Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 830166 times)

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #1200 on: December 18, 2007, 02:25:38 PM »
Load 'er up! We got an outlet in front so you are all good. Would not be a permanant move as the snow birds fly back north after winter and before it gets hot here. This week, 60's/40's with clear skys  ;D

krazee, yeah most are blue hairs but those are the true snowbirds!! I will admit the worst are ones with Saskatchewan plates if that means anything to you.

Ya the sasky drivers are used to 30 feet of snow, so anything less would be not normal driving conditions. LOL.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #1201 on: December 18, 2007, 02:28:26 PM »
Whew, I know what you mean, I had to shovel all this sunshine out of my driveway today!!   8)

Busy....brother that is offside...nice crib though.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1202 on: December 18, 2007, 03:58:10 PM »
Busy....brother that is offside...nice crib though.

NO WAY! Welcome to my winter  ;)

Actually had to wear pants today, but still with a short sleeve shirt. Sorry, you can brag when it is 115 degrees here in summer....

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1203 on: December 18, 2007, 08:07:04 PM »
So semi rough shoulder day today...front delts have been killing me for a wk or so. I've been pushing pretty hard on chest the past month or so, got 2 catch up with L2H...so front delts are just in agony. When I did chest this past Saturday, it was a bit of a struggle, and today for shoulders, presses were in the gutter...it just got to be too much...my first working set on the bar which I always do 10 or so, I had to stop at 5. So, just dropped the weight down and did a few light sets and made the brunt of the day doing laterals and all that mess.

Anyway, just kind of irritating sometimes...it's not an injury, just worn out a little.

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #1204 on: December 18, 2007, 08:25:59 PM »
So semi rough shoulder day today...front delts have been killing me for a wk or so. I've been pushing pretty hard on chest the past month or so, got 2 catch up with L2H...so front delts are just in agony. When I did chest this past Saturday, it was a bit of a struggle, and today for shoulders, presses were in the gutter...it just got to be too much...my first working set on the bar which I always do 10 or so, I had to stop at 5. So, just dropped the weight down and did a few light sets and made the brunt of the day doing laterals and all that mess.

Anyway, just kind of irritating sometimes...it's not an injury, just worn out a little.

Don't know if I missed this Arnie, but what do you weigh in at? Also do you have a on and off season?
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1205 on: December 18, 2007, 08:33:41 PM »
Don't know if I missed this Arnie, but what do you weigh in at? Also do you have a on and off season?
Yes, currently bulk city time, lol! Although, I'm really trying to stay much, much leaner then previous bulking phases...so far that seems to be paying of very nicely...I'm much stronger now at a lighter weight then I've ever been at higher weights, and I look a lot bigger at this lighter weight then I have previously at higher weights. Of course, I credit this to Dave more then anyone...his training and diet advice has been a huge blessing for me.

Weighed today, 212lbs...still 5'8" lol!..barely 5'8", lol! I'll prob go up in weight a little more, somewhere in the 5-10lb range...no more though. But this is a good thing. I've gotten caught up before in trying to get bigger bigger bigger and worried about the scale too much...this is never the right way to do things, and always makes you lose more weight then you should have had to.

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #1206 on: December 18, 2007, 08:41:29 PM »
Yes, currently bulk city time, lol! Although, I'm really trying to stay much, much leaner then previous bulking phases...so far that seems to be paying of very nicely...I'm much stronger now at a lighter weight then I've ever been at higher weights, and I look a lot bigger at this lighter weight then I have previously at higher weights. Of course, I credit this to Dave more then anyone...his training and diet advice has been a huge blessing for me.

Weighed today, 212lbs...still 5'8" lol!..barely 5'8", lol! I'll prob go up in weight a little more, somewhere in the 5-10lb range...no more though. But this is a good thing. I've gotten caught up before in trying to get bigger bigger bigger and worried about the scale too much...this is never the right way to do things, and always makes you lose more weight then you should have had to.

I'm guessing you compete, what weight class do you try to come in at? Don't mean to ask a bunch of questions, just curious.

As far as the weight thing totally agree, I was at 260lbs last winter and the only thing I found was it harder to breathe. This year I'm at 230-235 much less body fat, and feel just as strong. Plus the old optical illusion, slimer waist makes the top look better....it works everytime beyond a shadow of a doubt.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #1207 on: December 18, 2007, 08:53:31 PM »
Here is a little story I posted down in the ladies section (the 'Flashed' thread).  Thought you'd guys find a little humor in it, however, more importantly, I want to hear your naked stories including the one about a 16 year old running down the road butt ass naked in 15 degree weather.

