Author Topic: Are pitbulls the most dangerous breed?  (Read 27459 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Are pitbulls the most dangerous breed?
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2014, 01:06:19 PM »
I read a story of a guy breeding a Hyena with a pitbull.  That would be nuts.  The guy above. Are you talking about a Mastiff?
Hyenas are part of the feliformia, they are cats.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2014, 01:09:46 PM »
Rogan talks about a Pit being attacked by a pack of Coyotes and the Pit killed like 9 Coyotes. That's fukcing badass...

MikMaq

« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2014, 01:14:51 PM »
Most dangerous breed would have to be those Russian bear-dogs, I don't remember the breed name. Those things are insane! I'll try and find a video of these things, they go batshit crazy as soon as they see someone walk by them.

Edit: I think they're called Caucasian ovcharka

They look like their a breed similar to newfs me thinks they ain't too viscious.

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2014, 01:21:40 PM »
I don't understand what you mean.

They may never have been bred to be aggressive toward humans, but they still possess an overall aggressive trait (if passed down to their offspring). I don't think the aggressive trait would literally distinguish between humans and other animals.
you are wrong on that part. Its a big difference btw having a dogaggresive dog and a humanaggressive dog.

i have known lots of dogs that hated other dogs and was aggressive to them but not one of them would hurt a human (of the dogs i known)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2014, 01:26:20 PM »
you are wrong on that part. Its a big difference btw having a dogaggresive dog and a humanaggressive dog.

i have known lots of dogs that hated other dogs and was aggressive to them but not one of them would hurt a human (of the dogs i known)

Well, I may be wrong. However, many of these dogs who are bred to be aggressive toward other dogs are probably treated like shit by their human owners. So, it would be no surprise if they were aggressive toward humans.

But I do not know the specific research about how a trait would manifest differently toward specific groups of species. I do not even know if there is research out there like that.
X

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2014, 01:34:59 PM »
it's a breed bred to guard and fight. ofcourse you're right.

I had a gf with a rottweiler(white trash fuckhead) nice dog but yeah don't want to make it upset. Stole his toy for fun once.. shouldn't have. All I can say is I'm glad it didnt bite my face off.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 01:40:00 PM »
two references to kneegrows in a row.. someone a little sensitive?
I never mentioned hebrows ???
Assume much?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2014, 05:14:41 PM »
What about  a Leonberger, those things are huge. Are they mean?

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2014, 11:36:36 PM »
Got into a pretty heated augment with a die hard pitbull owner, I said there naturly aggressive as they where breed to attack the faces and necks of bears and bulls. She stated that it's the owners that make them mean. My response was that pitbulls are not the only dog with bad owners, if that was the case pitbulls wouldn't lead the fatally rate by 75%
She then said well it used by fighters that's why. I said well why do you think there used for fighting? Is it because of there temperament? There is a reason why they are the number one fighting dog. Yet she refused to even admit that yes they are more aggressive by nature.

The problem is that the margin of error with a Pitbull is so much smaller than with other breeds.  Pitbulls can injure someone so throughly in such a short period of time.  This is largely because of their truly phenomenal bite strength.  It has been cited that Chihuahuas are a more aggressive breed than Pitbulls.  This may be true, but a Chihuahua can't crush a windpipe in 10 seconds of anger.

Incidentally this can be true for people as well.  How many times have we heard of a weight trainer in a barroom, suddenly finding themselves looking down at the floor at someone they have just injured.  They are thinking, "How can this be? I just lightly brushed this insect away!"

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2014, 11:48:52 PM »
Hyenas are part of the feliformia, they are cats.
i thought they are related to weasels

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2014, 12:09:55 AM »
Something like 99% of all dogs have no real fight drive or nerve and will only bite you out of fear so I wouldn't worry about it too much

Pits are awesome , most of their owners are not

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2014, 12:58:37 AM »
Pitbulls are the hebrews of the dog world.

"Oh its not all them", "how they were raised" "mine never did anything bad" etc etc...

Mongrels.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2014, 07:10:14 AM »
It depends on how they are raised, sadly, most owners are douches, thugs and bodybuilders with shit for brains ....

In other words, Pitbulls can leave permanent damage on you EASILY and should be banned from this fucked up society .

