Author Topic: Are pitbulls the most dangerous breed?  (Read 27456 times)

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
Re: Are pitbulls the most dangerous breed?
« Reply #75 on: March 04, 2015, 11:05:43 AM »
Yes, one does. If they happen to be walking one in their suit prior to work. Normally people don't wear suits or their dress from work while walking a dog. But, on rare occasions, you may see that.

You'll still be hard pressed finding well educated people (regardless of race) owning this type of breed. Pitbulls and other breeds of fighting dog are strongly correlated with thugs.

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #76 on: March 04, 2015, 11:44:38 AM »
You'll still be hard pressed finding well educated people (regardless of race) owning this type of breed. Pitbulls and other breeds of fighting dog are strongly correlated with thugs.

Dumbest shit ive ever heard. These "thugs" grow tired of their dog for whatever reason, then pawn off the responsibility to "white collar" types like me. These shelters in my area are full of pits who need loving homes after their shit fucking "owners" give them up. They are amazing dogs (just like ANY dog). People who buy animals from pet stores or breeders are scum just like those who buy dogs and then give them to a shelter when they realize its an inconveience. My neighborhood is full of well off and well meaning pit owners who are doing their part by saving / adopting animals that need permanent loving homes

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: March 04, 2015, 12:01:27 PM »
Tibetan Mastiff - 160 to 200 lbs.

THE BEEF

Totally useless in hot climate  ;D

tren4life

• Getbig II
« Reply #78 on: March 04, 2015, 12:16:24 PM »
Dumbest shit ive ever heard. These "thugs" grow tired of their dog for whatever reason, then pawn off the responsibility to "white collar" types like me. These shelters in my area are full of pits who need loving homes after their shit fucking "owners" give them up. They are amazing dogs (just like ANY dog). People who buy animals from pet stores or breeders are scum just like those who buy dogs and then give them to a shelter when they realize its an inconveience. My neighborhood is full of well off and well meaning pit owners who are doing their part by saving / adopting animals that need permanent loving homes

I have adopted two pits who would have been euthanized. I agree they are great dogs but not everyone can handle the breed.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #79 on: March 04, 2015, 12:23:46 PM »
I thought the inner-city ghetto plot was the deadliest breed?

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: March 04, 2015, 07:05:19 PM »
Can pitbulls be dangerous? Yes
Are they dangerous under normal conditions? No

Pitbulls by themselves are not dangerous, but can be dangerous. And do indeed possess some physical and genetic traits that make them more dangerous. But all things considered, it's up to the owner to keep their dog out of unwanted circumstances where they may lash out. Knowing full well that with a powerful dog such as a pitbull comes risks and responsibilities.

In the end, no dog is more dangerous than their owner allows them to be. If the owner knows the dog, has control over the dog, and knows how to handle the dog, there are no issues.

Pitbulls are not for everyone.
after generations of breeding the pitbull is a headcase it can be very affectionate and well bite your face off moments later

D.O.A.

• Getbig IV
  • Revenge is a dish best served ice cold
« Reply #81 on: March 04, 2015, 07:36:55 PM »
NO!
Any dog can be dangerous. I believe a" East German Shepard "is the most dangerous one.
Love dogs

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #82 on: March 04, 2015, 07:37:46 PM »
after generations of breeding the pitbull is a headcase it can be very affectionate and well bite your face off moments later
::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Mawse

• Getbig IV
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2015, 09:01:53 PM »

LOL! buying dogs from a breeder makes you ''scum''?

interesting perspective  ???

that reminds, me I need to pick up some more raw liver for my horrifically abused German Rottie on the way home

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2015, 09:14:42 PM »
dont tell me you have a second cousin that knows someone that has a pit thats great with kids and toy poodles ::)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2015, 09:46:30 PM »
The more important question is what should we ban first: Guns or pitbulls?
X

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: March 05, 2015, 03:38:39 AM »
LOL! buying dogs from a breeder makes you ''scum''?

interesting perspective  ???

that reminds, me I need to pick up some more raw liver for my horrifically abused German Rottie on the way home

Yeah it does. Too many dogs out there that need homes. Why pay for one, and create even more unwanted animals at the same time?

"But mommy, i want a brand new cute puppy!"....lol

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #87 on: March 05, 2015, 04:59:07 AM »

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: March 05, 2015, 05:31:46 AM »

When a white pit bites you, I'm not going to do nothing at all.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: March 05, 2015, 05:34:42 AM »
Yeah it does. Too many dogs out there that need homes. Why pay for one, and create even more unwanted animals at the same time?

