Author Topic: Wrestlemania card - WEAK!!  (Read 19572 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Wrestlemania card - WEAK!!
« on: March 04, 2011, 03:05:49 PM »
Not impressed at all.......For the "Superbowl of wrestling this is weak!!

Will the Rock cost Cena the match and perahsp set up a match??

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the following matches are planned for WrestleMania XXVII.

Announced Matches

The Undertaker vs. Triple H

WWE Championship Match
WWE Champion The Miz vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole (with Jack Swagger)

TBA Matches

John Morrison, Kelly Kelly and Trish Stratus vs. Dolph Ziggler, Layla and Michelle McCool

Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel and Wade Barrett vs. Big Show, Christian, Kane and Kofi Kingston

Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio

WWE United States Championship Match
WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan (with Gail Kim) vs. Sheamus (with Brie and Nikki Bella)

A yet to be determined Divas match

Finally, a Money in the Bank Ladder Match is not scheduled for the event.

ckanyon99

• Getbig II
Re: Wrestlemania card - WEAK!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 07:33:44 PM »
Not impressed at all.......For the "Superbowl of wrestling this is weak!!

Will the Rock cost Cena the match and perahsp set up a match??

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, the following matches are planned for WrestleMania XXVII.

Announced Matches

The Undertaker vs. Triple H

WWE Championship Match
WWE Champion The Miz vs. John Cena

World Heavyweight Championship Match
Edge vs. Alberto Del Rio

Randy Orton vs. CM Punk

Jerry Lawler vs. Michael Cole (with Jack Swagger)

TBA Matches

John Morrison, Kelly Kelly and Trish Stratus vs. Dolph Ziggler, Layla and Michelle McCool

Ezekiel Jackson, Heath Slater, Justin Gabriel and Wade Barrett vs. Big Show, Christian, Kane and Kofi Kingston

Cody Rhodes vs. Rey Mysterio

WWE United States Championship Match
WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan (with Gail Kim) vs. Sheamus (with Brie and Nikki Bella)

A yet to be determined Divas match

Finally, a Money in the Bank Ladder Match is not scheduled for the event.

My view on this it maybe bad but might be there best show of the year what I think.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 01:10:11 PM »
Why is Rock not scheduled to wrestle on the card? What exactly is a Wrestlemania 'host' anyway? Stupid. Why bring him back if he's not wrestling? To cost Cena the match by interfering and setting up a future match? Why not do a triple threat match with Cena, Rock and Miz instead? It's wrestling's biggest event of the year. He should be wrestling on the card.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2011, 04:45:06 AM »
The only match i'm interested in on this WM card is the Undertaker vs Triple H. The rest is a complete waste of time.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 01:56:13 AM »
I'm still waiting for the 2011 Bunkhouse Stampede.

Without other strong wrestling promotions, wrestling has lost all the surprise factor.  There is nothing Vince can do anymore that would shock us besides setting himself on fire and that would only spike the ratings for a few seconds.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 05:44:22 AM »

Without other strong wrestling promotions, wrestling has lost all the surprise factor.  There is nothing Vince can do anymore that would shock us besides setting himself on fire and that would only spike the ratings for a few seconds.
Bullseye.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 11:39:03 AM »

He did that already. Well, he got blown up. But, that angle went south after the Benoit situation.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 08:50:14 PM »
He did that already. Well, he got blown up. But, that angle went south after the Benoit situation.

LOL.

Really though, having different popular promotions throughout the country really did help wrestling.  People had the chance to see wrestlers come in, get into an angle then leave having other popular wrestlers come in and do the same.  What heped was the wrestling magazines that made some wrestlers stars that weren't even in some peoples viewing areas, so when they came to an area, kids had at least a background on that wrestler. Hey, but whats more important; getting along and all making some money OR putting everyone out of business and making ALOT more money?     

Funny story about wrestling magazines, when I was a kid my brother had some friends that wrote for those mags.  I would go to school and bet people who would be champion or who was next to come into the WWWF (that was what was local).  They coudn't figure out how I knew all this.  The mags had to know all of this stuff because they were writen way ahead of time. Then getting into the mid to late eighties the WWF refused to let other magazines "in" on what was going to happen because they were pushing their mag. 

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2011, 06:37:37 AM »
i think in due time we will see the territories resurface...provided you have old-schooled mentality running them.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2011, 07:29:18 AM »
LOL.

Really though, having different popular promotions throughout the country really did help wrestling.  People had the chance to see wrestlers come in, get into an angle then leave having other popular wrestlers come in and do the same.  What heped was the wrestling magazines that made some wrestlers stars that weren't even in some peoples viewing areas, so when they came to an area, kids had at least a background on that wrestler. Hey, but whats more important; getting along and all making some money OR putting everyone out of business and making ALOT more money?    