WoooSSHHHHHHHHHH

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2014, 07:14:45 AM »
Woman Killed By Pit Bulls She
Raised From Puppies
By Ruth Rendon
c. 2002 Houston Chronicle
7-19-2

SPLENDORA -- A 52-year-old woman who raised pit bull terriers was killed after being mauled by four of them she had raised from puppies, the Harris County Medical Examiner's Office ruled Wednesday.

Bernard Lee Carter returned from work about 7 p.m. Tuesday to find the dogs standing over Dorothy Carter, his wife of six years. She was face down in an enclosed back porch, Splendora police Sgt. Mark Seals said.

ChronicleAn outside shot of the Carter's home in Splendora."There were a lot of bites all over her," Seals said of the bloody scene. "It's probably the worst I've seen."

Carter was pronounced dead at the scene by Cynthia McMillan, Montgomery County Precinct 4 justice of the peace.

A preliminary report late Wednesday from the Harris County Medical Examiner's office said Carter died of dog bites. Earlier,officials speculated she might have died as a result of a seizure before being attacked.

But Seals said the medical examiner's office reported no evidence that Carter had suffered a seizure before the attack.

As a result, Seals said he would ask McMillan for an order to destroy the dogs. McMillan had ordered the dogs impounded. She said a veterinarian had given them medication to empty their stomachs.

"It's so gross I can't tell you," McMillan said of the incident, which occurred at the Carter home on Shadow Briar Lane in theDeerbrook subdivision.

Carter was severely disfigured and had deep wounds to her arms and legs, Seals said.

Officers at the Montgomery County Animal Control, where the dogs are being kept, said the animals -- two of them males -- weighbetween 45 and 100 pounds.

Her husband said they range in age from 3 1/2 years to 9 months.

The youngest dog, Bud, was Dorothy Carter's lap dog, her husband said.

Carter, 50, a mechanic, said the dogs were his wife's protectors. When she recently suffered a seizure in bed, he said, the dogstried to get her up by pulling on her hair.

"They always protected her. They were probably trying to get her to get up," a teary-eyed Carter said while sitting in the livingroom of his home. "In my mind that's what happened."

He suspects his wife had a seizure in the morning and fell. She was still wearing her morning coat when he found her, he said.

Carter said when he left for work at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday, his wife was up. He said if she didn't take her medication early, she wouldtend to forget. Her seizures, he said, had become more severe recently, causing her to fall and hit her head several times.

Although pit bull terriers are perceived as vicious, Carter said his four dogs had never exhibited aggression towardhim or his wife.

"They've never bitten anybody. They've never harmed any other animal. I don't know what happened," he said. He described the pets asindoor dogs that were prone to sleeping on couches.

"They wouldn't hurt anybody," he said.

Police have no history of calls to the residence, located on about two acres on a dead-end street, related to animals, Seals said.The one time police went to the home was when Dorothy Carter thought someone was trying to break in, he said.

Carter said the dogs would bark if anyone walked onto their property, enclosed by a 400-foot chain-link fence. An electric fence ontop of that is designed to keep the dogs in and stray animals out, he said.

The dogs had not left the property in more than a year, except when the couple would take the oldest male, Jack, for a ride in thecar, he said.

Carter described Jack as "fat and always just laid around."

Carter said he and his wife had been raising pit bulls for about 3 1/2 years and would sell them.

"Nobody has ever had any problems with them," he said. "We've never had any problems with them."

Neighbor Christie Hantelman, who lives across the street, said the dogs were not aggressive. Nevertheless, she would not go to thehome because of the animals.

"I thought she had a seizure and had died from that. I was shocked the dogs had done that," she said.

Carter is contemplating how to pay for his wife's funeral expenses. His wife, he said, wanted to be cremated and her ashes spread ontheir property.

"I had so many plans for me and her," he said, including improvements to their home, which they had lived in six years. Their planswere sidetracked when she lost her job with an auto parts store. That meant not only the loss of income but also the loss of thecouple's medical insurance.

The couple met while Dorothy Carter was delivering parts to the auto mechanic shop where Bernard Carter worked.

He said they had kept to themselves of late, especially since her health had started failing.

"We really didn't get out much. We mainly stayed at home and would work in the yard," said Carter, apologizing for the overgrowngrass. A broken lawn mower, he said, had not been repaired or replaced.

"She loved this place. She picked out the house," he said of the couple's manufactured home. "She picked out the lot. We just wantedto live here and have a happy life." 

