Author Topic: Lee Haney - the greatest Mr. O of all time!  (Read 33445 times)

Figo

• Getbig V
Re: Another Lee Haney Thread. The greatest Mr. O of all time
« Reply #125 on: March 16, 2013, 12:11:47 AM »
I like Lebrada. Perfect proportions, excellent conditioning, masterful posing but 180lbs is unacceptable. I'm not saying getting bigger would have helped him because he's a short guy but he did the best he could with what he was given with great results but it was not enough to beat a 5'11 245lb ebony mountain of muscle...with symmetry.

Haney was king, but in 89 Labrada was Mr olympia, IMO

1990 was upside down because of testing, Haney was smaller and off, Ray was on, and Labrada not as good as 89, but better than Haney. The Mr O 1990 should've been 1 Ray 2 Labrada 3 Haney but there was a better chance of Nasser winning a back comparison vs Yates & Ronnie, than that happenning.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2013, 12:13:14 AM »
Ronnie 8 Mr. O's -----------2 Losses as Mr. O
Dorian 6 Mr. O's ----------- 0 Losses as Mr. O
Haney 8 Mr. O's ----------- 0 Losses as Mr. O ------------Haney = Best Mr. O.

Yes, but they all lost actual Mr Olympia contests, so the best Mr O is Larry Scott

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2013, 12:31:54 AM »
Haney was king, but in 89 Labrada was Mr olympia, IMO

1990 was upside down because of testing, Haney was smaller and off, Ray was on, and Labrada not as good as 89, but better than Haney. The Mr O 1990 should've been 1 Ray 2 Labrada 3 Haney but there was a better chance of Nasser winning a back comparison vs Yates & Ronnie, than that happenning.

actually it happened 8) ;D

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2013, 12:39:09 AM »
actually it happened 8) ;D

That's like one of those pics where for a split second Boyer Coe had abs "ah, you missed it". The photographer had very high shutter speed, and was 3 miles away from stage with a zoom lens. Add the lights, shadows, and you have a phenomenon that's akin to special effects!

One thing is for sure though, Nasser looks huge there, dwarfing everyone (from that angle)

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2013, 12:42:40 AM »
discussion over

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2013, 04:44:36 AM »
discussion over

Ronnie looked like this from 92 till 96, maybe slightly bigger, everyone thought he was maxed out, that's it, run of the mill, low tier bber, brought up the end of the pack at the olympia, 16th placer....,then, he found new drugs and started mega dosing

What's to say that an already seasoned, but still young Haney couldn't have stepped up compounds and dosages , pulling a Ronnie ? Haney was far from burned out or "done" ...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2013, 05:38:19 AM »
Again, you assume that Haney couldn't have made the same jump in size that Yates did. I don't remember Haney hinting about doing another Olympia. I think he specifically stated he was calling it a day. What else was there for him?

The last milestone was Arnold's record. He broke it and went out in style.

This has nothing to do with what Haney said , he said he just learned how to peak the day of the contest and he hinted that he would be back for number 9 I tried looking on Youtube for his speech and didn't find it. You do the math why he didn't return in 1992

You assume that a jump in size for Haney would matter , it wouldn't. Dorian in 1991 weighed 239lbs at the Olympia , Haney was 249lbs in 1991 and Dorian beat him in the muscularity round despite being lighter

Haney according to him in his book already competed at 257lbs in Italy in 1989 and admittedly was off because he was to heavy , you're assuming that he could come in heavier and maintain his conditioning that says otherwise and we know Dorian could come in razor sharp at 257lbs +

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2013, 05:40:54 AM »
Shawn was VERY good in 1992 and came in 4th right behind Labrada. Both at there best are
very close.
Labrada's structure is better. For his frame he has wider clavicles and his torso to leg length
is better proportioned than Ray's.
Shawn had more bulbous muscle than Labrada and more happened (POP) to his muscles
when he hit a pose. His clavicles weren't as wide, his torso was a little long for his leg length.
I agree Shawn at his best edges out Labrada and I agree that Shawn at his best
would not win against a 1991 Haney.
I agree with you but probably think it would be closer than you do.

Lee Labrada is better than Shawn , Lee beat Haney in a round. How close did Shawn come to Haney?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2013, 07:05:07 AM »
Lee Haney 1991 Mr Olympia

Well Lee are you going to retire now? You know something I've been competing now for 9 years and I finally learned how to peak. So I might be around for a few more years.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjY0NTIwMzY=.html starts about the 79:15 minute mark.

So at that point he didn't retire , you'd be a fool to think him retiring wasn't the result of Dorian Yates and the fact he had more to lose than to gain.

