Author Topic: Steroid cycle duration!  (Read 5614 times)

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
Re: Steroid cycle duration!
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2006, 07:52:15 PM »
Part time......for now.

Partly because I want to gradually work up my hours so I don't get burned out and also because I need experience.

It wouldn't be wise to take on a 40 hour work week starting out.

Have any idea how many clients that is?

DIV
Yeah that would be a shit load of clients, but it would be a shit load of money too.

I figure when I start I'll have to take time to build up my clientale, luckily the job I have now will allow me to float easy between the two until I can phase the current job out all together.

Another quick question, are you picky with your clients? Meaning do you have a preference as to the type of person you train or will you take anyone willing to pay? I'd prefer to only train serious lifters, people with BB goals, but in the beginning I'm going to be eager and willing to take anyone willing to pay the fee.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2006, 08:29:30 PM »
Yeah that would be a shit load of clients, but it would be a shit load of money too.

I figure when I start I'll have to take time to build up my clientale, luckily the job I have now will allow me to float easy between the two until I can phase the current job out all together.

Another quick question, are you picky with your clients? Meaning do you have a preference as to the type of person you train or will you take anyone willing to pay? I'd prefer to only train serious lifters, people with BB goals, but in the beginning I'm going to be eager and willing to take anyone willing to pay the fee.

Right now I'm taking anyone and I need the experience training all kinds of people, esp the hard cases (elderly, out of shape housewives, kids..etc), so it doesn't matter.

Training serious lifters is easy and that is tailor-made for me but most of those guys don't pay for trainers.

I didn't......

I have two clients who are wanting to bulk-up, but they are middle-aged so I am taking it slow and showing them form on the basic compound movements.

The harder cases I get in the beginning only makes the whole process easier later.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Knowledge

• Getbig II
  • Don't hate me cause you ain't me
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2006, 09:08:17 PM »
Curious what certification you have? Im gonna be going for my NSCA this summer.  But anyways, I have noticed that a lot of gyms I work out at when I travel will hire almost anyone with anykind of certification and I find that misleading at times, because any Joe-shmo can get a certificate online.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: December 16, 2006, 04:44:04 PM »
that's exactly what i'm talking about:

QUOTE:
(from BUILDING THE PERFECT BEAST by L. REA)

"The Body Has Action/Reaction Periods and Factors
The body has Action/Reaction periods and factors. Basically the body begins to
significantly to most attempts at altering homeostasis after 2-3 weeks. This
sucked since the best results from a cycle usually came during days #10-30. But we
profited from this information and used it to Frank's advantage by utilizing brief
phases and cycles of 21-30 days, (this is the point where cycles provided serious
results) then got out before side effects out weighed benefits.
"To be successful it is necessary to create maximum growth thresholds and stop
before the body is able to achieve its own counter measure thresholds."
Action/Reaction
Let me explain. My experience has been that a cycle of 8 weeks providing a
continuous plasma level weekly of 400-800 mg testosterone begins to fail to provide
results about week #6 in most cases. This is because the level of endogenous
catabolic hormones becomes elevated as a reaction to the exogenous testosterone
administration and cellular signaling proteins begin to become overwhelmed, which is
due to the action of increase androgens. So anabolism and catabolism are again
about equal. Remember to create a growth environment one or both sides of the
anabolic/catabolic ratio must be altered in favor of either more tissue building or less
tissue wasting.
At the 6 weeks point an athlete's body produces and maintains somewhat
higher cortisol levels than normal. An increase in the administered dosage would
again overwhelm the cortisol and increase signaling protein activity, but eventually it
will catch up...again. Worse yet, when the athlete goes off cycle, the elevated levels of
catabolic hormones overwhelm the declining anabolic chemistry (and activity) and
most of the cycle gains are lost."

