Author Topic: CM Punk shoot interview.. why he left WWE..  (Read 24879 times)

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: CM Punk shoot interview.. why he left WWE..
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2014, 07:57:21 PM »
I enjoyed this podcast as Punk basically told the exact truth and he hit the nail on the head. Loved it.

Best in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2014, 02:59:20 PM »
What's he doing now?
He signed a multi-fight deal with the UFC. Apparently he has a huge martial arts background. He'll be ok. He's a smart cat.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2015, 09:13:42 AM »
He's a vanilla midget and Vince is a schmoe, of course things didn't work out.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2015, 05:36:21 AM »
 ;D
Apparently there is another upcoming colt cabana podcast where punk will
Be addressing more WWE shit... should be good.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2015, 03:04:07 PM »
Monty predicts that Punk will be back in the Fed before 2016.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2015, 10:45:09 AM »
Monty predicts that Punk will be back in the Fed before 2016.

Before 2016? That'd be interesting considering he's got most of this year preparing for his UFC debut. Punk strikes me as a Bruno/Hellwig/Hart type in that he thinks he more valuable to the fed then they are to him. These guys always feel they've been wronged   and because of that it's less about money now and more about principles.

Although I wouldn't be shocked if he had a change of heart if he gets demolished.

All that said theres no question he'll be back,  it's just a matter of time. The sooner the better though.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2015, 02:02:42 PM »
Before 2016? That'd be interesting considering he's got most of this year preparing for his UFC debut. Punk strikes me as a Bruno/Hellwig/Hart type in that he thinks he more valuable to the fed then they are to him. These guys always feel they've been wronged   and because of that it's less about money now and more about principles.

Although I wouldn't be shocked if he had a change of heart if he gets demolished.

All that said theres no question he'll be back,  it's just a matter of time. The sooner the better though.

I used to think along those lines, too - but, after seeing Bret, Bruno, and Ultimate Jim go in, it seems the only claim we can make with certainty is that EVERYBODY eventually goes in.

And, I don't consider that "selling out," either. As I've mentioned here before, selling out to me suggests abandoning your moral code for a cheap payday.

Using Bruno as the most extreme example, he asked for a lot more than he thought Vince would ever agree to pay. That made it worth it to Bruno. Yeah, we could say that McMahon paid him off and Bruno caved in. But, in this instance, it may be more accurate to say that Bruno held out for a LOT of years, making VINCE cave in and pay a lot more than he was planning.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2015, 07:18:32 PM »

I used to think along those lines, too - but, after seeing Bret, Bruno, and Ultimate Jim go in, it seems the only claim we can make with certainty is that EVERYBODY eventually goes in.

And, I don't consider that "selling out," either. As I've mentioned here before, selling out to me suggests abandoning your moral code for a cheap payday.

Using Bruno as the most extreme example, he asked for a lot more than he thought Vince would ever agree to pay. That made it worth it to Bruno. Yeah, we could say that McMahon paid him off and Bruno caved in. But, in this instance, it may be more accurate to say that Bruno held out for a LOT of years, making VINCE cave in and pay a lot more than he was planning.

Lol I don't ever consider these guys "selling out". I think that's mostly fan boys who don't understand the real world let alone wrestling.   No matter what anyone says if they wrestle they want to be in the WWE, otherwise why do it ( I mean guys who've committed their life to the art, not necessarily weekend guys with 9 to 5s).  It's the only show in town so it's not a sell out.

I only meant I'd be surprised if Punk came back so soon. He's like the aforementioned guys in that he'll need more then just money (some sort of apology,  which I know he'd get) and he doesn't think he did anything wrong (and I'd agree with that).

Using Austin's walk out as an example,  SCSA felt disrespected but then he admitted,  and still does, that he was wrong. IF Punk ever felt that way, and I don't think he will, it'll be awhile before he's ready to admit it.

He will be back though, that much we know.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2015, 08:27:42 PM »
Odds on his success in the UFC?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2015, 05:30:26 AM »

Lol I don't ever consider these guys "selling out". I think that's mostly fan boys who don't understand the real world let alone wrestling.   No matter what anyone says if they wrestle they want to be in the WWE, otherwise why do it ( I mean guys who've committed their life to the art, not necessarily weekend guys with 9 to 5s).  It's the only show in town so it's not a sell out.

I only meant I'd be surprised if Punk came back so soon. He's like the aforementioned guys in that he'll need more then just money (some sort of apology,  which I know he'd get) and he doesn't think he did anything wrong (and I'd agree with that).