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2014, 07:20:30 AM »
Homeschooled teen 'who shot dead his strict parents' appears in court as police reveal he taped flashlight to a rifle

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2014, 08:28:00 AM »
http://www.turnto10.com/story/23065055/vicious-dog-hearing-in-providence

PROVIDENCE -

Ariella Palumbo cried Wednesday as she watched a three-person panel at a vicious dog hearing in Providence vote unanimously to have her pit bull euthanized.

Wooossshhhh the stigma

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2014, 08:47:37 AM »
The only good dog is on the dinner table.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2014, 08:57:19 AM »
Woman Killed By Pit Bulls She
Raised From Puppies
By Ruth Rendon
c. 2002 Houston Chronicle
7-19-2

SPLENDORA -- A 52-year-old woman who raised pit bull terriers was killed after being mauled by four of them she had raised from puppies, the Harris County Medical Examiner's Office ruled Wednesday.

Bernard Lee Carter returned from work about 7 p.m. Tuesday to find the dogs standing over Dorothy Carter, his wife of six years. She was face down in an enclosed back porch, Splendora police Sgt. Mark Seals said.

ChronicleAn outside shot of the Carter's home in Splendora."There were a lot of bites all over her," Seals said of the bloody scene. "It's probably the worst I've seen."

Carter was pronounced dead at the scene by Cynthia McMillan, Montgomery County Precinct 4 justice of the peace.

A preliminary report late Wednesday from the Harris County Medical Examiner's office said Carter died of dog bites. Earlier,officials speculated she might have died as a result of a seizure before being attacked.

But Seals said the medical examiner's office reported no evidence that Carter had suffered a seizure before the attack.

As a result, Seals said he would ask McMillan for an order to destroy the dogs. McMillan had ordered the dogs impounded. She said a veterinarian had given them medication to empty their stomachs.

"It's so gross I can't tell you," McMillan said of the incident, which occurred at the Carter home on Shadow Briar Lane in theDeerbrook subdivision.

Carter was severely disfigured and had deep wounds to her arms and legs, Seals said.

Officers at the Montgomery County Animal Control, where the dogs are being kept, said the animals -- two of them males -- weighbetween 45 and 100 pounds.

Her husband said they range in age from 3 1/2 years to 9 months.

The youngest dog, Bud, was Dorothy Carter's lap dog, her husband said.

Carter, 50, a mechanic, said the dogs were his wife's protectors. When she recently suffered a seizure in bed, he said, the dogstried to get her up by pulling on her hair.

"They always protected her. They were probably trying to get her to get up," a teary-eyed Carter said while sitting in the livingroom of his home. "In my mind that's what happened."

He suspects his wife had a seizure in the morning and fell. She was still wearing her morning coat when he found her, he said.

Carter said when he left for work at 6:30 a.m. Tuesday, his wife was up. He said if she didn't take her medication early, she wouldtend to forget. Her seizures, he said, had become more severe recently, causing her to fall and hit her head several times.

Although pit bull terriers are perceived as vicious, Carter said his four dogs had never exhibited aggression towardhim or his wife.

"They've never bitten anybody. They've never harmed any other animal. I don't know what happened," he said. He described the pets asindoor dogs that were prone to sleeping on couches.

"They wouldn't hurt anybody," he said.

Police have no history of calls to the residence, located on about two acres on a dead-end street, related to animals, Seals said.The one time police went to the home was when Dorothy Carter thought someone was trying to break in, he said.

Carter said the dogs would bark if anyone walked onto their property, enclosed by a 400-foot chain-link fence. An electric fence ontop of that is designed to keep the dogs in and stray animals out, he said.

The dogs had not left the property in more than a year, except when the couple would take the oldest male, Jack, for a ride in thecar, he said.

Carter described Jack as "fat and always just laid around."

Carter said he and his wife had been raising pit bulls for about 3 1/2 years and would sell them.

"Nobody has ever had any problems with them," he said. "We've never had any problems with them."

Neighbor Christie Hantelman, who lives across the street, said the dogs were not aggressive. Nevertheless, she would not go to thehome because of the animals.

"I thought she had a seizure and had died from that. I was shocked the dogs had done that," she said.

Carter is contemplating how to pay for his wife's funeral expenses. His wife, he said, wanted to be cremated and her ashes spread ontheir property.

"I had so many plans for me and her," he said, including improvements to their home, which they had lived in six years. Their planswere sidetracked when she lost her job with an auto parts store. That meant not only the loss of income but also the loss of thecouple's medical insurance.

