  Way more marketable than 5 bald chemical maniacs you see finish top 5 at every show.   Vince isn't a huge loss, but it is a loss nonetheless.  IFBB must be pretty scared.  I'd love to know how much money they gave him to guest pose that night.

Also, this is the first time we see 'Hardball' being played. 

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 04:19:23 PM »
Interesting...

Sounds like wayne might have been played by vince. not like the IFBB were gonna give him a contract or organise a sponsor without the PDI forming and him saying he'd cross over on that radio show (but not signing anything).

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 04:19:35 PM »
If you guys will look back to the early days of the IFBB, you'll know exactly *why* a rumor like this might well be true (paying a marquee competitor NOT to compete elsewhere).  

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 04:20:45 PM »
DeMillia should go to Manion and cut a deal....  ask him to call off his dogs if PDI made NPC it's exclusive "qualifying" amatuer conduit.  Manion doesn't really give a shit about the IFBB except as it relates to the NPC, his real "cash cow".  He'd probably fucck Weider over in a second as long as his income was protected.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 04:22:30 PM »
Interesting...

Sounds like wayne might have been played by vince. not like the IFBB were gonna give him a contract or organise a sponsor without the PDI forming and him saying he'd cross over on that radio show (but not signing anything).

Vince signed a contract to compete.  

If this is indeed true - we've heard this rumor before - I'd have to think the IFBB is going to be viewed as playing dirty tricks... Wayne went out of his way to ensure that all his guys would be able to do the O also, and that the NOC didn't interfere with any IFBB shows (scheduled on the off-weekend between the Montreal and the AC Pro).

Manion and the IFBB are scared.  Period.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 04:23:23 PM »
DeMillia should go to Manion and cut a deal....  ask him to call off his dogs if PDI made NPC it's exclusive "qualifying" amatuer conduit.  Manion doesn't really give a shit about the IFBB except as it relates to the NPC, his real "cash cow".  He'd probably fucck Weider over in a second as long as his income was protected.
Wayne doesn't have anything the IFBB wants except Lee Priest. VT was a big deal because of his legend status and the quality of his comeback condition this year.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 04:27:41 PM »
Eight weeks til the NOC.  IFBB is scared and playing dirty. 

They just gave Pro Division, Inc it's first major credibility ;)

MADMAX6

• Getbig III
  • Max Muscle Venice
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2006, 04:27:53 PM »
Except for Lee, are you guys really impressed with the lineup of the NOC this year?
Just a question.

Check often for updates @

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2006, 04:29:44 PM »
Except for Lee, are you guys really impressed with the lineup of the NOC this year?
Just a question.

I'd pay $30 to watch it not $100+ put it that way...

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2006, 04:30:27 PM »
The deadline for Vince to decide to compete in the Mr. Olympia was last Friday. That is technically, when all contracts so far of who is competing in the Mr. Olympia should of been in, disregarding the upcoming contests. So Vince had to decide by then.  

As for having a contract to compete at the NOC, I am pretty sure that is true, otherwise there would not have been advertisements, contests and brochures with Vince on the cover. But everything should be made official, more or less, by tomorrow, the start of a new business day.

Off the subject, the weekend has been fun, but Friday's Shawn Ray Charity Golf Tournament took a toll out of me, with 100+ degree heat, but still $25,000 was raised for the children.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2006, 04:31:08 PM »
who won the golf event?

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2006, 04:31:27 PM »
I wonder what kind of money they are paying Vince to "Guest Pose"?

The IFBB won absolutely no friends with this move.  Anybody who has tix for the NOC will forever hate the IFBB (even more).  And Vince will bring zero more people to the O that weren't already going.  Vince may be sued for way more than he will make at the posing.  Wow - IFBB morons, you did it again!
Motherboy (the band).

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2006, 04:32:41 PM »
Just a question.

Of course.  With guys like RHINO, the PDI shows it is well on the way to returning bodybuilding to the days of the smaller, yet far more aesteticly-pleasing and symetrical physiques; not to mention more marketable-looking competitors with full heads of hair who look nothing at all like a cross between Popeye and Don Rickles.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2006, 04:34:56 PM »
Off the subject, the weekend has been fun, but Friday's Shawn Ray Charity Golf Tournament took a toll out of me, with 100+ degree heat, but still $25,000 was raised for the children.

What did you shoot, Ron?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2006, 04:35:11 PM »
who won the golf event?

Bob, of course.

BB.com made a substantial contribution.  ;D

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2006, 04:35:30 PM »
The deadline for Vince to decide to compete in the Mr. Olympia was last Friday. That is technically, when all contract so far of who is competing in the Mr. Olympia should of been in, disregarding the upcoming contests. So Vince had to decide by then.  

As for having a contract to compete at the NOC, I am pretty sure that is true, otherwise there would not have been advertisements, contests and brochures with Vince on the cover.

But everything should be made official, more or less, by tomorrow, the state of a new business day.

Off the subject, the weekend has been fun, but Friday's Shawn Ray Charity Golf Tournament took a toll out of me, with 100+ degree heat, but still $25,000 was raised.

who was the best golfer from the pros?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2006, 04:36:27 PM »
Who won the event?

The children did...

Will start another thread tonight on the golf event... but I can tell you that somone in the group won a white BMW 525i with the Hole in One event. I have never seen someone win a car in a hole in one. But it really did happen here!

But it was fun watching people try to hit the ball...

And no, Bob did not even come in the top three at the event. In fact, Bob's teammates, 4 guys were suberb golfers, and even asked as to be quiet to they can concentrate on hitting the ball. I think Bob was humbled by them, serious golfers...

What did you shoot, Ron?

Pictures of the golf tournament, the banquet, Kevin Levrone and others eating chocolate cake.

who was the best golfer from the pros?

Bob Cicherillo is the best golfer at the moment, although Idrise Ward-El can play well, but he is in serious training right now for the Europa Super Show!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2006, 04:36:39 PM »
Bob, of course.

BB.com made a substantial contribution to ensure that this happened.  ;D

Also, someone hid Rusty Jeffers' clubs.

And, the final scoresheets had a sudden woodchipper accident before anyone could read them.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2006, 04:37:42 PM »
Also, someone hid Rusty Jeffers' clubs.

And, the final scoresheets had a sudden woodchipper accident before anyone could read them.

LOL.  ;D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2006, 04:47:11 PM »
The IFBB doesn't pay athletes to guest pose...promoters do.

Vince has the ability to compete in the Olympia, just like everyone else that has qualified...nothing more, nothing less....

It was VINCE'S decision to take a pass on the PDI...we'll have more info on tomorrows "Pro BB Weekly" broadcast, of course.

I wonder if Wayne will attempt to fine Vince, or if he's REALLY all for the athletes...? Could be like old times...

Lets see how many other conspiracy theories you fools can can up with before tomorrow....lolol.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2006, 04:55:27 PM »
The IFBB doesn't pay athletes to guest pose...promoters do.

pass the buck.

I wonder if Wayne will attempt to fine Vince, or if he's REALLY all for the athletes...? Could be like old times...

He has spent thousands of dollars.  Vince has a signed contract. Bob, suppose you decided to start hocking VYO product tomorrow - if BBing.com had a problem, would it mean they were anti-supplement?  Or, just trying to stay in business?

Wayne is trying to run a show.  Your instant response of "It wasn't us! It was the promoter!" smacks of effort.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »
Since PDI is a corporation and not a sports federation how is wayne gonna enforce anything on Vince?

He didn't pay him any money for services rendered to the company. a court would throw it out IMO...