Author Topic: Shane O Mac is Back  (Read 12996 times)

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
Re: Shane O Mac is Back
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2016, 10:30:39 AM »
The difference between them using the phrase "sold out" or "capacity" crowd.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2016, 12:33:14 PM »
I just heard an interview with Dave Meltzer (I think on Austin podcast ) where he said those numbers are for entertainment purposes only. The 93k wasn't a real number, that it was closer to the 80s. All attendance figures are also a work.

I was saddened when I heard this.
That doesn't surprise me...as Bobby Heenan said before...at WM3...do you really think someone sat there and counted 93,000 tickets?

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2016, 02:05:00 PM »
That doesn't surprise me...as Bobby Heenan said before...at WM3...do you really think someone sat there and counted 93,000 tickets?

Yep... LOL.

Although, they still outdrew the Pope, who appeared there a short time later!

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2016, 01:40:27 PM »
Shane is hitting his fathers cycle hard. Did you get a look at his mid section yesterday? Wow...drastic change from what he looked like before his exit.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #54 on: March 29, 2016, 05:16:39 PM »
The 93k wasn't a real number, that it was closer to the 80s. All attendance figures are also a work.

he is full of shit.

1. if the number was wrong then that means all the other attendance figures around that time at the Silverdome (the pope and the rolling stones if I recall) were also inflated. which would make NO sense at all.

2. this figure of 93173 used to be listed in the Guiness book of world records. I used to have one of the editions containing it.

I am pretty sure they would have done some sort of follow up to validate rather than just take Vince's word.

I would love to see Dave's thoughts on the above two points..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2016, 05:25:02 PM »
https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/3jm82s/when_this_sub_hits_93173_subscribersi_kinda_hope/

reddit thread talking about WM3 attendance.

consensus is that the 78k is more false than the 93 because the venue was well known to be able to hold just over 80k for football with no floor seats..

Flower Boy Ran Away

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #56 on: March 29, 2016, 08:32:47 PM »
Still real to me dammit!! >:(
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2016, 09:23:57 AM »
he is full of shit.

1. if the number was wrong then that means all the other attendance figures around that time at the Silverdome (the pope and the rolling stones if I recall) were also inflated. which would make NO sense at all.

2. this figure of 93173 used to be listed in the Guiness book of world records. I used to have one of the editions containing it.

I am pretty sure they would have done some sort of follow up to validate rather than just take Vince's word.

I would love to see Dave's thoughts on the above two points..

Lol, my thoughts or Meltzer's? I'll see if I can find what podcast I heard this on so I can have it for you. This was just brought up again in reference to the 100k tease for Dallas. The Michigan promoter show Meltzer the actual numbers.

For the record I could care less, it's wrestling VKM and is a showman it wouldn't surprise me he falsified  numbers.  Obviously there's some truth to the rumors as reddit has a thread on itit and there wasn't 10k floor seats at WMIII let alone 15k.

And as far as your 2 points: no one said the silverdome couldnt hold 93k people, the Big House in Ann Arbor would have been able to do that so the silverdome would have been able to. So as far as the pope and stones, why would their numbers be inflated? Again it was never said it couldn't hold 93k, just that WM didn't have that many in attendance. But all things considered I'm sure it was important for those two to have figures close to the  WWF, as both groups have bigger followings. I'm sure they weren't going to be embarrassed by having poor numbers. That comparison doesn't apply in this case.

As far as the GBR, the record should still stand I guess. I'm sure they have a extremely tough vetting process establishing hundreds of thousands of records from the most consecutive rope jumps in 24 hours to whatever stunt David Blaine is doing. VKM beat the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IN A COURT CASE, I'm sure he could hoodwink the fact checkers at Guiness...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2016, 08:04:15 AM »
Lol, my thoughts or Meltzer's? I'll see if I can find what podcast I heard this on so I can have it for you. This was just brought up again in reference to the 100k tease for Dallas. The Michigan promoter show Meltzer the actual numbers.

For the record I could care less, it's wrestling VKM and is a showman it wouldn't surprise me he falsified  numbers.  Obviously there's some truth to the rumors as reddit has a thread on itit and there wasn't 10k floor seats at WMIII let alone 15k.

And as far as your 2 points: no one said the silverdome couldnt hold 93k people, the Big House in Ann Arbor would have been able to do that so the silverdome would have been able to. So as far as the pope and stones, why would their numbers be inflated? Again it was never said it couldn't hold 93k, just that WM didn't have that many in attendance. But all things considered I'm sure it was important for those two to have figures close to the  WWF, as both groups have bigger followings. I'm sure they weren't going to be embarrassed by having poor numbers. That comparison doesn't apply in this case.

