Author Topic: why are chimney fires dangerous  (Read 2728 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
why are chimney fires dangerous
« on: March 29, 2011, 02:14:39 AM »
???

I don't understand why you call the fire department for a chimney fire, isn't the fireplace and chimney made to have fires?

???

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
Re: why are chimney fires dangerous
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2011, 02:31:26 AM »
Just this year, a guy down the street lost his house to a chimney fire.  Spread through the roof like wildfire.  People need to realize that a chimney is not maintenance free.  They need to be cleaned and inspected at least every year just to make sure the lining is not damaged and there is no creosote build-up.

STAY POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 02:44:08 AM »
thnx for the info but im just asking how the fuck a fire spreads outside the thick brick and concrete of the ciminy and into the roof/house?

WTF?

I think alot of it has to do with the tiles and mortar being cracked therefore the fire spreads along the roof.  Creosote fires can spill out of the chimney and flash into the house.

POSITIVE.... 

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 04:00:35 AM »
???

I don't understand why you call the fire department for a chimney fire, isn't the fireplace and chimney made to have fires?

???
On today's gay society? Yes, chimneys is way to masculin, you need something gayer to warm you, like a small heather in a form of a penis...
S

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2011, 05:03:57 AM »
Nuffink a step in time won't solve, Guv'nuh.  Chim chim cheroo.