Author Topic: I tried it for a couple of months. I can't take it anymore.  (Read 10415 times)

TheShape.

• Getbig V
Re: I tried it for a couple of months. I can't take it anymore.
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2015, 05:30:58 PM »
Most likely drinking a protein shake that contains milk

Nonsense! It's Guinness extra stout.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2015, 05:39:29 PM »
Nonsense! It's Guinness extra stout.

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2015, 06:34:25 PM »
I don't understand the obsession of lifting heavy either. I like 10-15 rep range. I'd rather train for visible results rather than numbers.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2015, 09:42:51 PM »
I don't understand the obsession of lifting heavy either. I like 10-15 rep range. I'd rather train for visible results rather than numbers.

You can do both. Why look strong if you aren't? Remember In the original Pumping Iron when Franco was telling the story about how was confronted and was told "it's all show, weak muscle"? (Paraphrasing) and he called the guy out?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2015, 09:53:28 PM »

x2. Who really gives a shit about being "strong."

I train for 2 reasons:

1) To maintain my health, in order to prevent any diseases or disorder that comes as I age. I want to stay as fit as possible as I get older.
2) To look decent naked.

Both can be accomplished without lifting heavy weights. In my opinion, I can accomplish the above 2 reasons without going balls-to-the-wall heavy, so I can get "strong."  Plus, as long as you consistently train, youre going to be strong, compared to the average person. And as long as you can continue to make gains, and stay healthy and fit, no need to try and be "strong" in that sense. Unless youre a powerlifter or strongman, like chaos, who is an absolute beast, good looking, fit, smart, and strong. That is rare, most people are not all of those things combined. He is special.
X

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2015, 11:04:47 PM »
Post of a weak man. I'll take fat over weak any day.
What are your goals? Are you more interested in how your Physquie looks or do you consider yourself a powerlifter?? 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2015, 11:28:45 PM »
What are your goals? Are you more interested in how your Physquie looks or do you consider yourself a powerlifter?? 

It's possible to have both. You have to know how to train for it.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2015, 11:41:04 PM »
It's possible to have both. You have to know how to train for it.

Errr.. you keep saying it's possible after starting that you can't take it anymore, so you've regrouped yourself?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #83 on: May 03, 2015, 11:42:34 PM »
Errr.. you keep saying it's possible after starting that you can't take it anymore, so you've regrouped yourself?

Huh? You know there's more than one way to train don't you?

DanM

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2015, 12:05:20 AM »
People who down play strength are often times the ones who don't have it, training for strength requires very hard work which most aren't willing to do which is fine, but enough with the excuses and belittling, every man out there wants to be strong. If you could magically snap your fingers and increase your strength you would and you know it.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2015, 12:13:02 AM »
Huh? You know there's more than one way to train don't you?

There are def multiple ways to Rome, but you started about the mental part. Has this been solved or what?

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2015, 05:23:49 AM »
Everyone I've talked to who used to lift really heavy tell me one thing, lift lighter because your joints will be shot later on. I'm taking their advice on this one.

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2015, 06:00:52 AM »
Lots of jealousy over a happy, well built, successful, self-employed 50 year old tea party member man in this thread.

V Man

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2015, 08:38:38 AM »
You can do both. Why look strong if you aren't? Remember In the original Pumping Iron when Franco was telling the story about how was confronted and was told "it's all show, weak muscle"? (Paraphrasing) and he called the guy out?

I train with a guy that is obsessed with always lifting heavy and adding more and more weight. All that type of training has done for me is given me injuries. That's the biggest reason I avoid it. If I train heavy once in a while, it's for the goal of adding muscle, not an extra 50lbs on my bench.

"Why look strong if you aren't?" Well, that depends on how you define strong. Is there a magic number that you must be able to Bench or Squat that makes you strong? I'm not breaking world records but I'm strong enough for me  :)

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2015, 09:09:29 AM »
Training for strength and conditioning translates into other aspects for me - I can run faster, hit a golfball/softball further, and participate in various races/obstacle courses, etc.......

At least that's why I train that way over volume/bodybuilding styles.  Plus, I have shitty muscle bellies for BB anyway.
Y

SquidVicious

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2015, 10:27:47 AM »
Training for strength and conditioning translates into other aspects for me - I can run faster, hit a golfball/softball further, and participate in various races/obstacle courses, etc.......

At least that's why I train that way over volume/bodybuilding styles.  Plus, I have shitty muscle bellies for BB anyway.
Did you just say HIT A SOFTBALL further?  Outed.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2015, 11:02:24 AM »
I'll diet, bring my BF down but for God's sake how can you lift light and still call it training? Why not just join a women's body pump class. Rant over.

I hear ya and can relate.