Author Topic: Vince has officially given up on the pretense of steroid testing.  (Read 17592 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Vince has officially given up on the pretense of steroid testing.
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2011, 06:07:11 AM »
Lol...I remember him saying this also in his dvd. I cannot see Jake training in a gym unless he is there to use a flat bench to chop his rails.

LOL!!!

Plus, you can't judge solely by appearance.

Exactly.
Shane Helms & JYD also used.
Not everyone who uses AAS does so for the same reason, nor do they develop the same, elite-level, contest-ready physiques.

Big show & Great Kahli used to have good builds believe it or not. I remember when BIg Show was "The Giant" in WCW. He was actually streamlined in his waist and more on the muscular side. Same with Kahli. I guess they figured why use it if they don't need the stuff. There size makes up for it. Some guys just don't know when to put the needle down and that is when you suffer health problems. You cannot take steroids / HGH forever.

Big Show plumped up a lot after he settled into the Fed.
IIRC, Jim Ross got all over him to trim down and shipped his ass to OVW.
That was when JR was VP of Talent.

Vader was built like a powerlifter, so I don't think I would call him "not-so-muscular", he just doesn't fit the carbon copy have to have visible abs of the current roster.

Vader: "When you've got a nice, expensive car, you keep it in a good garage."

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2011, 06:09:20 AM »
Vader was unbelievable for his size. Moonsaults off the top rope, Vader bombs....just incredible.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2011, 06:11:02 AM »
Vader was unbelievable for his size. Moonsaults off the top rope, Vader bombs....just incredible.

He was.  Perfect monster heel.  Funny that Orndorff beat him down IRL while wearing a pair of flip-flops and with basically one arm..... ;D

As a performer, I always liked Vader.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2011, 06:15:10 AM »
He was.  Perfect monster heel.  Funny that Orndorff beat him down IRL while wearing a pair of flip-flops and with basically one arm..... ;D

As a performer, I always liked Vader.
Just goes to show you that size means nothing. From what I was told, Vader got beat down pretty bad and everyone in the locker room was happy about it because many felt Vader was too stiff in the ring and would hurt people.

I enjoyed Vader as a performer as well and his WCW matches with Sting were legendary.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2011, 06:26:46 AM »

I don't even think Vader worked that way to be a dick.
When you listen to him speak (non-kayfabe), he often sounds like a good, innocent person who just loved wrestling and the hard Japanese style.
I don't think he ever did it to take liberties or anything.

Of course, I could be completely wrong; for all anybody truly knows, maybe he got a wood over throwing potatoes. :-\

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 06:33:38 AM »

I don't even think Vader worked that way to be a dick.
When you listen to him speak (non-kayfabe), he often sounds like a good, innocent person who just loved wrestling and the hard Japanese style.
I don't think he ever did it to take liberties or anything.

Of course, I could be completely wrong; for all anybody truly knows, maybe he got a wood over throwing potatoes. :-\

Vader was monstrous, until they put him against Kane. Then, Kane beat him like he stole something. Next thing you know, Vader is jobbing to Mark Henry (In Your House: Fully Loaded 1998).

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 06:38:55 AM »
Vader was monstrous, until they put him against Kane. Then, Kane beat him like he stole something. Next thing you know, Vader is jobbing to Mark Henry (In Your House: Fully Loaded 1998).
He cracked him over the head with a monkey wrench. I remember that PPV.

peroni

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 08:22:26 AM »

Now that is a natural physique. No doubt in my mind.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 02:14:27 PM »
Now that is a natural physique. No doubt in my mind.

According to Cena, when we peons see someone do something exceptional athletically, we just assume they're on steroids, and, of course, there's no chance of any of us knowing some of the telltale signs of a steroid user.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 08:02:19 AM »
HBK, Angle & even Helms were among the ones who werent overly big but still used. It obviously has its benefits and the ones that are on are easy to spot - people the size of Lesnar circa 2002-2003 arent raised on dairy products and red meat like were all lead to believe. Marcus Bagwell always looked good but he blew up in the late 90's. LOD & POP were freakishly big for any generation to be compared to.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2011, 08:16:01 AM »
seems like i remember Bob Holly blowing up overnight when he became Hardcore Holly

joseywaleshhh

• Getbig II
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2011, 09:54:22 AM »
Andrew "Test" Martin wanted to come back to WWE and I believe was in talks with them, when an article or something surfaced. In it he was advocating the use of steroids. The deal broke down and he was on TNA a couple weeks later and dead a few weeks after that.

