Author Topic: Royal Rumble 2011 results...wow....  (Read 12713 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Royal Rumble 2011 results...wow....
« on: January 31, 2011, 04:40:34 AM »
Here it is folks...

Edge defeated Dolph Zigler to retain world title

Miz defeated Orton to retain WWE title after C.M.Punk interfered.

The diva's title match turned into a fatal 4-way with Eve winning the title.

Albert Del Rio (of all people) won the royal rumble.....

Booker T made a surprise entrance as did KEVIN NASH!! Booker T is in the middle of negotiations with the WWE but not quite ironed out yet. Nash will take a backstage role capacity. Ray Mysterio was said to have injured his otator cuff. Wow....

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Royal Rumble 2011 results...wow....
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 04:48:12 AM »

Booker T made a surprise entrance as did KEVIN NASH!! Booker T is in the middle of negotiations with the WWE but not quite ironed out yet. Nash will take a backstage role capacity.

It's obvious they read our board.
 ;)

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 04:50:44 AM »

It's obvious they read our board.
 ;)
Maybe we should conjure up some hardcore storylines then.  ;D At least they will attract viewers.

No HHH at the rumble? What are they waiting for? Hmmmmmm

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 05:07:19 AM »
Here it is folks...

Edge defeated Dolph Zigler to retain world title

Miz defeated Orton to retain WWE title after C.M.Punk interfered.

The diva's title match turned into a fatal 4-way with Eve winning the title.

Booker T made a surprise entrance as did KEVIN NASH!! Booker T is in the middle of negotiations with the WWE but not quite ironed out yet. Nash will take a backstage role capacity. Ray Mysterio was said to have injured his otator cuff. Wow....

Not only did Nash return, he's back as DIESEL (apparently, if he has a contract, there's plenty of Grecian Formula in the deal, as his hair is jet black again).

And, of course, the winner of the 2011 Royal Rumble.........

ALLLLLLLLLLBERTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DEL RIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2011, 05:20:27 AM »
A lot of smarks dump on him, but I like Kevin Nash.
I think his understanding of the business grew by leaps & bounds since his VERY green earliest days.

With his "advanced" age, he's probably wiser, hopefully more mature, and if he's not in an on-air role, I suspect his ego will be in a lot better check - as opposed to when he was given the WWF belt in the 90's.
And, aside from the jaded & bitter, it sounds as if most guys like and respect Nash; at least, as of the most recent years.

For these reasons, I believe that Nash will be a good person for this role.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 05:30:01 AM »
I think his understanding of the business grew by leaps & bounds since his VERY green earliest days.

With his "advanced" age, he's probably wiser, hopefully more mature, and if he's not in an on-air role, I suspect his ego will be in a lot better check - as opposed to when he was given the WWF belt in the 90's.
And, aside from the jaded & bitter, it sounds as if most guys like and respect Nash; at least, as of the most recent years.

Nash & Vince always got along very well. I think he'd be a good road agent backstage.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2011, 05:32:07 AM »

Did you hear the chants from the fans? "DIESEL, DIESEL, DIESEL!!!" Boy, the fans were happy to have him back. I wish he'd thrown out a few more bodies in the Rumble. Actually, I wanted to see him and Kane lock up.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2011, 07:49:23 AM »
Did you hear the chants from the fans? "DIESEL, DIESEL, DIESEL!!!" Boy, the fans were happy to have him back. I wish he'd thrown out a few more bodies in the Rumble. Actually, I wanted to see him and Kane lock up.

No, I didn't see it.
Was Nash actually IN the Rumble?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2011, 07:55:39 AM »

No, I didn't see it.
Was Nash actually IN the Rumble?

Yep!! Big D drew number 32!

The crowd went nuts. I forget exactly who he threw out. But, shortly afterwards chants of "Let's go DIESEL!!" thundered through the arena.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 08:09:37 AM »
Yep!! Big D drew number 32!

The crowd went nuts. I forget exactly who he threw out. But, shortly afterwards chants of "Let's go DIESEL!!" thundered through the arena.

