Author Topic: Are pitbulls the most dangerous breed?  (Read 27454 times)

LittleJ

• Getbig V
Re: Are pitbulls the most dangerous breed?
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2014, 12:32:50 PM »
And you wonder why you people are despised.  ;)

Think of all the protein one can consume off of a doggy. :)

stavios

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2014, 12:57:24 PM »
yeah but they're cool dogs to be around they don't give a shit about nothing.....fear nothing and they are a hardy breed.

fuck yeah my puppy is fearless he doesn't give a fuck, like a honeybadger

but he won't learn nothing  ;D

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2014, 04:15:01 PM »
Allow me to end this thread here with logic.
1. Pits have incredibily thick necks and muscles which can do damage to delicate animals like humans
2. That is why you hear about the attacks as they can be very brutal, and media loves a villian (pits are easy villans).
3. People make bad dogs. End of story
4. Google "lab attacks kid" and scroll thru the countless articles...
5. They are no more aggressive towards people than any other dog unless owned by shit heads who beat, or torture their animals.
6. Love how eager you guys call out media outlets when they say "BBer attacks girlfriend". The media does the same thing with dogs. Say its a pitbull and you immediately get emotional and judgemental reaction from the niave dumbies who watch TV. The dog could be 1/4 pitt and media will call it a pit for ratings.

But facts are facts man, 66 deaths per year for pitbulls, 3 for labs they lead the fatality rate by 75%. You think that people are scared of these dogs just cuz?

It's common sense a animal that p4p is the most dangerous dog out there and the numbers prove that.

A 70lb lab is more then capable of killing me if it wanted to. But the numbers are not there.

The fact that a pit is more capable of being a killer is exactly my point. There for they are a extremely dangerous dog

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #53 on: December 09, 2014, 04:20:11 PM »
I had a pit/lab mix when I lived in FL. I used to go to the local dog park and noticed that all the scary looking pits there there had gangsta or wigger owners. I always carried a gun at the dog park because Florida. I made up my mind that if a pit is attacking, my second round is going into the owner.

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: December 09, 2014, 04:22:50 PM »
I had a pit/lab mix when I lived in FL. I used to go to the local dog park and noticed that all the scary looking pits there there had gangsta or wigger owners. I always carried a gun at the dog park because Florida. I made up my mind that if a pit is attacking, my second round is going into the owner.

AJ I like your thinking!!

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2014, 04:24:34 PM »
But facts are facts man, 66 deaths per year for pitbulls, 3 for labs they lead the fatality rate by 75%. You think that people are scared of these dogs just cuz?

It's common sense a animal that p4p is the most dangerous dog out there and the numbers prove that.

A 70lb lab is more then capable of killing me if it wanted to. But the numbers are not there.

The fact that a pit is more capable of being a killer is exactly my point. There for they are a extremely dangerous dog

Yah i agree with you for the most part. Lots of nice pits and pit owners though. Where i live, the pound and shelter is full of them, so for people like me who laugh at people paying for dogs, go there to adopt them. 99 percent are amazing dogs

Competitor 9

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2014, 04:34:22 PM »
Yah i agree with you for the most part. Lots of nice pits and pit owners though. Where i live, the pound and shelter is full of them, so for people like me who laugh at people paying for dogs, go there to adopt them. 99 percent are amazing dogs

I just picked up a dog from the pound 2 weeks and man it was terrible over 500 dogs and a lot of pits. Funny story I thought the dog I got might have been plott hound/ pit mixed.  The vet thinks it a boxer/plott mix

Thong Maniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2014, 04:38:25 PM »
I just picked up a dog from the pound 2 weeks and man it was terrible over 500 dogs and a lot of pits. Funny story I thought the dog I got might have been plott hound/ pit mixed.  The vet thinks it a boxer/plott mix

Nice man, fellow doggy dad here. Glad you saved its life. The pound is depressing but that one dog u got opened up a spot for another dog needing a home so a dog adopted saves 2 dogs, not 1.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
« Reply #58 on: December 09, 2014, 08:26:09 PM »
I have just spent 20 years volunteering at an animal shelter.  Over the years, we have had dozens of pits, and my conclusion is that they are wonderful dogs.   I would adopt one in a minute.

