Author Topic: Royal Rumble 2011 results...wow....  (Read 12712 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Royal Rumble 2011 results...wow....
« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2011, 08:48:52 AM »
Underfaker was played by one of the Harris brothers.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2011, 09:05:25 AM »

^^ That's not Jericho!

You said an imposter, mimicking the Undertaker. We've had that back in 1994.

I thought the imitation Undertaker was Brian Lee (who'd later become Chainz from DOA).

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2011, 09:24:04 AM »
You said an imposter, mimicking the Undertaker. We've had that back in 1994.

Again...I wrote: AN IMPOSTER WHO TURNS OUT TO BE JERICHO.
I did not write: A COUNTERFEIT UNDERTAKER WRESTLING THE ENTIRE PROGRAM AS THE/AN UNDERTAKER as in the clip you posted.

The two examples are entirely different contexts.

The Mania match I propose would consist of Taker vs. Jericho, who is one of the few remaining top talents who has not worked with Taker at Mania, and - IMO - is worthy of a "Taker's Last WM Match."

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2011, 09:32:52 AM »

I did not write: A COUNTERFEIT UNDERTAKER WRESTLING THE ENTIRE PROGRAM AS THE/AN UNDERTAKER as in the clip you posted.

The Mania match I propose would consist of Taker vs. Jericho, who is one of the few remaining top talents who has not worked with Taker at Mania, and - IMO - is worthy of a "Taker's Last WM Match."

Lol...wow....anyhow....

I could see a good Jericho vs Taker match. I think it would be a good program starting at the Elimination Chamber PPV if he chooses to come back. Is the Undertaker even ready to compete at WM in a one on one solo high profile match is the bigger question.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2011, 09:36:10 AM »

You're close.
Try Harris "cousin."
Lee is supposedly a real life cousin of the HB's.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2011, 09:39:13 AM »

You're close.
Try Harris "cousin."
Lee is supposedly a real life cousin of the HB's.

I knew it was something along those lines. Brian Lee and Undertaker are real life buddies.

On a side note....Sting has not yet signed with TNA. Now all sources indicate that he will. You don't think that he was the Shadow figure in the 02 21 11 titontron promo do you? Can you imagine Sting finishing his career in the WWE with a big WM match? In the end, money talks. Who knows....

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 09:41:07 AM »
I knew it was something along those lines. Brian Lee and Undertaker are real life buddies.

On a side note....Sting has not yet signed with TNA. Now all sources indicate that he will. You don't think that he was the Shadow figure in the 02 21 11 titontron promo do you? Can you imagine Sting finishing his career in the WWE with a big WM match? In the end, money talks. Who knows....

Oh, I don't care what Borden's said in the past.
If the money's right, anything's possible.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 09:45:55 AM »

Oh, I don't care what Borden's said in the past.
If the money's right, anything's possible.
Absolutely. I can also see an Undertaker vs Sting match...now that would be something. Almost a dream match of sorts. It will be very interesting seeing what happens later on this month at the Elimination Chamber PPV.

Another stupid move by Vince. He goes and puts the Elimination PPV which is the most gruelling and hardest on the body with major risks of injuring his stars one month before WM which is the biggest show of them all. Make sense? About as much as a "Dusty Finish". :)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 11:47:35 AM »

But, how is 'Taker going to return? As this is the fourth time he's been "buried alive", the temptation is going to have him fight Kane first (not at WrestleMania; a third 'Taker-Kane match would be preposterous). If Jericho were to interfere in such a match, that might work to set it up.

But, at this point, the only way you can sell an Undertaker match is with someone with a legitimate shot to end the streak. I don't know if you can do that with Chris Jericho, especially after such a hiatus.

And, is he coming back to Smackdown, where he's been for nearly 9 years, or do you move him to Raw?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2011, 12:21:50 PM »
But, how is 'Taker going to return? As this is the fourth time he's been "buried alive", the temptation is going to have him fight Kane first (not at WrestleMania; a third 'Taker-Kane match would be preposterous). If Jericho were to interfere in such a match, that might work to set it up.

But, at this point, the only way you can sell an Undertaker match is with someone with a legitimate shot to end the streak. I don't know if you can do that with Chris Jericho, especially after such a hiatus.

And, is he coming back to Smackdown, where he's been for nearly 9 years, or do you move him to Raw?

I know what you mean.
Virtually everything has been done with him.
How do you come up with something different and interestting?
Maybe Vince should hire some of The Simpson’s writers.

As for Jericho, it’s no secret I’m a Y2J mark.
I consider CJ one of those guys who can have a good to great match with just about anyone.
Does that make him an appropriate opponent for Taker?
I don’t know.