The couple met while Dorothy Carter was delivering parts to the auto mechanic shop where Bernard Carter worked.

He said they had kept to themselves of late, especially since her health had started failing.

"We really didn't get out much. We mainly stayed at home and would work in the yard," said Carter, apologizing for the overgrowngrass. A broken lawn mower, he said, had not been repaired or replaced.

"She loved this place. She picked out the house," he said of the couple's manufactured home. "She picked out the lot. We just wantedto live here and have a happy life." 

This is what I'm talking about everyone else involved see it pretty clear that the dogs killed her. Yet the husband is defending the pits.

From my understanding they can be great dogs for years and all it takes is that one time you move to fast or do something that sets off their hair trigger and that's all it takes.

More then likely what happened here one attacked and being pack animals they all jump in 

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2014, 09:54:14 AM »
Carter said the dogs were his wife's protectors.

Hahahahha, someone should have mentioned that to the dogs.

stavios

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2014, 10:27:09 AM »
depends, huskies are supposed to be fucking stupid

and mine is even stupider  :-\

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2014, 10:46:30 AM »
Hahahahha, someone should have mentioned that to the dogs.
lål   ;D

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2014, 11:03:36 AM »
depends, huskies are supposed to be fucking stupid

and mine is even stupider  :-\
yeah but they're cool dogs to be around they don't give a shit about nothing.....fear nothing and they are a hardy breed.
F

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2014, 11:38:51 AM »
The only good dog is on the dinner table.
And you wonder why you people are despised.  ;)

Europe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2014, 12:16:55 PM »
Got into a pretty heated augment with a die hard pitbull owner, I said there naturly aggressive as they where breed to attack the faces and necks of bears and bulls.

She stated that it's the owners that make them mean.

My response was that pitbulls are not the only dog with bad owners, if that was the case pitbulls wouldn't lead the fatally rate by 75%

She then said well it used by fighters that's why.

I said well why do you think there used for fighting? Is it because of there temperament? There is a reason why they are the number one fighting dog.

Yet she refused to even admit that yes they are more aggressive by nature

Are pitbulls p4p the best fighting dogs? yes..
But noteworthy is that the breed was never intended to be a public dog, the same goes with Neapolitan Mastiff, Tosa Inu and other big Mastiff breeds.

John P. Colby(yr. 1889) was one of the first if not the first to peddle the american pitbull in that time called "Irish fighting bulldog" and other names. Many pitbull enthusiast were against Colby peddling and warned him, yet he ignored and peddled to the public.

However true game pitbulldogs aren't naturally aggressive towards human, that's because when they're fighting in the pit a referee who is stranger to both dogs must feel safe in the small  rectangle area="pit". As well the handlers of the dogs must feel safe when separating the dogs. In many incidents the handler weren't even the owners of the dogs.

Now to the modern era pitbulls, most pitbull owned by the public aren't even pure in the sense to keep it real purpose. Most public pitbulls today are mongrels/mutts and many early peddlers 70's-90's outbreed with american bulldogs, rottweilers, etc.. and peddled to the public as pure American Pitbulls(faked pedigree). Peddlers also didn't carefully breed these dogs, many man-biting pitbulls where breed and it man-biting traits stayed often in the puppies. All for the sake of money

What happens when breeding with other breeds is that aggressive traits towards human begins to appear, old school pitbulls owners always breed their dog to be as loyal/submissive to it's master.

Stupid dog owners will never understand that, in fact many pitbull owners are proud that their dog is the baddest in the block!

My verdict: The Pitbulldog should never be allowed to the public, too many stupid/irresponsible/smallDicked/insecure people.
I think that the pitbull should be abolished, it's serves no purpose to anyone to have a fighting dog anyway.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: December 09, 2014, 12:32:45 PM »
Allow me to end this thread here with logic.
1. Pits have incredibily thick necks and muscles which can do damage to delicate animals like humans
2. That is why you hear about the attacks as they can be very brutal, and media loves a villian (pits are easy villans).
3. People make bad dogs. End of story
4. Google "lab attacks kid" and scroll thru the countless articles...
5. They are no more aggressive towards people than any other dog unless owned by shit heads who beat, or torture their animals.
6. Love how eager you guys call out media outlets when they say "BBer attacks girlfriend". The media does the same thing with dogs. Say its a pitbull and you immediately get emotional and judgemental reaction from the niave dumbies who watch TV. The dog could be 1/4 pitt and media will call it a pit for ratings.