As far as the GBR, the record should still stand I guess. I'm sure they have a extremely tough vetting process establishing hundreds of thousands of records from the most consecutive rope jumps in 24 hours to whatever stunt David Blaine is doing. VKM beat the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IN A COURT CASE, I'm sure he could hoodwink the fact checkers at Guiness...
INTERESTING ...I think any venue or stadium boasting only could be at least partially validated by one being there,i have been to sold out stadium or concert venue shows and when it was said and done you could see empty rows or seats littered about..i guess the presell on sale and somewhat final count is what they go by ...full capacity sold sounds better than there are seats still available...

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2016, 09:04:14 PM »
[Lol, my thoughts or Meltzer's

meltzers. seems his single misinformed quote started the whole thing.

its all mute now cause WM32 just had 101,000+
Flower Boy Ran Away

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2016, 10:46:51 PM »
Just got out of mania ..
The rock said it was 101,760 ..
I have never seen so many people in one place...

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2016, 02:52:27 AM »
Just got mania ..

I'm at a total loss...

With ratings and regular attendance figures the way they are, I am utterly amazed they pulled this off.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2016, 06:21:52 AM »
Me too, broke down and watched the show. Great feeling watching it with my 8 yr old son BUT thought the show overall was lackluster

Few surprises but nothing that made me say Holy Sh$t

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2016, 09:28:25 AM »
It was a great experience for me watching it with my wife & 4 year old son live..
I'm not a Dallas cowboys fans.. actually hate the cowboys...
But they have a world class state of the art stadium..
It is very impressive..
From the food to the restroom facilities to the chairs you sit in..
It's just amazing place.. wow..
It was packed.. never seen so many people in one place..
I will be eventually attending another wrestlemania in the near future..
Wish it was the attitude era...
But it is what is..

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2016, 10:47:54 AM »
It was a great experience for me watching it with my wife & 4 year old son live..
I'm not a Dallas cowboys fans.. actually hate the cowboys...
But they have a world class state of the art stadium..
It is very impressive..
From the food to the restroom facilities to the chairs you sit in..
It's just amazing place.. wow..
It was packed.. never seen so many people in one place..
I will be eventually attending another wrestlemania in the near future..
Wish it was the attitude era...
But it is what is..

Attitude era - were you excited when Stone Cold, HBK and Foley came out?

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2016, 03:47:08 PM »

meltzers. seems his single misinformed quote started the whole thing.

its all mute now cause WM32 just had 101,000+

Just got out of mania ..
I have never seen so many people in one place...

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/694111-did-over-100000-fans-actually-attend-wrestlemania-32-in-dallas

Someone is lying to us, the question is who is more trustworthy?

The answer is we're all getting worked.

Decent show though, I'm glad I  watched it.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2016, 06:54:50 PM »
Someone is lying to us, the question is who is more trustworthy?

Meltzer is lying, or at least misinformed.. and it seems most people agree.

look at the comments in that link. he never reveals specific sources. just spews crap. lol

notice the difference though between "attendance" and "paid tickets sold". there is a difference.

Pontiac silverdome 93,000+

vs

AT and T arena 101,000+:
Flower Boy Ran Away

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2016, 04:45:41 AM »

I'm at a total loss...

With ratings and regular attendance figures the way they are, I am utterly amazed they pulled this off.
Not me...after all its WM. Had they come to my town, I'd have bought a ticket too. Why not. Not to many times people can say they've gone to WM. I got lucky and attended 2! Lol

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2016, 02:21:10 PM »
Not me...after all its WM. Had they come to my town, I'd have bought a ticket too. Why not. Not to many times people can say they've gone to WM. I got lucky and attended 2! Lol

yup. me too. I was at WM6 Hogan Warrior and WM18 Hogan Rock cause I am close to Toronto.
Flower Boy Ran Away

gmflex

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2016, 07:36:41 PM »
Overall it was a great experience..
It was a 8 hour drive one way..
The tailgating outside the stadium was crazy and fun..
People were in character..
Drinking beer and cooking out..
Only in Texas... ;D

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2016, 04:30:35 AM »
yup. me too. I was at WM6 Hogan Warrior and WM18 Hogan Rock cause I am close to Toronto.
I was at both those shows and they were both great.