In comparison to what they currently have to work with, Jericho may be the best option by default.

My belief: This is #20...and likely the last hurrah.
The occasion is certainly deserving of a very special opponent for Callaway, and IMO, that fact points to the Fed bringing in someone from outside of their current regular roster.

Be it Sting…
Be it Nash…
Be it Y2J…
Maybe even Goldberg for a “streak vs. streak” match.

Imagine that buildup:
Goldberg comes out and shoots a promo with something along the lines of:
“Yeah, you won 19 WrestleMania matches in a row. That’s one match per year. You call that a streak? I won 114 (or whatever it was) g-d-m matches in a ROW! THAT’S A STREAK! You‘re a fraud!”

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2011, 12:38:02 PM »
Well, there has been talk of him being in a 3 way or even a 4 way match to take the stress off his body and thus keep the streak alive because if his injuries. There is talk thathis body just physically cannot do it this year. So lets not all get our hopes up. He's had a hip replacement, a torn biceps, 2nd degree burned on the EC PPV last year febuary and now a bad shoulder injury. This all in the last two years. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2011, 12:51:21 PM »
BRACE YOURSELVES....

TNA sources have indicated that Sting did not sign a new contract for 2011, and many in the company have discussed that he may be heading to WWE.

This morning, the New York Daily news reported that Sting had signed a one-year deal with WWE. That is NOT confirmed though.

Story developing…. more shortly.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2011, 01:00:32 PM »
BRACE YOURSELVES....

TNA sources have indicated that Sting did not sign a new contract for 2011, and many in the company have discussed that he may be heading to WWE.

This morning, the New York Daily news reported that Sting had signed a one-year deal with WWE. That is NOT confirmed though.

Story developing…. more shortly.

Wow.....money talks and bs walks, as they say......still surprised.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2011, 01:11:29 PM »

I know what you mean.
Virtually everything has been done with him.
How do you come up with something different and interestting?
Maybe Vince should hire some of The Simpson’s writers.

As for Jericho, it’s no secret I’m a Y2J mark.
I consider CJ one of those guys who can have a good to great match with just about anyone.
Does that make him an appropriate opponent for Taker?
I don’t know.

In comparison to what they currently have to work with, Jericho may be the best option by default.

My belief: This is #20...and likely the last hurrah.
The occasion is certainly deserving of a very special opponent for Callaway, and IMO, that fact points to the Fed bringing in someone from outside of their current regular roster.

Be it Sting…
Be it Nash…
Be it Y2J…
Maybe even Goldberg for a “streak vs. streak” match.

Imagine that buildup:
Goldberg comes out and shoots a promo with something along the lines of:
“Yeah, you won 19 WrestleMania matches in a row. That’s one match per year. You call that a streak? I won 114 (or whatever it was) g-d-m matches in a ROW! THAT’S A STREAK! You‘re a fraud!”

Most of Goldberg's streak was against jobbers and mid-carders. The Deadman's WrestleMania streak is mainly against big-time names in the business.

Sting? that would be interesting. But, we don't know if he'll ever be in WWE.

Nash? Been there; done that at WrestleMania 12.  I don't want to see 'Taker fight another opponent he's already beaten at WrestleMania (Kane twice and Michaels twice is enough).

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2011, 01:22:34 PM »
Most of Goldberg's streak was against jobbers and mid-carders. The Deadman's WrestleMania streak is mainly against big-time names in the business.

Yeah, it's just a thought.
Goldberg is no worse than past Mania opponents like Bundy or Bossman.
(I think it's pretty evident the years they really hadn't much for Taker to do.)

This should not be one of those years.

Like Playboy mentioned above, a lot will depend on Taker's physcial condition.
I hope the recent time off has helped him a good bit.
And, I hope he's been doing about 12 IU's of good hGH per day - try to further fascilitate healing up some of those injuries.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2011, 02:04:06 PM »
"the streak" for Taker is a double-edged sword at this point....it's all fine and well that he hasn't lost, but is there any wrestler, anywhere right now that anybody would think would actually pin him at WM?  For me, it's impossible to get sucked into believing that it might be the year he loses, so no matter who they find, you KNOW the end result. 

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2011, 05:04:19 PM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2011, 05:52:41 PM »
I don't like to brag ;D but:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=346298.0

Shit, you called that one.
You should go buy a lottery ticket!

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2011, 06:29:19 PM »
Thanks. That said I don't know if Del Rio is the one who will reverse the WWE's downward spiral. Not sure if you follow financial stuff, but, the WWE's latest earnings report was less than stellar, and, as a result, the stock price took a hit.

