Author Topic: Vince Basile thinks he can get back in shape like he did  (Read 18682 times)

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
Vince Basile thinks he can get back in shape like he did
« on: September 09, 2011, 01:59:45 PM »
This guy claims he can get back in the same shape evne better than he was when he won Mr Canada 40 yrs ago? Is he just stirring up shit to get attention or is he serious. He calls hmself scientific but doesn't believe in reading books. Didnt he say you only need 25 grams of protein a day?

Instead making all these claims why don't you just prove it? Get off your fat ass and train for around 6 months and prove of us wrong.

"Do you believe that you could at this point in your life equal or surpass your 1970 Mr. Canada condition?"

Absolutely! Without any doubt whatever. I met a radiographer several years ago and she commented that my body hasn't
aged much compared to other men my age. She works in a large Sydney hospital and does X-Rays on thousands of people.
I wondered if it was my decades of hypertrophy training that has helped or if it is purely heredity.

Some people are doomed not to grow much from training. In Pellius' case it is his lifestyle where he competes in martial arts
and keeps his bodyweight down to stay in lighter classes. In addition, our ageing hero probably likes to stay lean because
he gets compliments for his condition. All that activity and staying lighter goes against building large muscles. If he were less
active he would have a better chance of growing bigger. All the steroids and gh in the world won't make you bigger unless
you eat heaps of extra food. It is as if he sabotaged any hope of ever getting bigger. That is the explanation for his failure
to get bigger. His need for hormone replacement might be because of poor advice from doctors who know almost zero about
hypertrophy. I have no need for any HRT and hope I never need such treatment. To hell with pills and injections that so many
rely on. What kind of mentality is that? No thanks. gh15 is the prophet of doom here on Getbig. What he recommends is insane and I fear
too many already subscribe to that nonsense. The inmates have overrun this asylum while logical and scientific blokes like
me are ridiculed.

che

• Getbig V
Re: Whats with this BAsile guy? Delusional? Pulling our chain?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 02:01:51 PM »
Get off your fat ass and train for around 6 months and prove of us wrong.

Don't talk to him like that.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 02:03:55 PM »
Vince Basille is the real deal and really ws the winner of the IFBB Mr Canada back in the 70's.
He has sound souns basic  advice on training and diet.
Having said that, as an over 50 guy myself, it is tough to get back in great shape as we get a lot older for a variety of reasons.
It can be done, BUT the buring desire has to be there and I am not sure if Vince has that mindset these days.

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 02:10:08 PM »
Vince Basille is the real deal and really ws the winner of the IFBB Mr Canada back in the 70's.
He has sound souns basic  advice on training and diet.
Having said that, as an over 50 guy myself, it is tough to get back in great shape as we get a lot older for a variety of reasons.
It can be done, BUT the buring desire has to be there and I am not sure if Vince has that mindset these days.

You can get in great shape. I'm not disputing that. but 40 ain't 25 and I think he's pushing close to 70 yo. At 50 you don't think you have lost anything physically then when you were 20. But that Imean the ability and potential. If you today and you at 25 were to follow the exact same training program nutrition and life style, after a year would the results be the same?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 02:16:41 PM »
You can get in great shape. I'm not disputing that. but 40 ain't 25 and I think he's pushing close to 70 yo. At 50 you don't think you have lost anything physically then when you were 20. But that Imean the ability and potential. If you today and you at 25 were to follow the exact same training program nutrition and life style, after a year would the results be the same?
being a typical meathead I did a lot of dumb, silly training and diet stuff back in the day.
When I did the intense 4 day a week Mentzer Heavy Duty routine I made really good gains.

The best thing any guy an do is get the Dorian Yates DVD called " Blood and Guts" and watch the Yates 4 days a week, routine.
He hits a body part one day a week and works up to one all out set of 8-10 reps.

Most guys today OVERtrain and fail to lift with really good form or intensity . They think drugs are magic potions and don't max out on the basic stuff like hard,intense training and a quality diet.
Sure drugs help, no question, but you need a foundation to build the rest of the house or it falls down.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 02:16:51 PM »
The old codger has mastered the art of trolling.

