Author Topic: WPO and Kidder fcuked the lifters at the Arnold  (Read 2979 times)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
WPO and Kidder fcuked the lifters at the Arnold
« on: April 07, 2007, 04:34:14 AM »
Kieran Kidder, president of the WPO, fcuked the lifters up real good at the WPO meet at the Arnold it seems.

Apparently, out of nowhere, some lifters were told to pay guest lifting fees. $3000. THREE FCUKING THOUSAND DOLLARS.

Some lifters refused, and Kidder still haven't paid all the prize money for the meet.

Consequences?

Westside Barbell and many other lifters previously lifting in the WPO has stated that they want nothing to do with Kidder or his antics in the future.

My guess is that Kidder will be persona non grata in powerlifting.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

nasht5

• Getbig IV
  • 903 squat 457bench 735 dead - "RAW" (belt & wraps)
Re: WPO and Kidder fcuked the lifters at the Arnold
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 07:10:41 AM »
Did you read where KK said because he didn't get the ladies 3grand is the reason he couldn't pay out more than 9grand in prize money! No wonder no one gets paid in the wpo, their president can't do math!

sept 10th APF

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 08:16:47 AM »
Did you read where KK said because he didn't get the ladies 3grand is the reason he couldn't pay out more than 9grand in prize money! No wonder no one gets paid in the wpo, their president can't do math!

Yeah. That was beyond fcuked up. He sent a letter to a East European female lifter, threatening her.

He's clearly a man without any cojones.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 10:10:51 PM »
Yeah, I've been following that situation on a couple of different boards.  If you ask me, its's a bit ridiculous. 

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
  • Bigger Stronger Fatter then you!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 01:44:20 PM »
USAPL was just given the Arnold's powerlifitng show.I'm not gonna bash the USAPL but after reading some of there rules and by-laws seems a bit low key for what people will be expecting there. Def gonna be a bit different from the usual contest there.

KK and Sweeney say they are gonna have the WPO Super Finals in Columbus next year the same weekend as the Arnold. It is in the new WPO newsletter, just read it.

And yeah Westside is out of all WPO and National APF meets for now.

Wolfy!!!!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 06:44:24 AM »
USAPL was just given the Arnold's powerlifitng show.I'm not gonna bash the USAPL but after reading some of there rules and by-laws seems a bit low key for what people will be expecting there. Def gonna be a bit different from the usual contest there.

KK and Sweeney say they are gonna have the WPO Super Finals in Columbus next year the same weekend as the Arnold. It is in the new WPO newsletter, just read it.

And yeah Westside is out of all WPO and National APF meets for now.

Wolfy!!!!

You should watch Wade Hooper squat sometime Wolfe. That's real lifting IMHO.

Caleb Williams too:

Compare that to this:

Not even close to below parallell. Or this:

I'm sure the IPF/USAPL will be able to put on a good show.

Would be good to see Westside now doing USPF and in a few years some of the Westsiders deciding to go USAPL/IPF.

I tell you what, Westside has definitely had a big influence on training around the world, chains and bands are common all over these days.

USAPL/IPF are going to cut back on the ply in a year or so, the ply in the shirts will have to be more stretchy, a good thing IMO. Will bring the weights down, and shirts won't have as much impact hopefully.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2007, 06:10:34 AM »
I know Wade is AWESOME Hands down one of the best out there. He could out squat my fatass any day :)

All I was saying is people that are use to having the KickAss show with the loud Music, Lights, Smoke, Hot Card Girls and all the stuff that will probably be unpleasantly surprised when the walk in and there is nothing other then some guys/girls lifting weights.

I myself just hope that the USAPL keeps the show ROCK'N!!!!

bigbadwolfe

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 06:25:26 AM »
Ok after Watching the vids and comparing Yeah the USAPL guys did go a bit deeper which is all well and good. But now let me ask you this, which show would you rather had been at? The one where there was no one hoopn and hollern with no loud music no one jacked up by the power in the atmosphere or the one where everyone was into the show screaming and yelling hoopn and hollern and the music was screaming at ya to push that damn weight?

Like I said I take nothing what so ever away from Raw, Single ply, Multi ply, Drugfree, Juicers, or whatevers. I myself do this becasue I love the sport and I love the ROUGH atmosphere that the guys I train with bring. Are all our lifts perfect? Not always but I guarantee you no matter what level or federation there will always be lifts that are not good that get passed.

The sport is constantly changing and hopefully with all of this up in the air it comes together for the best. But only time will tell.

Wolfy!!! 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2007, 06:44:05 AM »
The problem with the USAPL is that they demand you not to break parrallel but break it by inches.THATS NOT POWERLIFTING.The rule says break.Ive seen the great Passanella squat,he just breaks,in the USPF they demand you to just break.Only the USAPL/IPF demand you break by some indiscrinant amount.Thats as bad as letting high squats go.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 07:08:25 AM »
The problem with the USAPL is that they demand you not to break parrallel but break it by inches.THATS NOT POWERLIFTING.The rule says break.Ive seen the great Passanella squat,he just breaks,in the USPF they demand you to just break.Only the USAPL/IPF demand you break by some indiscrinant amount.Thats as bad as letting high squats go.

I have to disagree, at least about the IPF part. Can't say anything about USAPL though. But IPF ref'ing isn't too strict here in Scandinavia these days. Looked good at the IPF Benchpress Worlds.

Some lifts may get passed that shouldn't, but a judge should always give a white if he/she isn't sure. Not the other way around.

But if USPF has good judging, then that's great.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise