Author Topic: Leg Presses  (Read 11355 times)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Leg Presses
« on: September 27, 2007, 07:33:04 AM »
Well, I finally reached 5 plates for reps.  Mike and I trained legs and I started with my usual 1 plate for 15, then 2 for 15, then 3 (I usually stop here and just run another 2 sets of 12), then I opted to try 4 plates for 12, then 5 plates for 12, twice.  Not a whole lotta walking after that I must say.   :D
:D Weee

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Leg Presses
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 07:36:01 AM »
whaddya squat?

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 07:47:01 AM »
whaddya squat?
Eh, not so much.  I can squat 3 plates on the smith, 2 otherwise.  Each for reps.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 07:49:49 AM »
Eh, not so much.  I can squat 3 plates on the smith, 2 otherwise.  Each for reps.
3 plates per side?

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 07:53:35 AM »
3 plates per side?
Umm ya, lol.  I think 2 on one side and 1 on the other would be a bit....stupid.  ;)

and yes, I wear a belt, but no wraps. 

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 07:56:09 AM »
Umm ya, lol.  I think 2 on one side and 1 on the other would be a bit....stupid.  ;)

and yes, I wear a belt, but no wraps. 
no offense Laura i love ya but i'm gonna have to call bullshit on that, what is your depth like?

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 08:11:43 AM »
no offense Laura i love ya but i'm gonna have to call bullshit on that, what is your depth like?
You can call what you want SF.  I know what I do.  I go parallel, but no farther (no ass to the floor with that, I can on the hack, but not the smith or freestanding)....I'd never get back up, lol.  I have pretty strong legs for a girl.  Always have.  Might be from the years as a gymnast when I was younger.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 08:24:54 AM »
You can call what you want SF.  I know what I do.  I go parallel, but no farther (no ass to the floor with that, I can on the hack, but not the smith or freestanding)....I'd never get back up, lol.  I have pretty strong legs for a girl.  Always have.  Might be from the years as a gymnast when I was younger.
lets see some proof.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 08:27:52 AM »
lets see some proof.
Ok...we do legs on the weekends.  I'll see if Mike can take some pics or video.  Would that make you happy sf?   ;)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 08:38:47 AM »
Ok...we do legs on the weekends.  I'll see if Mike can take some pics or video.  Would that make you happy sf?   ;)
cool let's see it.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 08:43:51 AM »
cool let's see it.
You goober, I said I will "have" Mike take some shots or video this weekend.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 08:51:26 AM »
i started a thread about your claim on the Y board.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 09:00:32 AM »
i started a thread about your claim on the Y board.
Hmmm, I'll have to check it out. 

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 10:19:23 AM »
hahahaa oh brother, here we go again!   ::)

Show him how it's done Laura!!    8)

:)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 10:35:28 AM »
hahahaa oh brother, here we go again!   ::)

Show him how it's done Laura!!    8)

Will do Rip.  ;)

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2007, 11:13:02 AM »
That's more weight than I can squat or leg press.  Good shit!

And I fully believe Laura.  She's an ass kicker.   8)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2007, 11:20:18 AM »
That's more weight than I can squat or leg press.  Good shit!

And I fully believe Laura.  She's an ass kicker.   8)

I believe I outweigh you Rip which probably helps.  I'm 155 right now (such a little piggy I am  :))

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2007, 11:54:28 AM »
I believe I outweigh you Rip which probably helps.  I'm 155 right now (such a little piggy I am  :))

I'm not terribly far behind you...closer than I would like to be, actually.    :D

There is going to have to be some major ass kissing around here once you post the video.   8)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2007, 11:56:10 AM »

I'm not terribly far behind you...closer than I would like to be, actually.    :D

There is going to have to be some major ass kissing around here once you post the video.   8)

What's your contest and off season weight Rip...if you don't mind me asking.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2007, 12:02:32 PM »
What's your contest and off season weight Rip...if you don't mind me asking.