I first encountered him 8-10 years back. Always the same thing- "strength athletes and body builders are wrong, I will unleash a revolutionary theory of hypertrophy that will allow the young, old, and natural to experience unprecedented growth".  Then folks afford him some measure of respect, even though lots of his stuff reads like bitter old man horseshit, because he knew Mentzer and Arnold, and was Mr. Yukon Territories 1907 or whatever the fuck.

People finally stop caring, and Vince decides that they are Flotsom and Jetsom unworthy of being blessed with his knowledge.

Same thing always, just different boards.

He's a fun troll though:).

luvvsuNOT

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 07:45:43 PM »
being a typical meathead I did a lot of dumb, silly training and diet stuff back in the day.
When I did the intense 4 day a week Mentzer Heavy Duty routine I made really good gains.

The best thing any guy an do is get the Dorian Yates DVD called " Blood and Guts" and watch the Yates 4 days a week, routine.
He hits a body part one day a week and works up to one all out set of 8-10 reps.

Most guys today OVERtrain and fail to lift with really good form or intensity . They think drugs are magic potions and don't max out on the basic stuff like hard,intense training and a quality diet.
Sure drugs help, no question, but you need a foundation to build the rest of the house or it falls down.

But you didnt answer the question. Do yo think at 50 you would respond the same way to training and diet as you did when you were 25? Im just not sure if Basile really belives this or is just stirring things up.

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 07:46:13 PM »
Very entertaining poster,
Gives a fuck about BB.
Does not seem to give a fuck what anyone here thinks.
Knew Arnold.
Was a pro when it was more of a sport.
Is into the power of natural training.
Owns gym
Compassionate human too boot.

Vince is cool for sure. Deal with it.
Not sure about getting into 1970 shape in 2011 but good for him if he wants to have a go.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 08:28:49 PM »
Don't leave out teenage boy toucher when you're listing Basile accolades.

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 08:33:03 PM »
That's fucked :-\

oliolioli

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 10:52:58 PM »
The old codger has mastered the art of trolling.

I first encountered him 8-10 years back. Always the same thing- "strength athletes and body builders are wrong, I will unleash a revolutionary theory of hypertrophy that will allow the young, old, and natural to experience unprecedented growth".  Then folks afford him some measure of respect, even though lots of his stuff reads like bitter old man horseshit, because he knew Mentzer and Arnold, and was Mr. Yukon Territories 1907 or whatever the fuck.

People finally stop caring, and Vince decides that they are Flotsom and Jetsom unworthy of being blessed with his knowledge.

Same thing always, just different boards.

He's a fun troll though:).

I actually like Basile because he is unique and follows no one.  But that line about Mr. Yukon Territories 1907 is one of the funniest I've seen on this board.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 10:58:28 PM »
basile is a sex offender

and should be ignored
T

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 11:19:49 PM »
LOL. Praise and blame fall away from me like rain from an umbrella. When posters have to resort to accusations of being a pedo that proves they are unable to dismiss my theories with anything intelligent or scientific. I know what I do for a number of reasons. I started training in 1958. I attended several universities so adopted the methods there for obtaining knowledge. I didn't follow what the magazines said about the protein requirement. Pellius still is unable to understand basic human nutrition. Mike Mentzer was probably the last highly intelligent bodybuilder and what a pity he is no longer with us.

The other factor that led me to discover important factors about hypertrophy was my laziness. I was a PE teacher for 10 years and also worked at my gym 6 days a week. I didn't have much time for training so had to be efficient and effective in what I did. However, I was influenced by the super-intelligent Arthur Jones and reduced the number of sets I was doing. Well, I had completely missed the most important factor in hypertrophy. Arthur knew about intensity and that is a necessary factor but not a sufficient one. You can make gains using his methods but only for a short period. Then you will plateau like just about everyone else in gyms around the world. Why is it that so few are still growing when they are busting their collective guts in the gym? No one knew. Mike thought it was overtraining. Lee Priest didn't believe there was any such thing and he was right. Mike and Arthur have misguided millions of bodybuilders. Howard subscribes to that method but it is truly limited.

