Author Topic: Toyota, Honda, Nissan big winners in C4C. (US Autos only had 2 of top 10 cars)  (Read 2142 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
No i agree with it, there are extenuating circumstances as to why Jefferson felt he needed to do it. You know like having a world power like France sitting in your back yard with the ability to cut off you ability to export goods. But I guess he could have just done it the old fashioned way, let France cut the US off an go to war over Louisiana.
So then you agree that something does not have to be explicitly stated in the Constitution in order for it to be carried out justly.  This is in total contradiction to what you have been spouting for weeks.  (Where does it say xxxx in the Constitution.  We should just follow what is in the Constitution and nothing more)

Oh well.  You like to have it both ways, don`t you?

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
So then you agree that something does not have to be explicitly stated in the Constitution in order for it to be carried out justly.  This is in total contradiction to what you have been spouting for weeks.  (Where does it say xxxx in the Constitution.  We should just follow what is in the Constitution and nothing more)

Oh well.  You like to have it both ways, don`t you?

There is nothing I can do about what happened 200 years ago, but I can voice my opinion about the here and now. You think you are really clever don't you?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Where is your line TA?

I have never heard you be in favor of even one restraint of the govt powers, even once. 

Of course I am.  I am against wire-tapping, imprisonment without habeas corpus, military draft and conscription, illegal wars based on faulty evidence, imprisonment under the Espionage Act.....I could name a whole host of things.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
TA - this thread is about Cars for Clunkers.  

Are you saying the C4C can be justified along the same lines as the Louisiana purchase?  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
There is nothing I can do about what happened 200 years ago, but I can voice my opinion about the here and now. You think you are really clever don't you?

I am just using your words against you, that is all.  You like to have things both ways without even realizing it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Of course I am.  I am against wire-tapping, imprisonment without habeas corpus, military draft and conscription, illegal wars based on faulty evidence, imprisonment under the Espionage Act.....I could name a whole host of things.

Yet you have no problem allowing the govt to impose al sorts of restrictive regulations on people and businesses with regard to finances, gun control,  health care, etc?   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
TA - this thread is about Cars for Clunkers.  

Are you saying the C4C can be justified along the same lines as the Louisiana purchase?  

Cash4Clunkers is in no way a subversion of the Constitution or questionable by any means and is justified under Article I, Section 8 of the Constitution.  

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;/b]

Giving the Executive power to purchase lands without the consent of Congress is not however justified by the Constitution specifically and does deviate from the power entrusted to the Executive.

Remember that Congress always controls the purse strings.  Jefferson bypassed Congress totally.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Yet you have no problem allowing the govt to impose al sorts of restrictive regulations on people and businesses with regard to finances, gun control,  health care, etc?   
Depends on the regulation, where and how it is applied.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Article 1, Section 9

No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
 ;)