Funny story about wrestling magazines, when I was a kid my brother had some friends that wrote for those mags.  I would go to school and bet people who would be champion or who was next to come into the WWWF (that was what was local).  They coudn't figure out how I knew all this.  The mags had to know all of this stuff because they were writen way ahead of time. Then getting into the mid to late eighties the WWF refused to let other magazines "in" on what was going to happen because they were pushing their mag.

Wasn't that around the time PWI and its magazines quit recognizing the WWF title as a "world" title and said they considered it a regional title since Hogan rarely wrestled outside the northeast, and when he did all they did was ship the same guys out to wrestle him instead of the top local talent?  And you are spot on with your thoughts on territories....Playboy, Monty and I have been ranting about it for awhile now... haha

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 10:55:03 AM »
Hogan NEVER wrestled anywhere other then the states while with the then WWF.

Flair, wrestled and represented the NWA and defended the title all over the world. Thats the mark of a true champion IMO.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2011, 02:30:46 PM »

Flair, wrestled and represented the NWA and defended the title all over the world. Thats the mark of a true champion IMO.

Weren't WrestleManias 6 and 18 held in Canada? And, before Skydome, there was that old stadium (the CNE center, I think) where he battled Paul Orndoff.

yates fan

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2011, 05:17:23 PM »
while the wrestlemania card is week,it does look like their best card this year,a couple of decent matches.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 06:47:12 AM »
Weren't WrestleManias 6 and 18 held in Canada? And, before Skydome, there was that old stadium (the CNE center, I think) where he battled Paul Orndoff.
I'll rephrase...Hogan never wrestled anywhere other than North America (Canada & USA) while with the WWF. Thank you.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 07:22:36 AM »
Streak match is gonna be good.

No, it's not.  It is going to be a snoozefest with two slow moving guys going into the crowd, up the ramp, in the ring to hit their "spots" before limping across the finish line to take the match home.  HHH will never top the performance that Shawn Michaels gave in his match. 

The only match i'm interested in on this WM card is the Undertaker vs Triple H. The rest is a complete waste of time.

I wish I had your enthusiasm about this match.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 07:52:52 AM »
No, it's not.  It is going to be a snoozefest with two slow moving guys going into the crowd, up the ramp, in the ring to hit their "spots" before limping across the finish line to take the match home.  HHH will never top the performance that Shawn Michaels gave in his match. 

I wish I had your enthusiasm about this match.

Agreed!! I'm sick of the retread matches. 'Taker needs some new challengers. And, quite frankly, the only major player left, that he hasn't faced at WrestleMania, is the "Fruity Pebble" guy.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 08:16:22 AM »
The only beef I have with the Triple H / Undertaker match is the fact that they already wrestled at WM17. Aside from that I am just interested to see the outcome.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 11:56:05 AM »
I look forward to this match as well. Really think that there's gonna be interference from HBK and possibly Big D.

I wouldn't be surprised if HBK is the special guest referee. It should be alright. It is a no holds barred scrap.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2011, 04:46:01 AM »
I honestly thought he hurt himself for real when he did that moonsault and landed onto the annoucers table.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2011, 01:16:20 PM »

He worked with Hansen, Muta and Tenryu in the early 90's. I've seen some matches he had in England with Savage and Slaughter as well.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 02:49:52 PM »
He worked with Hansen, Muta and Tenryu in the early 90's. I've seen some matches he had in England with Savage and Slaughter as well.

Was that while he was still in the Fed?
I know that up until sometime in '86, Vince was sending guys over to Japan as part of a talent-exchange, and Hogan was one of them.
I guess Vince decided he was losing too much money in the domestic market, though, because he began sending Greg Valentine in place of Hogan.

Japan cancelled their arrangement.
 ;D

Playboy is right, though, in regards to his Hogan/Flair comparison.
Flair always seemed to be much more of a "world" champion in the literal sense.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2011, 02:53:33 PM »

Was that while he was still in the Fed?
I know that up until sometime in '86, Vince was sending guys over to Japan as part of a talent-exchange, and Hogan was one of them.
I guess Vince decided he was losing too much money in the domestic market, though, because he began sending Greg Valentine in place of Hogan.

Japan cancelled their arrangement.
 ;D

Playboy is right, though, in regards to his Hogan/Flair comparison.
Flair always seemed to be much more of a "world" champion in the literal sense.

They had a talent exchange with SWS that's when he wrestled Tenryu. I agree about Flair too, his schedule in the 80's would have killed most men.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2011, 02:57:19 PM »
They had a talent exchange with SWS that's when he wrestled Tenryu. I agree about Flair too, his schedule in the 80's would have killed most men.

Flair can honestly say that he EARNED every penny he made from wrestling.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2011, 04:46:29 AM »

Flair can honestly say that he EARNED every penny he made from wrestling.
The "60 minute man".

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2011, 05:58:46 AM »
The "60 minute man".

...and then, there's Warrior; whose matches you could use to time an egg.
 :)