Getbig Bodybuilding Boards > Training Q&A

Rest times between sets

<< < (2/13) > >>

pumpster:
Honestly, except for the rare sets that are extremely heavy and draining, I think anything over 2 minutes is taking it too easy-the intensity on the muscles is lower, the body starts to cool down, the pump diminishes and you lose some of the momentum that should be part of training.

Anyone over 2 minutes between sets i suggest you try 1.5 minutes on most sets for a good while, and then try just one minute between sets.

tonymctones:

--- Quote from: pumpster on June 02, 2009, 07:02:22 PM ---Honestly, except for the rare sets that are extremely heavy and draining, I think anything over 2 minutes is taking it too easy-the intensity on the muscles is lower, the body starts to cool down, the pump diminishes and you lose some of the momentum that should be part of training.

Anyone over 2 minutes between sets i suggest you try 1.5 minutes on most sets for a good while, and then try just one minute between sets.

--- End quote ---
for some reason today i kept track a little more and ya i agree 2.5 minutes for rear delts or lateral raises seems really long but for shoulder presses it felt pretty good maybe even a tad rushed...

Get Rowdy:
The last two years my rest times were at 1 min for dips, chins, and most exercises.
Usually 45 secs for db lateral raises.
Longer for front squats, SLDL

webcake:
I've read a very similar article as part of my studies.

I have cut my rest periods down quite a bit. 2 mins max. Can be hard on deads/squats.....but your body seems to adapt to it over time.

pumpster:

--- Quote from: webcke on June 03, 2009, 05:42:27 AM ---I've read a very similar article as part of my studies.

I have cut my rest periods down quite a bit. 2 mins max. your body seems to adapt to it over time.

--- End quote ---

Ya it's similar in concept to HIIT cardio, which i've found i've gotten used to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version