Author Topic: >* The New Locker Room *<  (Read 830078 times)

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
Re: *****The New Locker Room*****
« Reply #2650 on: December 31, 2008, 06:30:24 PM »
Well...last post of the year...Happy New Year!

luv it
TEAM Nasser

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2651 on: January 01, 2009, 11:29:49 AM »
How's everyone today? Anyone hungover? I'm not just fuckin' exhausted - workin' on about three hours of sleep.

On a side note: Had a glass of 17 year old Japanese Whiskey last night. I was little scared but it turned out to be excellent...in fact a little too smooth. Good thing I had to work today otherwise I might have finished the bottle & would probably be getting up right now.  :-\

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2652 on: January 01, 2009, 01:28:45 PM »
How's everyone today? Anyone hungover? I'm not just fuckin' exhausted - workin' on about three hours of sleep.

On a side note: Had a glass of 17 year old Japanese Whiskey last night. I was little scared but it turned out to be excellent...in fact a little too smooth. Good thing I had to work today otherwise I might have finished the bottle & would probably be getting up right now.  :-\

No drinking for me last night...didn't even go out. had to do some work on the computer last night and needed to be in the gym most of today so just a basic Wed night last night for me. I know...I live quite a life, lol!

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2653 on: January 02, 2009, 02:56:34 AM »
No drinking for me last night...didn't even go out. had to do some work on the computer last night and needed to be in the gym most of today so just a basic Wed night last night for me. I know...I live quite a life, lol!

Personally, I think that's a sign of maturity and that you are on your way to success.  You are focused on the right things in life.

You grow out of the other non-productive shit.  I'm not putting it down or those who do it.  IMO, it's OK every now and then, but I just got tired of it. 

I don't even drink anymore.  Even one drink makes me feel wierd while buzzed and like shit the next day.  I'm just that in tune with my body.

Then, once you have kids, you physically can't afford to go out and drink.  You think a hang over is bad?  Try taking care of a two year old while hung over.  Or, in my case, a four year old, a 18 month old and a 6 month old....and an active wife.  ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2654 on: January 02, 2009, 05:06:06 AM »
Personally, I think that's a sign of maturity and that you are on your way to success.  You are focused on the right things in life.

You grow out of the other non-productive shit.  I'm not putting it down or those who do it.  IMO, it's OK every now and then, but I just got tired of it. 

I don't even drink anymore.  Even one drink makes me feel wierd while buzzed and like shit the next day.  I'm just that in tune with my body.

Then, once you have kids, you physically can't afford to go out and drink.  You think a hang over is bad?  Try taking care of a two year old while hung over.  Or, in my case, a four year old, a 18 month old and a 6 month old....and an active wife.  ;D

Dang bro if you dont have a headache froim drinking you will after taking care of little kids.  At least with the drinking there is a period of fun LOL

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2655 on: January 02, 2009, 09:14:57 AM »

Nothing wrong with that. I personally would've rather stayed home I would've got a few more hours of sleep.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2656 on: January 02, 2009, 10:06:15 AM »

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #2657 on: January 02, 2009, 10:41:00 AM »
what is everyones Goals for "09" if you have set any yet...and in terms of bodybuilding/strenght/yada yada yada

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2658 on: January 02, 2009, 07:22:56 PM »
what is everyones Goals for "09" if you have set any yet...and in terms of bodybuilding/strenght/yada yada yada

In general, it's always the same.  To become better at everything I do in life.  I can't stand to plateau in any aspect of life.

However, it becomes much tougher to focus and devote the necessary time once you have kids.

In terms of new goals, I really need to sit down and commit to some...and write them down...but off the top of my head:

1.  I'd like to read the Bible, front to back.

2.  I want to be able to look back on my life and feel that I gave more than I received.  I'm not yet sure how I will accomplish that, but I plan to start devoting more focus to that goal. 

3.  I want to spend more time with my oldest son (4 yrs) and begin to teach him some of life's lessons.  We live in a wealthy area and it is very hard to raise a child here that understands that value of a dollar and is well grounded.  People here are disgustingly superficial and materialistic.

That's off the top of my head.  I need to devote more time and energy to a longer list...

io856

« Reply #2659 on: January 02, 2009, 07:26:09 PM »

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2660 on: January 03, 2009, 02:16:44 AM »
Heres a start:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=12769;sa=showPosts;start=3650

That's funny.  I used to read his posts for entertainment, but stopped when he went WAY overboard and lost his mind.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2661 on: January 03, 2009, 08:53:06 PM »
Well i was working in the new years eve, it sucked balls, but at least I'm getting a decent salary.

Yesterday i realized that it's been countless days since i've seen any sunlight. Because i live so far up north, the winters are long, cold and there's only few hours of daylight. It's just that i've been working long night shifts and even when i have time off, i've slept over that "daylight period." I really don't even care, i just realized it that's all.

It's funny that these days women seem to care a lot more about cash then how fit someone is for example. Off course this is all old news, but when i saw a female friend few days ago, whom i had not seen in awhile and she had gotten in shape, she's multiplied her attraction. I know it works the other way too, but when you really think about it, i think it's more important to us men. I mean i'd rather take a fit girl than some pig with a bankroll.