Using Austin's walk out as an example,  SCSA felt disrespected but then he admitted,  and still does, that he was wrong. IF Punk ever felt that way, and I don't think he will, it'll be awhile before he's ready to admit it.

He will be back though, that much we know.

Sorry, brother - I wasn't inferring that you, personally, considered it selling out. I was speaking in general terms (smarks).

You raise good points.

As far as the Fed being the ultimate goal for everyone, I can say that I only encountered ONE guy whose biggest professional goal was to make it to ROH. He was a talented young guy intent on getting even better; wanted to wrestle full-time and believed that Ring of Honor was the place to do it.

I'll have to Google him one of these days to see where he went in the biz and if he's still in it. He's about my age, and I knew him around 2003.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2015, 05:35:53 AM »
Odds on his success in the UFC?

I haven't followed MMA since the late-90's. Punk is pretty smart, though. I don't know that he would invest this much effort in something at which he doubted he stood a decent chance.

Although, with other opportunities available to him (UFC not being the only, but maybe the next best on the list), he may not be deathly afraid of "failing," just as he wasn't afraid to walk out of WWF.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2015, 07:53:59 AM »
CM Punk will probably hold out for a couple of years..
And demand a Brock /y2j /rvd schedule...
It's being said he saved his $$ and is very frugal on he spends it..

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2015, 01:16:47 PM »
CM Punk will probably hold out for a couple of years..
And demand a Brock /y2j /rvd schedule...
It's being said he saved his $$ and is very frugal on he spends it..

You're forgetting that her and her lawyer are gonna eventually get most of it.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2015, 03:38:45 PM »
You're forgetting that her and her lawyer are gonna eventually get most of it.

Do you think Liz and Macho had a pre-nup?

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2015, 09:09:13 AM »
I think the biggest irony is if and when Punk comes back....as a Part timer ala Jericho, Rock and Brock

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2015, 12:17:57 PM »

Do you think Liz and Macho had a pre-nup?

Probably not. Even with a prenup, judges tend to favor the woman.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2015, 12:56:00 PM »
Probably not. Even with a prenup, judges tend to favor the woman.

Especially if he heard testimony that she was kept locked in a backstage dressing room for most of the night on most nights.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2015, 02:57:31 PM »

Especially if he heard testimony that she was kept locked in a backstage dressing room for most of the night on most nights.

During the interview, Punk kept referring to AJ as "Ape." It seemed like a weird nickname for a cute chick until I Googled her and found out her real name is April.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2015, 02:48:33 PM »

Agreed 100%

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2015, 04:43:52 AM »
I enjoyed this podcast as Punk basically told the exact truth and he hit the nail on the head. Loved it.

Best in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. Just listened to the podcast this week, was great. Been watching some of his old stuff on YouTube and wwe network. Will miss his work.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2015, 11:18:58 AM »
Agreed 100%

You look at Rollins. He's a smart guy and a great athlete and wrestler, but, he's just not as compelling as Punk.

It seems like everyone at the WWE is just happy to be there making money. While you can't really blame, that attitude is why no one is doing anything special.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 23, 2015, 07:23:51 AM »
You look at Rollins. He's a smart guy and a great athlete and wrestler, but, he's just not as compelling as Punk.

It seems like everyone at the WWE is just happy to be there making money. While you can't really blame, that attitude is why no one is doing anything special.

That's because prior to the millinium, you made your money off the gate. If you stunk and didn't draw, you got fuck all. Now guys have 500,000+ dollar a year salaries with a downside guarantee of like 250,000 so they get paid regardless.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2015, 04:31:31 PM »
That's because prior to the millinium, you made your money off the gate. If you stunk and didn't draw, you got fuck all. Now guys have 500,000+ dollar a year salaries with a downside guarantee of like 250,000 so they get paid regardless.

I agree it sucks, but the old man had no choice.
He either offered guaranteed money to compete with Turner, or he'd very likely be out of business!

He couldn't really go back to the old formula, either, after setting the precedent.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2015, 06:10:05 AM »

I agree it sucks, but the old man had no choice.
He either offered guaranteed money to compete with Turner, or he'd very likely be out of business!He couldn't really go back to the old formula, either, after setting the precedent.
And they should all be taking turns blowing Kevin Nash for that. He brought the pay scale up.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2015, 01:46:16 PM »
And they should all be taking turns blowing Kevin Nash for that. He brought the pay scale up.

Yep.