Author Topic: Why don't MD, MMI, IM, and PM join forces?  (Read 1033 times)

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Why don't MD, MMI, IM, and PM join forces?
« on: September 16, 2006, 02:14:13 PM »
Here's what I don't get...why don't Blechman, Kennedy, Balik, and Everson join forces? They're all independent mags. Theoretically, they're each others competition, but if they came together in an informal cartel/trust agreement and threw their weight behind PDI or NABBA or a creation of their own, they could reinvent bodybuilding, making sure the athletes and themselves benefitted.

People forget...The IFBB has Flex and M&F. That's it. If the other mags stopped covering IFBB shows and started focusing say on NABBA, the prize money at the NABBA shows would go up, more athletes would flock to NABBA, and the shows would get better.

The IFBB is proving--from denying press passes to MD to stationing officials outside the NOC--that it will not tolerate competition. Too bad, because competition benefits the athletes and the fans, the very people this sport is supposed to be all about.

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Why don't MD, MMI, IM, and PM join forces?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 03:32:37 PM »
Blechman, Kennedy, Balik, Everson...
"If you build it they will come."

GHGut

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 03:43:55 PM »
Blechman, Kennedy, Balik, Everson...
"If you build it they will come."

It's sad when a man carries on a thread all by himself...
"Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm schizophrenic...and so am I."
People must think its a dumb thread.

Oh well...
Off to the NOV evening show.
If I see anyone IFBB officials with Groucho Marx mustache and glasses disguises, I'll try and get a pick.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 04:11:22 PM »
Have fun tonight at the NOC. Thanks for your reports.

But the IFBB is not the same as the promoters of the Olympia, AMI. AMI denied the press passes to MD, not the IFBB. AMI felt that some of the comments bashing the people went way out of line - over the top. And many agree. But as Romano said, this is a long standing fued.

Bailik is in charge of Ironman magazine and runs the IFBB Ironman in Southern California every year, which is one of the best run IFBB contests and expo's after the O and Arnold. But it is up to each magazine to decide what they want in the contests of their page. Magazines, like web sites, report the news as much as they can.