Then he's not gonna spend ALL of his time hidden backstage.
 ;)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 08:10:07 AM »
Do you recall what music he came out to?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 08:42:10 AM »
Do you recall what music he came out to?

A remix of his "Diesel Blues" music from the mid-90s.

See for yourself:

As I said, Big Daddy Cool must have a healthy supply of Grecian formula in his contract.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 10:40:09 AM »
Some more RR 2011 notes:

The biggest pops went to Booker T. It was huge, almost as big as Cena. CM Punk was huge over with the crowd and there were several loud CM Punk chants.

Kevin Nash’s entrance got a nice pop but not as big as Booker T or Cena .

The Miz got a nice pop for his win . Even Dolph Ziggler got over many fans as chants started for him vs. Edge, but Edge fans won out by a wide margin.

After Nash was eliminated the ref ran up to him, based on what he did, to wait for Big Show.

Alex Riley seemed to be eliminated in error. Cena and Kofi looked at each other. It look like he slipped. Once he was gone, Charles Robinson and one other ref conferred. So one ran to the back. He came back three minutes later right to Miz, who removed his headphones and was told by two refs what he was to do, almost as panic set in.

Fans loved the whole Punk- Daniel Bryan being able to fight alone and kick around each other thing. Adding in William Regal was great. There were several “ROH” chants for them.

Both Booker and Nash got nice chants after being thrown out. There was also a “Thank you Diesel” chant. Nash raised the fist to acknowledge the chant. Booker also slapped high fives to fans as he left.

Punk getting eliminated was a shock to most and Cena was even bigger. As it got down to final 5, the ref kept looking under the ring to tell Santino when to come out. A lot of fans not happy Hornswoggle was in the ring so long.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 11:20:12 AM »
That explains it. Normally, when someone gets thrown out by a guy who isn't even in the Rumble or who already got eliminated, the refs don't count it. (i.e. Vader throwing out Shawn Michaels and everyone else, except Owen Hart, in 1996, enraged after Michaels tipped both him and Yokozuna over the top rope).

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 11:52:31 AM »
They are grasping at straws right now. As it stands, WWE is at a point were they are rolling the dice and praying for 7's.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2011, 12:35:20 PM »
I always love the Rumble. Always thought it was a great angle thatt the winner goes on the Headline Wrestlemania. Now here's the question? Why did Del Rio win? Why him of all people? Hows this gonna promote Wrestlemania?

He's one of the most "over" heels in WWE. Why not give him the shot, especially on Smackdown with Edge being a face? I actually picked either Del Rio or Wade Barrett. But, Barrett is still establishing himself on Smackdown with this Corre thing. If he were still on RAW and leading Nexus, I think he definitely should have had the win at the Rumble.

But, nonetheless, I like the move. After all, it was his destiny and now it has come to pass. The winner of the 2011 Royal Rumble.......

ALLLLLLLLLLBERTOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOO DEL RIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011, 06:15:06 PM »
If it wasn't for the returns of Booker and Diesel, the Rumble would have been poor for me.  I can't stand it when they allow teams to take over the ring, like Punk and Nexus did last night, just throwing out anyone that comes down (They did the same last year with the Straight Edge Society).  And then having Cena and Hornswoggle doing it?  It made me chuckle, but it's not the way I'd prefer the match to go, and it went on too far.

They also never got to that traditional 'chaotic' point where there's 15-20 guys all in the ring, people getting flung out all over and the commentators struggling to keep up.

It was good to see Booker, although I was never much of a fan in his last run as King Booker.  Diesel could be an interesting addition to the roster, but only on a limited basis.  I don't see why they don't hire more part-timers, just to offer them some variety for storylines.  Right now, they could have people like Batista, Jericho, RVD on part-time contracts.  Put Taker, HHH and now Diesel on the same thing going forward, and you've always got someone who can give a guaranteed crowd reaction, while building the younger talents.

Timmy had Barrett or Punk winning it. Who's Taker defending the streak against this year?

