Author Topic: 2013 NPC Junior Nationals - Results  (Read 9118 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: 2013 NPC Junior Nationals - Results
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2013, 04:45:33 PM »
the reason why most of the pro cards go to people in the US is that most of the pro shows are in the US.  The IFBB thinks American fans would be more interested in American competitors.  this was even more true just a few years ago when the only non-North American show was the Australian Pro.

and it doesn't hurt that the owner of the pro IFBB and the owner of the NPC is the same guy.
maybe but that is not what they would admit to, they simply say that the pro card go where there is more competition and the US yields the most competitors hence they will yield the most pro cards.

yes.  very much so.  The NPC is designated a non-profit but it's still owned by Manion.  The pro IFBB is also a privately owned company, owned in part, if not entirely, by Manion.
Ya really non-profitable, lmao, not at you but at them.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2013, 05:26:36 PM »
the reason why most of the pro cards go to people in the US is that most of the pro shows are in the US.  The IFBB thinks American fans would be more interested in American competitors.  this was even more true just a few years ago when the only non-North American show was the Australian Pro.

and it doesn't hurt that the owner of the pro IFBB and the owner of the NPC is the same guy.

Tim, I would point that IFBB Pro League & IFBB a 2 different "organizations" and noticeable many individuals don't
see difference.
Also is interesting that Rafael Sanotjas IFBB (amateurs) organize Pro Mr.Europe contest !.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2013, 04:06:46 AM »
Wow, you just made me feel real dumb  :(  :D  lmao, ya pretty stupid of me, lol, how about a 200 dollar bet he makes top 5 this year at the O, I can send the money to a mod and you too and whoever wins the bet takes the coin  ;)

Actually, I'm a big Ramy fan. More separation in the quads and over all condition he blows everyone else away. Politics permitting, and staying injury free, he's the next Mr. O. Not this year, though. Gotta pay your dues. It'll help if he learns English and spends some time in the US to get his face on the mag covers. But this year even though Kai is better it's still going to PHil.

But I agree with you. Top five at least. I think he'll come in third behind Phil and Kai unless they Jay pulls a miracle.