"But mommy, i want a brand new cute puppy!"....lol

Too many foster children out there need homes... but I'm not going to think less of someone that has a baby of their own...

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #90 on: March 05, 2015, 05:39:29 AM »
The same could be said about Cocker Spaniels. The breed seems to have issues with Rage Syndrome. Even though RS does occur in other breeds, it seems to be more prevalent in English Cocker Spaniels

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: March 05, 2015, 05:41:46 AM »
The same could be said about Cocker Spaniels. The breed seems to have issues with Rage Syndrome. Even though RS does occur in other breeds, it seems to be more prevalent in English Cocker Spaniels
yeah theres no difference in inflicted damage  ::)

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: March 05, 2015, 05:43:10 AM »
Too many foster children out there need homes... but I'm not going to think less of someone that has a baby of their own...
the problem with this thinking, is that you have too many backyard breeders who try and make a profit. And some of these breeders do have connections to underground dogfighting.
And, you as LE can make the connection with dogfighting, guns, and drugs.
There are reputable pit bull breeders, but many are as shady as a large Oak tree.

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #93 on: March 05, 2015, 05:52:41 AM »
the problem with this thinking, is that you have too many backyard breeders who try and make a profit. And some of these breeders do have connections to underground dogfighting.
There are reputable pit bull breeders, but many are as shady as a large Oak tree.

Here in Norway, almost no well-educated person will own a Pitbull or similar dog. It is a dog for people on welfare, criminals etc. It makes sense- why would anyone want a dog that scares people? Thus, it is almost impossible to disentangle the owner influence from genetic traits in the dog. There are some studies on dog agression that are interesting- here is one: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168159108001147

NN

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: March 05, 2015, 05:52:50 AM »
yeah theres no difference in inflicted damage  ::)
damage is damage...
Before pit bulls were all the rage, it was Rotts. Before that Dobermans and German Shepards...
Gee, three German breeds. The Rott is a big dog, a Molosser breed, just like the pit bull. And could and did inflict a lot of damage. The German Shepard and Doberman, due to their size and shape of jaws, have more scissor like bites...but still inflict damage.

The problem is, while the pit bull was bred to be a fighting dog, it's not some mythical killing machine. It was created by man, so it is flawed, as all dogs are.

If you cut down on the backyard breeders, have the AKC help establish certain lines, and breed standards (which means that the breed is recognized by the AKC), the issues that arise may be cut down.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2015, 05:54:13 AM »

I'm talking dogs in general. I'm a tad biased about Pit Bulls. When I read articles where a man comes home to find his wife torn apart from the pit bulls they raised as puppies with no inclination there were mistreated or trained to fight it causes me concern. It's not an isolated incident. I think there are pit bulls that are out there that are harmless, but when things go bad with a pit, they go really really bad so I personally wouldn't take that chance. I fully admit my position is likely biased based on my experiences with them and the news I've watched over the years.   

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #96 on: March 05, 2015, 05:57:55 AM »
Here in Norway, almost no well-educated person will own a Pitbull or similar dog. It is a dog for people on welfare, criminals etc. It makes sense- why would anyone want a dog that scares people? Thus, it is almost impossible to disentangle the owner influence from genetic traits in the dog. There are some studies on dog agression that are interesting- here is one: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0168159108001147

NN

This guy gets it.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2015, 05:58:45 AM »

NN
People are scared of the reputation. And the idiots that you mentioned get the dogs want to be associated with the reputation. If the dog didn't exist, then it would Rotts, English Staffy, Dobermans, etc.

Yet, would you say the same about the English Staffy, English Bull Terrier?
Or, let's go into how the bulldog came into being?

And by the way, if a person was well educated, then they would see that their own ignorance clouds their own judgement.

You should say, "people who are scared of being judged by picking a dog with such a reputation do not own pit bulls".

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #98 on: March 05, 2015, 06:07:01 AM »
People are scared of the reputation. And the idiots that you mentioned get the dogs want to be associated with the reputation. If the dog didn't exist, then it would Rotts, English Staffy, Dobermans, etc.

And by the way, if a person was well educated, then they would see that their own ignorance clouds their own judgement.

You should say, "people who are scared of being judged by picking a dog with such a reputation do not own pit bulls".

Both statements can be correct- there is no incompatibility. But you hint at some sort of social construction in the perception of dog breed "dangerousness". I guess you are right to some degree, but what is the origin of the perception? Dog historians should chime in!  :)

NN

hardgainerj

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: March 05, 2015, 06:08:15 AM »

its a better dog than its unstable american cousin

whats your point it was initially bred for baiting now its bred for handicaps