The current WWE product does fairly well as a television soap opera, but, it's not getting people to live shows, or to spend money on ppvs.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2011, 07:55:06 PM »
Thanks. That said I don't know if Del Rio is the one who will reverse the WWE's downward spiral. Not sure if you follow financial stuff, but, the WWE's latest earnings report was less than stellar, and, as a result, the stock price took a hit.

The current WWE product does fairly well as a television soap opera, but, it's not getting people to live shows, or to spend money on ppvs.

I was unaware of the most recent earnings, but the figures don’t surprise me.
Also, that’s a very astute observation to sum up the show: good on TV, but dwindling gates - in some ways reminiscent of the early 90’s.

I wouldn’t (nor, do I think it‘s fair to) expect Del Rio to turn things around,
With the state they're in, it will take much more than one character to single-handedly fix everything.
I think that something along the lines of an overhaul of the entire product is more in order for that.

I honestly thought that once Linda’s senate campaign was over, that they’d drastically shift gears.
I don’t think I’ve ever been more off in a prediction.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2011, 09:06:59 PM »
I just assumed when I saw that trailer, that it was 'Taker?  It never occurred to me that it could be someone else!  Sting could be interesting, but are they both in good enough condition to have an impressive WM match?  I know Taker always brings his A-game to the big one, but he's looked very rusty in his appearances in the past 6 months or so.

Who could actually have a chance of taking the streak?  No one brought in from outside the company, that would be daft.  HHH maybe?  I know they've gone there already, but he's one of the few who might make the story believable?  Or Austin, but that ain't happening!   ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2011, 04:31:01 AM »
Wow.....money talks and bs walks, as they say......still surprised.
Here's more...

According to sources within World Wrestling Entertainment, organization officials’ top priority heading into 2011 was signing multi-time champion Steve Borden (a/k/a Sting) to a contract.

Borden has not agreed to a new deal contract with TNA Wrestling. Internally, the majority feeling within the Nashville based organization is that he is bound for World Wrestling Entertainment.

As noted earlier, the New York Daily news reported today that Sting had signed a one-year deal with WWE. That is NOT confirmed though.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2011, 06:25:14 PM »
You guys seem like you have your heads on for wrestling but cmon now Sting vs UT at WM?

Logic here folks.....UT is not losing any WM matches and Sting is not going to sign a contract to lose in his first match to UT....aint happening.

Rumors keep popping up that Barrett will face UT which I really hope doesn't happen. We all know there will be a squash match. At least last year's WM some of us at least thought for a minute that perhaps Michaels would win.

As for alot of the other things, DelRio, Punk etc....lets face it.....WWE "A" talent is weak....Cena, Orton on Raw and Edge, kane and Mysterio on Smackdown....

Lets go back 10 yrs ago......

Austin, Rock, Angle, Jericho, HHH, and a few others.....one guy goes down no biggie...

Fast forward now, they're scramblinbg....

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: February 07, 2011, 07:20:39 AM »
You guys seem like you have your heads on for wrestling but cmon now Sting vs UT at WM?

Logic here folks.....UT is not losing any WM matches and Sting is not going to sign a contract to lose in his first match to UT....aint happening.

Rumors keep popping up that Barrett will face UT which I really hope doesn't happen. We all know there will be a squash match. At least last year's WM some of us at least thought for a minute that perhaps Michaels would win.

As for alot of the other things, DelRio, Punk etc....lets face it.....WWE "A" talent is weak....Cena, Orton on Raw and Edge, kane and Mysterio on Smackdown....

Lets go back 10 yrs ago......

Austin, Rock, Angle, Jericho, HHH, and a few others.....one guy goes down no biggie...

Fast forward now, they're scramblinbg....
No one said this would happen but it doesn't eliminate the possiblilty. Who else is the UT supposed to wrestle??? Lets face it, there is really no one left. Cena maybe? But in the end, ita ll about ratings and selling tickets. Sting would sign if the money was right.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #49 on: February 07, 2011, 05:23:42 PM »
The two best parts of the RR was when Punk hit R Truth in the corner with the knee and then yelled "Whatsss uppp?" to the crowd.  God, I hate that bullshit from R Truth.

Second one was unlike past RRs it didn't consist of the new man running down to the ring then all the others in the ring just hanging back while the new guy  hit "his spots" on all of them.  The Undertaker was the worst at this.    Next would Randy Orton having to RKO everyone in the ring that year.

Alberto Del Rio is going to work out to be a great heel.  He has the perfect mix up of Eddie Guerro + Rick The Model Martels' gimmicks.