Author Topic: Blue Stars and DOMS.  (Read 120182 times)

Surfboard 1717

Re: Where are my Blue Stars?!!?
« Reply #425 on: April 24, 2017, 02:56:17 PM »
Why not come to my gym and have a workout and try my biceps-supinator? No charge. Email me first because

I am not at the gym often.  Send me a message for my email address or contact me through my gym.

"YOUR" gym  ::) ::) ::)

Surfboard 1717

Re: Blue Stars and DOMS.
« Reply #426 on: April 24, 2017, 03:01:05 PM »
Mr. Basile,

Have you ever thought about starting a business where you take people on long walks along Manly beach?

I need a boyfriend

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #427 on: April 24, 2017, 04:17:52 PM »
Teutonic Knight is back. I thought your sorry ass was banned? Too bad we sold our Penthouse at Queenscliff Beach.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #428 on: April 24, 2017, 09:02:15 PM »
I will discuss sets and reps later.

Arthur Jones was convinced 'intensity' was the major factor in getting bigger and stronger. I believe he was mistaken which is a shame.

For example, weight lifters get stronger without getting bigger. What does getting stronger mean? If you can do 10 reps with 225 in the

bench press but never lift more weight than that amount then several months later you could do 15 reps with the same weight are you

stronger? No doubt you would be able to do more for a single. But if you never attempted anything over 225 would you be stronger?

There is a correlation between how much weight you can lift and how big your muscles are. There is a direct relationship between the size of your muscles and the tensile strength (force of contraction). Jones and Mentzer were right that the bigger the muscle the stronger the muscle all else being equal. This does not necessarily translate into moving more weight. There factors other than muscle size and strength responsible for moving heavy objects. Skill, technique and CNS efficiency are some.
You often can bench more simple by benching better. The opposite applies as well. Try not benching for six months. Do only Hammer instead. Even if you progress in the Hammer press. You are able to press more weight than when you first started you will find that when you go back to the bench you will bench less. Does this mean you got weaker. You lost muscle by doing other pec movements instead of bench. No, you just got "out of practice" in benching and got better on the Hammer press.

But, make no mistake, if you want to be a competition size bber, you will be moving some pretty heavy weight. And I consider full squats with 315 for 10 as pretty heavy.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #429 on: April 25, 2017, 12:35:18 AM »
is the solution here for vince to provide some evidence

rather than postulating and casting aspersions

on everyone that doesnt agree with him

or perhaps he can post a link to all these published articles here done

i for one cant find any
T

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #430 on: April 25, 2017, 12:49:02 AM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #431 on: April 25, 2017, 12:56:59 AM »

Page 18

xxxoooxoxoox

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #432 on: April 25, 2017, 02:12:28 AM »
For Pellius: Mike Mentzer on recovery ability and balanced diet.

Surfboard 1717

« Reply #433 on: April 25, 2017, 02:37:38 AM »
Teutonic Knight is back. I thought your sorry ass was banned? Too bad we sold our Penthouse at Queenscliff Beach.

:D & he is in pro-am surfing & mountain biking + beach shacking in 1717 & Collaroy ............

"Sorry  :'(" about another gym relocation & your life near that noisy military airport ...............

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #434 on: April 25, 2017, 04:38:01 AM »
There is a correlation between how much weight you can lift and how big your muscles are. There is a direct relationship between the size of your muscles and the tensile strength (force of contraction). Jones and Mentzer were right that the bigger the muscle the stronger the muscle all else being equal. This does not necessarily translate into moving more weight. There factors other than muscle size and strength responsible for moving heavy objects. Skill, technique and CNS efficiency are some.
You often can bench more simple by benching better. The opposite applies as well. Try not benching for six months. Do only Hammer instead. Even if you progress in the Hammer press. You are able to press more weight than when you first started you will find that when you go back to the bench you will bench less. Does this mean you got weaker. You lost muscle by doing other pec movements instead of bench. No, you just got "out of practice" in benching and got better on the Hammer press.

But, make no mistake, if you want to be a competition size bber, you will be moving some pretty heavy weight. And I consider full squats with 315 for 10 as pretty heavy.

you can get stronger without getting bigger

and you can get bigger while getting weaker, I did this myself while doing my gay ass bb training of constant tension reps with pussy ass weights

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #435 on: April 25, 2017, 05:00:19 AM »
Very true, I've experienced fast strength increases, the body can adapt very quickly but it doesn't mean size automatically comes with it.

and you can get bigger while getting weaker, I did this myself while doing my gay ass bb training of constant tension reps with pussy ass weights

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #436 on: April 25, 2017, 10:08:27 AM »

just trained bench after 3 days days btw bench workouts with yesterday completely off and I lost 15 fucking kg on my stickingppoint lockouts and I couldn'teven do 1 fuckng rep with the same weight I pause pressed for 4 clean strong reps jjust 3 god damn days ago

so now I gotta put 5 or 6 days btw bench workouts. ... FUCK! !!!!