All throughout high school and early college there were several of us who hung out.  The core group was Kenny, me, Kathy, Tim and Tim.  One of the Tims parents were throwbacks and also nudists.  They all had grown up with Tim (through grade school) and it was just common knowledge and no big deal.   I on the other hand, thought it very weird and really didn’t understand the whole concept.    :-\  We rarely if ever saw his parents because they were either working or “camping” for the weekend.  This made for the perfect party house.  They always had “stash” lying around too.   :P

One year, New Years Eve,  a bunch of us met over at Tim’s to carpool downtown (about 30 miles).  After the midnight champagne toast we decided to go to a party back in our neck of the woods.  After a slow drive back out to the boonies (it was snowing and we were no doubt drunk) and arriving at Tims so we could each get our cars, Kathy and I had to pee.  The boys told us to just wait until we got to the other party because Tim’s parents were having a party.  Kathy and I were like “so what”, we just need to pee.  They insisted we wait or go outside, like them.  Like hell!  We begged.  We pleaded.  We said WE KNOW your parents are having a party. SO WHAT.  Finally, Kenny spelt it out for us.     ::)   Fine, everyone in the house is naked.  So what.  At that point we didn’t care we just HAD TO PEE.  Imagine our surprise when his mother and father greeted us from the top of the stairs with nothing but a cocktail and party hat.  We were so shocked we couldn’t look up.  Kenny took my hand and Tim took Kathy’s while we kept our eyes covered and led us to the bathroom.  I could see fat, old, naked people everywhere!  Wouldn’t ya know it, there was a wait at the bathroom door!  Hoping to wait for an opening and escape the sobering shock we just witnessed, I barged into Tim’s bedroom only to find an orgy going on.   :o   Kathy and I grabbed each other and hightailed it out of the house and peed outside.  I don’t recall if we ever made it to the other party.

Years later, at a high school reunion, I brought this event up.  Funny how Kathy and I have vivid memories of the evening and the boys have no recollection at all.

:

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1208 on: December 18, 2007, 09:27:01 PM »
I'm guessing you compete, what weight class do you try to come in at? Don't mean to ask a bunch of questions, just curious.

As far as the weight thing totally agree, I was at 260lbs last winter and the only thing I found was it harder to breathe. This year I'm at 230-235 much less body fat, and feel just as strong. Plus the old optical illusion, slimer waist makes the top look better....it works everytime beyond a shadow of a doubt.

PM

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1209 on: December 18, 2007, 09:34:19 PM »

Damn it I better get cracking or your gonna blow by me.  Shit your gonna make me lift those heavy ass weights arent you AJ?  ;)  Actually i thank you cause the push will do me good!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1210 on: December 18, 2007, 10:21:50 PM »
Damn it I better get cracking or your gonna blow by me.  Shit your gonna make me lift those heavy ass weights arent you AJ?  ;)  Actually i thank you cause the push will do me good!
Bro I'm trying...it's really motivated me to hit my chest even harder, so however I finish with this little contest, it will have been worth while IMO. Hey, the chest is growing so that's all that really matters.

I'm going to train chest this Friday but will probably back off a little to let my shoulders have a little break...going to have an all hammer strength day and just get a decent pump and then I'm out.

After that, I'm going to take a few days off, about 4 or 5 days...I need the break, but I usually can't stay away any longer then 4-5 days. So by Wed or Thur after Christmas, back to full force...Rip is supposed to be down here then, so I am definitely looking forward to some major ass kicking training the last wk of Dec.

Hey Rip, if you read this, make sure you bring the big ass weights with you and a camera, so you can capture all the glory that is Arnold jr,  ;)

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1211 on: December 19, 2007, 08:19:31 AM »

Hey Rip, if you read this, make sure you bring the big ass weights with you and a camera, so you can capture all the glory that is Arnold jr,  ;)

And you are selling DVD copies for how much? Or going to youtube??? hhhmm...you can't tease us like that we need to see the glory brother!!  ;D

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #1212 on: December 19, 2007, 10:33:33 AM »
Bro I'm trying...it's really motivated me to hit my chest even harder, so however I finish with this little contest, it will have been worth while IMO. Hey, the chest is growing so that's all that really matters.

I'm going to train chest this Friday but will probably back off a little to let my shoulders have a little break...going to have an all hammer strength day and just get a decent pump and then I'm out.

After that, I'm going to take a few days off, about 4 or 5 days...I need the break, but I usually can't stay away any longer then 4-5 days. So by Wed or Thur after Christmas, back to full force...Rip is supposed to be down here then, so I am definitely looking forward to some major ass kicking training the last wk of Dec.

No worries, I'll bring the camera.   ;D

If we train on Weds or Thurs, it'll probably have to be a chest day for me, and it MAY be a bench shirt day for me.  I've been doing chest work alot lately, and I HAVE to get the shirt training in every week, it's my prioirty right now, so I'm gonna have to bring the shirt with me, most likely. 
Shirt workouts kinda suck for people who are trying to train with me, because it's alot of really short sets of just bench press with me bitching about the pain, but not a whole lot of exercises, and plenty of rest in between sets.  You and my husband may have to do your own thing in between my shirt torture sessions, while I am resting my arms on something above my heart, trying to regain some feeling in my fingers.    :P

:)

krazee

• Getbig III
« Reply #1213 on: December 19, 2007, 02:49:53 PM »
Just spot me BITCH!!!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1214 on: December 19, 2007, 04:37:25 PM »

If we train on Weds or Thurs, it'll probably have to be a chest day for me, and it MAY be a bench shirt day for me.  I've been doing chest work alot lately, and I HAVE to get the shirt training in every week, it's my prioirty right now, so I'm gonna have to bring the shirt with me, most likely. 
Shirt workouts kinda suck for people who are trying to train with me, because it's alot of really short sets of just bench press with me bitching about the pain, but not a whole lot of exercises, and plenty of rest in between sets.  You and my husband may have to do your own thing in between my shirt torture sessions, while I am resting my arms on something above my heart, trying to regain some feeling in my fingers.    :P

At least you can get a good safe spot....
That thing is too thight. But You may stand it for a short time for  maxs at comp.
But its making for a hard time gettin it down. BUy a cheap Inzer, thats biger is a option, they are as much as a sweatshirt, and do the job. When you go back to that straight-jacket, you'll know how to work it, and not have to stay in it long.