I think the general consensus was that the testing was for some people and not others. Triple H and Cena never lost size. Just a few token suspension here and there for mid-carders. Give the belt to CM Punk the "clean" champ.

Obviously an overreaction to the Benoit incident.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2011, 10:39:48 AM »
Andrew "Test" Martin wanted to come back to WWE and I believe was in talks with them, when an article or something surfaced. In it he was advocating the use of steroids. The deal broke down and he was on TNA a couple weeks later and dead a few weeks after that.

I think the general consensus was that the testing was for some people and not others. Triple H and Cena never lost size. Just a few token suspension here and there for mid-carders. Give the belt to CM Punk the "clean" champ.

HHH has been up and down for a while. He looked amazing from 00-04. Then he got relatively speaking a little chubby and he's fluctuated ever since.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2011, 04:54:31 PM »

Ummmm.....apparently you forgot how big Helmsley was in 2002 (check his match with Hogan for the undisputed title).

Again, every one is simply talking about steroids. The bigger problems are narcotics and painkillers. And, if you don't believe WWE was serious about that, I give you again RVD, who had to drop both the WWE and ECW titles in two days, after popping positive.           

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2011, 04:56:11 PM »
seems like i remember Bob Holly blowing up overnight when he became Hardcore Holly

He didn't blow up overnight. You could see him gradually getting bigger from '97 and '98 (particularly when he was part of the "new" Midnight Express).

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2011, 05:48:14 PM »
Most guys come into the fed jakked as they will do anything to appear larger then life. After they settle in and hit the A Game, there is no need to have the jakked physique. People want to hear you on the mike and also wrestle.....

You also have to remember there is no test for GH and Insulin which is why people like Cena are able to get away.....and do you think Vince will truly suspend the "A" players like Batista when he was there???

Also is they have scripts from Dr's...case closed...

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2011, 06:06:52 PM »
He didn't blow up overnight. You could see him gradually getting bigger from '97 and '98 (particularly when he was part of the "new" Midnight Express).
It's hard to grow period when you are in your 30's and on the road 300 days a year gradual or not without some type of assistance.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2011, 06:10:51 PM »
Holly added a substantial amount of size in a disproportional amount of time.
Figuratively speaking, "overnight" is an appropriate term to describe his gains.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2011, 06:21:42 PM »
Agreed

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2011, 08:30:13 PM »
Agreed

Holly wasn't exactly a twig in his "Spark Plug" or "Bodacious Bob" days

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2011, 08:46:49 PM »
Holly wasn't exactly a twig in his "Spark Plug" or "Bodacious Bob" days
That's true but he went from looking like an average guy on the roster to one of the best built guys in the company in a matter of months.

joseywaleshhh

• Getbig II
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2011, 08:56:16 PM »
Ummmm.....apparently you forgot how big Helmsley was in 2002 (check his match with Hogan for the undisputed title).

I'm not talking about nine years ago, I'm talking about the steroid paranoia after the Benoit shit went down.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2011, 06:24:44 AM »
I'm not talking about nine years ago, I'm talking about the steroid paranoia after the Benoit shit went down.

You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you're getting at is: Triple H's size immediately prior to the Benoit incident was relatively similar to his size following it.

joseywaleshhh

• Getbig II
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2011, 08:29:06 AM »
You can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what you're getting at is: Triple H's size immediately prior to the Benoit incident was relatively similar to his size following it.

Exactly, the top guys stayed the same. where as mentioned earlier Chris Master (and others) shrunk quite a bit.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2011, 08:58:37 AM »
Exactly, the top guys stayed the same. where as mentioned earlier Chris Master (and others) shrunk quite a bit.

Yeah, I knew what you meant.

From day one, I suspected the Wellness Policy to be more of a “convenience policy.”
It would be an easy “reason” for management to conveniently get rid of someone with whom they might otherwise have a more difficult time:
Wrestler “X” is being an uncooperative dick, and/or we suspect he'll act up and cause some kind of problems down the road.
We can’t lawfully fire him for that, so lets use the real results of his piss test to “can” him.

Of course, it was also used as an "acknowledgement" to the Benoit incident.
Vince had to do something publicly in response to that.