How did my laziness lead to a discovery about hypertrophy? Well, most bodybuilders subscribe to the notion that you must train all bodyparts every week if you want to retain your size. That is simply false. You can do a couple of body parts and keep your size. I did exactly that when I tried to build my arms up in 1998. In one month I put over an inch on my arms and calves doing 10 workouts....every 3rd day. The key to hypertrophy is doing multiple sets with your maximum resistance. To obtain a big pump you have to keep the reps up. This also is beneficial because you don't cheat as much. So I advocate doing 15 reps for arms because by the time you reach your 3rd maximum set you will be down to about 10 reps. You can keep the reps up if you rest longer between sets. I also superset bis with tris. Exercise selection is absolutely crucial for hypertrophy. More in another post.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 11:20:17 PM »
I thought we had already hashed this over...

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 11:24:23 PM »
Here come the ignorant Flotsam. I have better things to do than post for a bunch of assholes here.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 11:33:54 PM »
Here come the ignorant Flotsam. I have better things to do than post for a bunch of assholes here.

But....

you just replied anyway... and with a picture. Is that a contradiction, or do you have a way to rationalize this irony?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 11:49:52 PM »
IRL I wouldn't respond to anyone calling themselves dyslexic. I am a known bb champion and should be treated with more respect than some of you assholes give me.

I posted here as a response to those who would like to hear my theory on hypertrophy. If history has taught me anything then I completely overestimate the intelligence of the

average person here because they require to be spoonfed and I have no time for that. A properly explained theory should suffice for anyone capable of completing a degree

at university. Once you comprehend the theory it should be a simple matter to apply it via the technology available. Some people are simply incapable of doing any such thing. I

guess that partly explains why so few actually get really big. They simply don't have the right method or they don't apply it properly. Drugs can't do everything. That is a myth.

oliolioli

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 11:53:05 PM »
I think if you explain the theory more that you will get some positive feedback.  You'll also get some jokers, but just ignore them and don't engage them, simple as that.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2011, 12:47:57 AM »
Vince, just shut up and post some nude pics of the fat whores you love so much!

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2011, 01:02:41 AM »
Vince, can you please expand on this.  Perhaps with a sample workout plan?
Well, most bodybuilders subscribe to the notion that you must train all bodyparts every week if you want to retain your size. That is simply false. You can do a couple of body parts and keep your size. I did exactly that

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2011, 01:03:55 AM »
IRL I wouldn't respond to anyone calling themselves dyslexic. I am a known bb champion and should be treated with more respect than some of you assholes give me.

I posted here as a response to those who would like to hear my theory on hypertrophy. If history has taught me anything then I completely overestimate the intelligence of the

average person here because they require to be spoonfed and I have no time for that. A properly explained theory should suffice for anyone capable of completing a degree

at university. Once you comprehend the theory it should be a simple matter to apply it via the technology available. Some people are simply incapable of doing any such thing. I

guess that partly explains why so few actually get really big. They simply don't have the right method or they don't apply it properly. Drugs can't do everything. That is a myth.

sick pedo meltdown
T

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2011, 01:58:59 AM »
I am the epitome of sane and rational. Most of the dudes here can't be helped so think by putting down others they are some sort of internet heroes.

I behave the same whether it is online or in real life. I can't say that for the Flotsam.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2011, 02:00:07 AM »
vince i seriously would like to discuss this training
if you would break it down what a week would look like
i am short on time also and am considering changing up my routine
irongearco.com

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2011, 02:04:58 AM »
so you advocate HIT workouts with more frequency?
i am limited on the days that i can go to the gym also

i am thinking of a 4 day a week routine with legs getting a day to themselves
i wanted to go done to 3 day a week routine but felt that there would be no way that i could get everything in
irongearco.com

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 02:09:25 AM »
I am the epitome of sane and rational. Most of the dudes here can't be helped so think by putting down others they are some sort of internet heroes.

I behave the same whether it is online or in real life. I can't say that for the Flotsam.

Yet you put down Melvince no problem ?  ???