I had Barrett as well, but I'd guess he's being kept for the rumoured match with Taker at WM.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 05:10:55 AM »
Alberto Del Rio is defiantely getting a serious push. He has his chance now and its make or break. He'll either go on at WM and put on a phenomenal show and get sick crowd reactions or he'll disappear into the mid-low card status and float off into oblivion. He is a good wrestler with a great persona. Lets see what happens....

Anyone watch Raw last night? There was a teaser...

02 11 11 (or something like that)

Save us? Looks like Jericho possibly returning?

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 06:53:14 AM »
Taken off the net....

The video displayed a mysterious figure in a long black trench coat walking in a dark, rainy setting. The video concluded with “2 21 11″ being flashed in fiery text. Many fans speculated that it’s Sting but that is NOT confirmed by any means. They are really promoting this big though. For what it’s worth, we still don’t know the status of Sting but it’s been widely speculated that he’s returning to TNA Wrestling. We’ll have more on this tomorrow for sure. You can click here to view a photo of the “2 21 11″ graphic that aired this week on RAW.

Leads me to believe its the Undertaker...

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 06:54:23 AM »
Timmy had Barrett or Punk winning it. More so Punk. I definitely thought it was gonna be one of those two though. Del Rio was a suprise to me because I figured he and Rey were a lock match at Mania. We'll see what happens? Who's Taker defending the streak against this year?

Del Rio and Mysterio have pretty much burned out their feud, with Del Rio getting the better of it.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 06:59:28 AM »

In all it definitely wasn't one of the best I've ever seen. PPV's come and go. The Rumble is one of the historic ones. VKM must really see some kinda bright future with this Del Rio. No hate. I really wouldn't have given him the win. Even Barrett would have been a pre-mature RR winner. Should have been Punk. The importance of this match and all it's winners. How does Albert Del Rio fit into it? All the best to him. Punk is one of the Federations best guys. He should have been the 11 Royal Rumble winner and gone on to headline on the Big Stage.

I wouldn't have picked Punk. The Rumble (and the WrestleMania title shot) has more meaning when a guy who's never had a World title (in WWE) get the win.

Del Rio fits the bill, as would Barrett had he won it. A fifth world title for Punk would have been anti-climatic. Plus, it's time for a Rumble winner to deliver the goods. Undertaker was the last one to win gold at the Big Dance. The last three (Cena, Orton, Edge) have all flopped.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2011, 07:20:05 AM »
Taken off the net....

The video displayed a mysterious figure in a long black trench coat walking in a dark, rainy setting. The video concluded with “2 21 11″ being flashed in fiery text. Many fans speculated that it’s Sting but that is NOT confirmed by any means. They are really promoting this big though. For what it’s worth, we still don’t know the status of Sting but it’s been widely speculated that he’s returning to TNA Wrestling. We’ll have more on this tomorrow for sure. You can click here to view a photo of the “2 21 11″ graphic that aired this week on RAW.

Leads me to believe its the Undertaker...

Taker makes the most sense, but it's also the most predictable.
It'd be more interesting, IMO, if they had the mystery man come down to the ring - completely cloaked - and it turned out to be someone like Y2J.
Then, have Taker appear shortly thereafter and start a feud with the imposter.

And, there's your big Undertaker Mania match, folks!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2011, 08:13:29 AM »

It'd be more interesting, IMO, if they had the mystery man come down to the ring - completely cloaked - and it turned out to be someone like Y2J.

Been there; done that!!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2011, 08:15:28 AM »
The way that it is today is title reigns mean nothing. Timmy knew Punk was champ before but couldn't remember it being four times? Doesn't matter if it's ten times. Punk pretty much is the total package and can have a believable fued with anyone. Albert Del Rio fit well with Rey with the whole Mexican angle. How much longer until we see people start smashing up Del Rios car and beating up his announcer? I think he's good but seriously one dimentional. Gonna be interesting where this goes?

CM Punk: World Heavyweight Champion (3); ECW World Champion (1).

I still count the ECW title reigns, even though ECW has been put on ice.....for now.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2011, 08:31:20 AM »

Been there; done that!!

^^ That's not Jericho!