Haney retired in the best shape of his life , went out on top and good for him. sadly we don't see guys like that anymore , they are forced out due to injury and torn muscles.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2013, 07:07:46 AM »
Ronnie 8 Mr. O's -----------2 Losses as Mr. O
Dorian 6 Mr. O's ----------- 0 Losses as Mr. O
Haney 8 Mr. O's ----------- 0 Losses as Mr. O ------------Haney = Best Mr. O.

but you forget that Ronnie competed to a far more advanced age than either, hence the losses.

hell, when Haney won his eigth he was younger than ronnie was when he won his first right?

says it all right there.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2013, 07:09:18 AM »
Lee Labrada is better than Shawn , Lee beat Haney in a round. How close did Shawn come to Haney?

his back width hurt him, but I would still argue that Shawn as he was in 1994 could come close
Flower Boy Ran Away

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
WAS LEE HANEY REALLY BETTER THAN ARNOLD?
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2013, 10:23:16 AM »
I REMEMBER YEARS BACK IN MUSCLE AND FITNESS THERE WAS A SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON OF THE TWO ASKING " WHO IS BETTER " I ALWAYS THOUGHT ARNIE, AND NOT BEING BIASSED BUT I THOUGHT HE WAS BIGGER, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK AND CAN ANYONE FIND THAT PIC?
i

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
Re: WAS LEE HANEY REALLY BETTER THAN ARNOLD?
« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2013, 10:23:42 AM »
yes

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2013, 10:25:52 AM »
yes
WHY? AND MANI MISS THE OLD DAYS,SO MUCH BETTER ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THOSE WEIDER PRODUCTS ( WEIDER " CUTS " AND MEGA MASS 2000 ) .
i

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2013, 10:26:15 AM »
Yes

Arnold would never be able to defeat this.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2013, 10:28:43 AM »
For his physique, Arnold is way overrated. He's the Mr 'O with the worst proportions.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2013, 10:34:14 AM »
WHY? AND MANI MISS THE OLD DAYS,SO MUCH BETTER ESPECIALLY WITH ALL THOSE WEIDER PRODUCTS ( WEIDER " CUTS " AND MEGA MASS 2000 ) .
Haney was more complete ..........(he had everything Arnold had/and those things that Arnold didn't have)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2013, 10:38:33 AM »
Haney is better than Coleman also. Haney can pose, has calves, has a real 6 or 8 pack, never lost as Mr. O (Ronnie lost once to Gunther and twice to Jay), Haney never had a gut, never looked like shit except when they all had to go natural. Haney is the best and most complete Mr. O ever. Better than Michilin man Heath also.

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2013, 10:43:16 AM »
Haney is better than Coleman also. Haney can pose, has calves, has a real 6 or 8 pack, never lost as Mr. O (Ronnie lost once to Gunther and twice to Jay), Haney never had a gut, never looked like shit except when they all had to go natural. Haney is the best and most complete Mr. O ever. Better than Michilin man Heath also.
he had small arms tho.
i

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2013, 10:56:54 AM »
he had small arms tho.
You gotta/had to see Haney in person tho! (and im not one to be easily impressed by bodybuilders...he had that "Awesome-ness" thing going on!)  oh yea...... no homo

BRO

• Getbig III
« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2013, 11:09:49 AM »
Yes

Arnold would never be able to defeat this.

Why wouldnt he, if you gave him the same cycles, protocols, etc. . .

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2013, 11:10:56 AM »
Haney was more complete ..........(he had everything Arnold had/and those things that Arnold didn't have)
he had a gap in his teeth , that could never really get over  :D :D :D :D
i

SquatsRule

• Getbig IV
  • I am "teh sexy"
« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2013, 11:32:10 AM »
Arnold had him on arms and they were about even on chest, but Haney takes him on back and legs.
S

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »
You gotta/had to see Haney in person tho! (and im not one to be easily impressed by bodybuilders...he had that "Awesome-ness" thing going on!)  oh yea...... no homo

Big Mike, you got a recent biceps shot for us?

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2013, 11:39:34 AM »
I REMEMBER YEARS BACK IN MUSCLE AND FITNESS THERE WAS A SIDE BY SIDE COMPARISON OF THE TWO ASKING " WHO IS BETTER " I ALWAYS THOUGHT ARNIE, AND NOT BEING BIASSED BUT I THOUGHT HE WAS BIGGER, WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK AND CAN ANYONE FIND THAT PIC?
in my humble opinion.......lee had a much better back.......they are even in the chest area.......obviously arnie has lee in the arms dept.......lee had better traps and shoulders.......lee had a smaller waist......both gents were fine posers......lee had better quads and hams......arnie obviously had lee in the calf dept..........very close......maybe too close to call.