Author Topic: Mr. O 1972 Videos- Arnold v. Sergio  (Read 4158 times)

big man

• Getbig III
Re: Mr. O 1972 Videos- Arnold v. Sergio
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2009, 06:00:28 AM »
guy on the left. Truly a tough comparison though.

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2009, 07:53:35 PM »
Sergio was the Ronnie Coleman of that era.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2009, 04:04:54 AM »
From what I've read about Sergio he doesn't like to discuss his bodybuilding days, not even to his son. In fact, he left FLEX writer Shawn Perine high and dry when he tried to do a story on the Myth for the August 2003 issue only to improvise the article and call it Searching for Sergio.

nukkaready

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2009, 06:07:01 AM »
Sergio is the perfect example of a bodybuilder with immense physical genetics combined with a low IQ

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2009, 06:19:09 AM »
From what I've read about Sergio he doesn't like to discuss his bodybuilding days, not even to his son. In fact, he left FLEX writer Shawn Perine high and dry when he tried to do a story on the Myth for the August 2003 issue only to improvise the article and call it Searching for Sergio.

I've never heard of this but thanks for telling it. I'm not questioning you at all I'm just saying that story is new to me. Even though leaving Shawn Perine high and dry is a douche move, you have to admit sergio got screwed over a lot in his bodybuilding career, and he put more time and effort in it than most did. Him working 12 hours at a factory and then working out for a couple of hours and then going to a class at night to learn english, while Joe Weider payed for Arnold's rent, etc.

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2009, 12:45:26 PM »
the backround curtain or wall favors arnolds coloring over serges also,the wall is almost the same color as serges skin tone where arnold skin tone stands out alot better with the backround coloring,and when you have a competition thats that close something like the backround can mean the difference between 1st and 2nd place imo.it makes serge appear smoother then he really was imo and made arnold stand out better and look harder,overall i think arnold edged him out barely though.im wondering if anyone on getbig(oldtimers) was at that show in germany to give thier honest opinion of who should have won that show between the myth and the oak

Arnold actually recommended that spot for the prejudging. they didnt' know where to hold it and Arnold suggested that room. he later admitted he picked it because he knew Sergio would blend in and he would stand out.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2009, 12:47:01 PM »
A lot of Schwarzenegger's claims in terms of contest strategy are in fact revisionist history that was said after the fact. Hard to prove or disprove but sounds good to those who are willing to believe it without question, as many are to this day.

Sergio is the perfect example of a bodybuilder with immense physical genetics combined with a low IQ

Someone with low IQ would make that assumption without really knowing, based on his accent, etc.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2009, 01:05:04 PM »
What song is that?

Breaking Benjamin, So Cold.