Well, it's morning and it's dark again and i'm going to sleep and when i wake up it's dark again/still hah hah...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

wes mantooth

• Getbig IV
  • Dorothy Mantooth is a saint!
« Reply #2662 on: January 03, 2009, 09:20:02 PM »

continue success with my business

re-read the constitution

finish my motorcycle projects

no goals that are any different as far as bodybuilding/ training goals......improve improve improve.....that never changes

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2663 on: January 04, 2009, 07:52:29 AM »
Well i was working in the new years eve, it sucked balls, but at least I'm getting a decent salary.

Yesterday i realized that it's been countless days since i've seen any sunlight. Because i live so far up north, the winters are long, cold and there's only few hours of daylight. It's just that i've been working long night shifts and even when i have time off, i've slept over that "daylight period." I really don't even care, i just realized it that's all.

It's funny that these days women seem to care a lot more about cash then how fit someone is for example. Off course this is all old news, but when i saw a female friend few days ago, whom i had not seen in awhile and she had gotten in shape, she's multiplied her attraction. I know it works the other way too, but when you really think about it, i think it's more important to us men. I mean i'd rather take a fit girl than some pig with a bankroll.

Well, it's morning and it's dark again and i'm going to sleep and when i wake up it's dark again/still hah hah...

Love the translation to English here  :)

I know what you mean about the dark, sometimes here in the winter we go long periods with no real sunshine.  Try and suck in the light when you can Luo, no sunlight can cause a vitamin D deficiency, so don't use sunglasses on the sunny winter days....if there are any LOL

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #2664 on: January 04, 2009, 03:41:37 PM »
True but they'll be back within a couple years (redesigned).

Shit they finally put the V-8 in the 2006.

I will get a V-6..........V8's burn too much fuel.

I'm a economical lifter.......protein in, protein out.   ;D

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2665 on: January 04, 2009, 06:43:30 PM »
I will get a V-6..........V8's burn too much fuel.

I'm a economical lifter.......protein in, protein out.   ;D

DIV

Come on you know you want a 300HP V-8.

I drove to Cleveland this summer & way there I drove 195 miles & used just a hair over 7 gallons of gas. Not too bad eh?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2666 on: January 04, 2009, 09:19:46 PM »
Start my first ever run with DC training tomorrow. Pretty excited about the change!

No, I will not be following the DC diet...there is no way I could do that and not end up as fat as all outside. But those 30 second negatives and widow maker sets are going to make for some ball bustin workouts...can't wait!

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #2667 on: January 04, 2009, 09:52:06 PM »

I'm great, thanks for asking Rim!  Wow 17years old Whiskey WOWOOWOW.  That sounds like fun, I would have liked to chill with you and have a glass as well.

jt
TEAM Nasser

strength

« Reply #2668 on: January 05, 2009, 07:14:05 AM »
Start my first ever run with DC training tomorrow. Pretty excited about the change!

No, I will not be following the DC diet...there is no way I could do that and not end up as fat as all outside. But those 30 second negatives and widow maker sets are going to make for some ball bustin workouts...can't wait!

let me know how it goes.

I did my first run with max-ot a couple weeks ago.  Set PR's in every lift, but after 9 weeks of it I was dead. 
I am researching DC training before i start that chapter

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2669 on: January 05, 2009, 09:17:57 AM »
I'm great, thanks for asking Rim!  Wow 17years old Whiskey WOWOOWOW.  That sounds like fun, I would have liked to chill with you and have a glass as well.

jt

If you ever make your way to Mich let me know. I've always got good Scotch/Whiskey on hand & a humidor that's always got some good cigars in it.

iron_dawg

• Getbig III
« Reply #2670 on: January 05, 2009, 09:48:56 AM »
let me know how it goes.

I did my first run with max-ot a couple weeks ago.  Set PR's in every lift, but after 9 weeks of it I was dead. 
I have done max-OT before and you need to take a 1 week break after 8-10 weeks

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2671 on: January 05, 2009, 10:06:59 AM »
let me know how it goes.

First DC day done. Did upper body this morning, chest, shoulders, tri's, back width and back thickness.

Pretty tough workout, the 30 second negatives are insane! I couldn't make thirty second on the bench or military, 20 seconds I gave out on both. As tough as the negative is, the stretch at the end of each exercise is just as tough...very important part of the whole process.

Hardest part about today was no doubt the dead lifts. For the deads you don't do any type of negative  but a widow maker set. You do one set that will have you reaching failure at 6-8 reps, you then rest for 5 minutes and do another set this time dropping the weight down around 30% and completing 20-30 reps straight. I went lighter then I should have on these but even so 30 reps of deads is brutal on any weight.

Anyway, tomorrow is quads, hams, calves, bi's and forearms...can't wait!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2672 on: January 05, 2009, 10:29:04 AM »
Something else...and you guys are going to hate this.

I now get paid to workout. Yes that's right, I workout for money! Now that's living the dream, lol!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #2673 on: January 05, 2009, 11:00:34 AM »
Something else...and you guys are going to hate this.

I now get paid to workout. Yes that's right, I workout for money! Now that's living the dream, lol!

Explain this one to me bro.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #2674 on: January 05, 2009, 11:02:04 AM »
Explain this one to me bro.

I'm just that Champion. I didn't realize anything else needed to be said 8)