I weighed in for Jr Nats at 111 and prolly shrunk down a little more than that by the time finals rolled around 48 hours later. 

My off-season weight is all over the place.  Last year, when I decided to switch from figure to BB, I topped out at 143 in December.  :o 
147 was the biggest number I ever saw, but it was at night with all my clothes and sneakers on.

This year, I am planning on doing a better job making quality gains and keeping my BF a bit lower.  I'm around the 135 mark (give or take a few pounds depending on the day), and I hope to stay there.  I got a bench press competition in February that I'd really like to weigh in at 135 or less for. 

OH, btw, I CAN squat 225 although I don't like to (it scares me lol), and I don't go ass to grass either. 
I have no doubt that you've got that covered with the barbell and three plates with the Smith.  8)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2007, 12:05:42 PM »

I weighed in for Jr Nats at 111 and prolly shrunk down a little more than that by the time finals rolled around 48 hours later. 

My off-season weight is all over the place.  Last year, when I decided to switch from figure to BB, I topped out at 143 in December.  :o 
147 was the biggest number I ever saw, but it was at night with all my clothes and sneakers on.

This year, I am planning on doing a better job making quality gains and keeping my BF a bit lower.  I'm around the 135 mark (give or take a few pounds depending on the day), and I hope to stay there.  I got a bench press competition in February that I'd really like to weigh in at 135 or less for. 

OH, btw, I CAN squat 225 although I don't like to (it scares me lol), and I don't go ass to grass either. 
I have no doubt that you've got that covered with the barbell and three plates with the Smith.  8)

135 is my figure contest weight, lol.  :)

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2007, 12:17:25 PM »
I gotta jump in here...........(Laura is new to all this and doesn't "get" or fully understand how "we" determine weight)

First off ...........Laura did do 5 plates per side on the Cybex leg press (for 8 reps)
she is a naturally strong girl (one of the strongest i have ever seen)

that being said ..............no way did she ever squat 315 lbs on the smith machine

she does a plate, plate and a quarter no problem...good deep reps 8 - 12 (working towards 225)

i dunno how she got confused............(she asks me all the time if it is one side or both sides how we determine weight)

Mike

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2007, 12:22:38 PM »
I gotta jump in here...........(Laura is new to all this and doesn't "get" or fully understand how "we" determine weight)

First off ...........Laura did do 5 plates per side on the Cybex leg press (for 8 reps)
she is a naturally strong girl (one of the strongest i have ever seen)

that being said ..............no way did she ever squat 315 lbs on the smith machine

she does a plate, plate and a quarter no problem...good deep reps 8 - 12 (working towards 225)

i dunno how she got confused............(she asks me all the time if it is one side or both sides how we determine weight)

Mike
Ummm I did 8 in the last set of 5 plates (leg press dear) 12 in the 2 sets prior.

and I also did more than a plate and a quarter on the smith!

I also only asked you ONCE if when you are "counting" plates if you count both sides or just one side. 

How much medicine did you take today?

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2007, 12:29:21 PM »
Ummm I did 8 in the last set of 5 plates (leg press dear) 12 in the 2 sets prior.

and I also did more than a plate and a quarter on the smith!

I also only asked you ONCE if when you are "counting" plates if you count both sides or just one side. 

How much medicine did you take today?

Im def sick today!!!!........................ im sure you have squatted more than a plate and a quarter hun
but on Get-Big it is much better to "downplay" your abilities so as to not deal with all the bullshit
your def closing in on squatting 225 lbs ..................but not 315
like i said your new to all this and just got confused (or a lil excited after we last trained legs and you were super-stong!)
not to take anything away from you ..............you have great genetics for both bodybuilding and strength
Mike

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2007, 12:40:14 PM »
OK that's IT. 
Mike, you clearly are highly medicated!!   >:(

Just run the video camera, and Laura will take care of the hard part, OK?!