I thought I wasted 2 Bill$ when I first tried my metal viking,, I was wrong...
Did you cut it?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1215 on: December 19, 2007, 05:40:01 PM »

Sorry, but they don't allow people to use bench shirts in my gym.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #1216 on: December 19, 2007, 05:48:25 PM »
Sorry, but they don't allow people to use bench shirts in my gym.

Seriously? Why do they care?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1217 on: December 19, 2007, 05:53:41 PM »
No, not serious...they pretty much let you do anything you want...at least they let me do anything I want, lol! I still squat barefooted, can still grunt a little if needed...not allowed to train naked yet, but I'm working on it. They'll give in eventually!

Seriously, I think my gym is a pretty good gym...not too many gyms out there anymore that will actually let you lift, or let you drop a DB if you need to. The only qualm I have with that gym is the music they play...but that's why God invented iPods, lol!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1218 on: December 19, 2007, 05:56:43 PM »

Oh,, Lots of reasons.   Bare skin, PLers use chalk, they wear out equip, they scare off PPl.
She needs a decent spotter for this comp prep.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1219 on: December 19, 2007, 05:58:23 PM »
No, not serious...they pretty much let you do anything you want...at least they let me do anything I want, lol! I still squat barefooted, can still grunt a little if needed...not allowed to train naked yet, but I'm working on it. They'll give in eventually!

Seriously, I think my gym is a pretty good gym...not too many gyms out there anymore that will actually let you lift, or let you drop a DB if you need to. The only qualm I have with that gym is the music they play...but that's why God invented iPods, lol!

I thought you were for real,,, lots dont like any shirt changing on the floor even. Its out of hand.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #1220 on: December 19, 2007, 06:03:22 PM »
I thought you were for real,,, lots dont like any shirt changing on the floor even. Its out of hand.

Trust me, they do not care...there are several PL that train there...I was only F'n around...chalk is by all means welcome...and ripitupbaby is even more welcome then chalk ;D

Some of the best things about my gym...the owner doesn't live in this state, and could care less about what goes on there as long as he gets paid. Plus, all the people who run the place are friends of mine....which is nice since I haven't had to pay for membership in over a year...hey, I'll take the $40 a month.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1221 on: December 19, 2007, 06:08:45 PM »
Trust me, they do not care...there are several PL that train there...I was only F'n around...chalk is by all means welcome...and ripitupbaby is even more welcome then chalk ;D

Some of the best things about my gym...the owner doesn't live in this state, and could care less about what goes on there as long as he gets paid. Plus, all the people who run the place are friends of mine....which is nice since I haven't had to pay for membership in over a year...hey, I'll take the $40 a month.

That is a very good gym!!
When I visited Golds Venice in the 80's the desk guy would wave me in free... He must have felt sorry ;D 
SHit, it was like they were not even running a Biz.... Great place if you ever get to stop in.
It was back then anyway.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1222 on: December 19, 2007, 06:23:32 PM »
That is a very good gym!!
When I visited Golds Venice in the 80's the desk guy would wave me in free... He must have felt sorry ;D 
SHit, it was like they were not even running a Biz.... Great place if you ever get to stop in.
It was back then anyway.

$20+ for a day workout now!!! No membership, they rape you for the day.

Got to train for a week with Mike Mentzer there before he went looney and they did not charge me for the week as Mike vouched for me. That was mid '90's. But now, it is a tourist trap and they take advantage of it financially.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #1223 on: December 19, 2007, 06:29:05 PM »
$20+ for a day workout now!!! No membership, they rape you for the day.

Got to train for a week with Mike Mentzer there before he went looney and they did not charge me for the week as Mike vouched for me. That was mid '90's. But now, it is a tourist trap and they take advantage of it financially.

It was like a party... Like the guys at the desk didnt care...

Mike Metzer was a Fav of mine and my brother too.  Did he get weird?

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #1224 on: December 19, 2007, 06:34:10 PM »
It was like a party... Like the guys at the desk didnt care...

Mike Metzer was a Fav of mine and my brother too.  Did he get weird?

That was the '80's, one big party!  :)

Weird is an understatement. He lost it mentally shortly after I worked with him then when his brother died, he was not far behind.

Some friends that worked out there said toward the end of his life, he would show up at the gym a mess. Shirt had stains all over it, hair a mess, stunk. Some even saw him preaching on the street corners..so yeah, he lost it!