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: December 16, 2006, 06:54:27 PM »
that's exactly what i'm talking about:

QUOTE:
(from BUILDING THE PERFECT BEAST by L. REA)

"The Body Has Action/Reaction Periods and Factors
The body has Action/Reaction periods and factors. Basically the body begins to
significantly to most attempts at altering homeostasis after 2-3 weeks. This
sucked since the best results from a cycle usually came during days #10-30. But we
profited from this information and used it to Frank's advantage by utilizing brief
phases and cycles of 21-30 days, (this is the point where cycles provided serious
results) then got out before side effects out weighed benefits.
"To be successful it is necessary to create maximum growth thresholds and stop
before the body is able to achieve its own counter measure thresholds."
Action/Reaction
Let me explain. My experience has been that a cycle of 8 weeks providing a
continuous plasma level weekly of 400-800 mg testosterone begins to fail to provide
results about week #6 in most cases. This is because the level of endogenous
catabolic hormones becomes elevated as a reaction to the exogenous testosterone
administration and cellular signaling proteins begin to become overwhelmed, which is
due to the action of increase androgens. So anabolism and catabolism are again
about equal. Remember to create a growth environment one or both sides of the
anabolic/catabolic ratio must be altered in favor of either more tissue building or less
tissue wasting.
At the 6 weeks point an athlete's body produces and maintains somewhat
higher cortisol levels than normal. An increase in the administered dosage would
again overwhelm the cortisol and increase signaling protein activity, but eventually it
will catch up...again. Worse yet, when the athlete goes off cycle, the elevated levels of
catabolic hormones overwhelm the declining anabolic chemistry (and activity) and
most of the cycle gains are lost."

Did Author L. Rea do a scientific study to come to the conclusion that the best results came between day10-30?

I'd like that information....

DIV

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2006, 07:23:11 PM »
I know for a fact that such scientific study has been done - i've read it before in a few other articles, but i don't think that L. Rea is the one who's done it.The whole point is that approx. around week 6, anabolic hormones levels and cortisol levels are almost equal, and that's when you reach the plateu.From there you can either increase the dosage or stop the cycle!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: December 16, 2006, 07:28:54 PM »
I know for a fact that such scientific study has been done - i've read it before in a few other articles, but i don't think that L. Rea is the one who's done it.The whole point is that approx. around week 6, anabolic hormones levels and cortisol levels are almost equal, and that's when you reach the plateu.From there you can either increase the dosage or stop the cycle!

I know what the point of the study is, not questioning that at all.

I just don't buy it and I'd want more inclusive studies done accounting for all controls and parameters before I believe that 6 week cycles are the most effective.

One study won't do it for me....

DIV

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2006, 08:26:50 PM »

One study won't do it for me....

DIV
I agree, one study is not enough.

One thing I'd like to hear from all you "short cycle" advocates, is your theory's on comp cycles. Every thing I hear and read about these short cycles is based on a bulking cycle, and as I've said I am not a believer...and when it comes to a comp cycle, I don't see how on earth these ideas would work.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2006, 08:33:39 PM »
I agree, one study is not enough.

One thing I'd like to hear from all you "short cycle" advocates, is your theory's on comp cycles. Every thing I hear and read about these short cycles is based on a bulking cycle, and as I've said I am not a believer...and when it comes to a comp cycle, I don't see how on earth these ideas would work.

It doesn't work for a cutting cycle! When i cut I do 8-12 week cycle,or as long as i reach the desired bf%, but if everything goes fine usually 10 weeks is plenty of time to go from 15- 20%  to a  single digit bf%!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2006, 08:52:28 PM »
It doesn't work for a cutting cycle! When i cut I do 8-12 week cycle,or as long as i reach the desired bf%, but if everything goes fine usually 10 weeks is plenty of time to go from 15- 20%  to a  single digit bf%!
Yeah, I don't see how it would, but I know of a lot of guys who swear by it.

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2006, 12:34:22 PM »
Yeah, I don't see how it would, but I know of a lot of guys who swear by it.

well, the point of the short cycles is to get maximal gains with less side effects. When you re dieting you are not looking for gains, thats why i countinue my cycle for as long as i need to.In my opinion someone will gain a lot more with 3   four weeks cycles, with 15 - 20 days off in between , compared to one 5-6 month cycle!I know that for everybody works diferrently, but for me it makes a huge difference doing short cycles instead of longer ones!

worldgymjim

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2006, 02:13:54 PM »
i agree with arnold i think the longer you run a cycle the better chance you have of altering your homeostasis  and keeping your gains, that is within reason. 16-24 weeks is ideal

Yes, I agree with this. The longer the cycle it seems the more you 'keep' with the same training.
Just keep going