They are smart and very affectionate, they will jump in your lap and lick your face off with love.

The downside of them is that they are very strong, they have a wider bite than other dogs, and they are extremely loyal to their owners.  Hence if they sense their owner is slightly threatened, they'll intercede.  Dogs don't do very well distinguishing between friend and foe.

The meanest breed I have seen in all these years are Chows.   Those dogs can be real motherfuckers.

It breaks my heart when I see these gangsta kids with a pit and have a spike collar on it.  The kids are trying to act tough, think having a pit is going to make them look tough, and the pit is just happily sauntering along, waiting to be petted. And loved.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #59 on: December 09, 2014, 08:49:59 PM »
Ah, the obligatory " how safe are pitbulls" thread ...it always comes up every few months.

Dr.J

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2014, 12:02:22 AM »
Sweet dogs, really. .mine is a grey, she turned 4 today.
Mr. AZ 2003

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2014, 12:48:49 AM »
It's not that they're more likely to attack, it's the fact that when and if they do attack due to their make up they have a much more likely chance of causing great bodily harm and or death, not sure why that would even be a debatable topic as anyone with a ounce of common sense should be able to come to that conclusion. I'm a big animal advocate myself but don't allow my like for any certain breed or animal to make me delusional.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2014, 09:36:14 AM »
It's not that they're more likely to attack, it's the fact that when and if they do attack due to their make up they have a much more likely chance of causing great bodily harm and or death, not sure why that would even be a debatable topic as anyone with a ounce of common sense should be able to come to that conclusion. I'm a big animal advocate myself but don't allow my like for any certain breed or animal to make me delusional.
Racist!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2014, 12:29:48 PM »

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2015, 08:10:59 PM »
175 pound Pitbull named HULK... And still growing. lol. This thing is massive. They named it Hulk and Lou Ferrigno is trying to sue them for $20...

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2015, 11:07:47 PM »
175 pound Pitbull named HULK... And still growing. lol. This thing is massive. They named it Hulk and Lou Ferrigno is trying to sue them for $20...

How surprising, teen trash parents with a pitbull. How long until this dog bites the kid in half?

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2015, 01:18:37 AM »
I am after Blondie blood line (Argentinian), any Deutsche Gauchos here  ;).
Danke & muchos gracias for any informations.

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2015, 01:38:07 AM »
Can pitbulls be dangerous? Yes
Are they dangerous under normal conditions? No

Pitbulls by themselves are not dangerous, but can be dangerous. And do indeed possess some physical and genetic traits that make them more dangerous. But all things considered, it's up to the owner to keep their dog out of unwanted circumstances where they may lash out. Knowing full well that with a powerful dog such as a pitbull comes risks and responsibilities.

In the end, no dog is more dangerous than their owner allows them to be. If the owner knows the dog, has control over the dog, and knows how to handle the dog, there are no issues.

Pitbulls are not for everyone.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2015, 04:19:42 AM »
Tibetan Mastiff - 160 to 200 lbs.

THE BEEF

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2015, 04:22:52 AM »
It's funny pitbull owners 9 out of 10 are always Hebrews or Mexicans, if they are white its white trailer trash. Hmmmm

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2015, 04:24:32 AM »
How surprising, teen trash parents with a pitbull. How long until this dog bites the kid in half?

We can only wish

FermiDirac

• Getbig IV
  • That'll do pig, that'll do
« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2015, 07:27:32 AM »
It's funny pitbull owners 9 out of 10 are always Hebrews or Mexicans, if they are white its white trailer trash. Hmmmm

Indeed, it's funny you never see a white male in a suit with university education walking around with a pitbull.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2015, 08:08:41 AM »
Indeed, it's funny you never see a white male in a suit with university education walking around with a pitbull.
Yes, one does. If they happen to be walking one in their suit prior to work. Normally people don't wear suits or their dress from work while walking a dog. But, on rare occasions, you may see that.

devilsmile

• Getbig V
  • Hows life? Please, do tell.
« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2015, 08:16:57 AM »
pits are so over rated as a bad ass breed, just stop

caucasian shepherd ftw!

Palumboism

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: March 04, 2015, 09:27:57 AM »

That dog is 100% American Pit Bull Terrier and you will love it!

Some of the best books about the breed were written by Richard Stratton.