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #437 on: April 25, 2017, 10:17:58 AM »

What about this Pellius:

In the bodybuilding and fitness community and even in some academic books skeletal muscle hypertrophy is described as being in one of two types: Sarcoplasmic or myofibrillar. According to this hypothesis, during sarcoplasmic hypertrophy, the volume of sarcoplasmic fluid in the muscle cell increases with no accompanying increase in muscular strength, whereas during myofibrillar hypertrophy, actin and myosin contractile proteins increase in number and add to muscular strength as well as a small increase in the size of the muscle. Sarcoplasmic hypertrophy is greater in the muscles of bodybuilders while myofibrillar hypertrophy is more dominant in Olympic weightlifters.[26] These two forms of adaptations rarely occur completely independently of one another; one can experience a large increase in fluid with a slight increase in proteins, a large increase in proteins with a small increase in fluid, or a relatively balanced combination of the two.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muscle_hypertrophy

Sokolsky

• Getbig IV
  • Sensory receptors succumb
« Reply #438 on: April 25, 2017, 10:26:35 AM »
just trained bench after 3 days days btw bench workouts with yesterday completely off and I lost 15 fucking kg on my stickingppoint lockouts and I couldn'teven do 1 fuckng rep with the same weight I pause pressed for 4 clean strong reps jjust 3 god damn days ago

How's that world record bench coming along, stud?  :-* ::)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #439 on: April 25, 2017, 10:38:25 AM »

T

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #440 on: April 25, 2017, 10:52:37 AM »
you must be a cock sucking homo fatturdmac

seeing as you got such an obsession with that pic

very very creepy Mr. Wierdo

it would be great fun for me to make you cry in the ring

I wouldn't knock ya out quick with head shots coz I'd much rather humiliate you by making ya cry from my vicious hard rights to that fat ass body of yours

PAP! PAP! PAP!

your tears would be flowing PUSSY

Textbook Joon!   :D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #441 on: April 25, 2017, 12:25:33 PM »
Textbook Joon!   :D

but I ain't that fat brown Pakistan turd

I AM the GERMANS AMERICAN ATHLETIC SENSATION DJ

wanna chat via Skype for the proof cheif?

you ain't on my list for giving a hard knocking too so we all good

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #442 on: April 25, 2017, 12:29:42 PM »

Not helping your cause.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #443 on: April 25, 2017, 12:49:25 PM »

T

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #444 on: April 25, 2017, 12:52:53 PM »
Not helping your cause.

whys that?

You can clearly hear my  AMERICAN accent

and my I'll flex my awesome WHITE pecs and tris for ya

PRIME WHITE GERMAN AMERICAN AM I

p.s. I am greatly offended to be called a lower Asian race,  I'm from the top WHITE Race THE GERMAN ONE  8)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #445 on: April 25, 2017, 12:53:21 PM »
"GERMANS AMERICAN ATHLETIC SENSATION"

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #446 on: April 25, 2017, 12:58:58 PM »
whys that?

You can clearly hear my  AMERICAN accent

and my I'll flex my awesome WHITE pecs and tris for ya

PRIME WHITE GERMAN AMERICAN AM I

p.s. I am greatly offended to be called a lower Asian race,  I'm from the top WHITE Race THE GERMAN ONE  8)
T

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #447 on: April 25, 2017, 07:08:07 PM »
you must be a cock sucking homo fatturdmac

seeing as you got such an obsession with that pic

very very creepy Mr. Wierdo

it would be great fun for me to make you cry in the ring

I wouldn't knock ya out quick with head shots coz I'd much rather humiliate you by making ya cry from my vicious hard rights to that fat ass body of yours

PAP! PAP! PAP!

your tears would be flowing PUSSY

Yes, cyberbullying isn't nice to witness. Happens all the time on Getbig....almost always by anonymous entities who remain that way for their health and financial safety.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #448 on: April 25, 2017, 07:37:27 PM »

Simple Simon

« Reply #449 on: April 25, 2017, 10:07:03 PM »

pure joon...