Author Topic: Answer me this question regarding Lesnar on TUF  (Read 10101 times)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
Re: Answer me this question regarding Lesnar on TUF
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2011, 07:22:15 AM »
GSP is the man and IMO the best P4P fighter now and ever.  Goddam I hope we can see the Anderson/GSP fight this year!!

anderson is a week away from getting KO'd in the 1st rd
DAWG

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2011, 07:24:38 AM »
Carwin possessed all of these traits and couldn't pull it off.....as did Mir and Randy too.

Invalid point. You Brock jealousy is apparent.

it's official term is "bitter ex moderator syndrome".

:D

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2011, 07:26:24 AM »
That's funny for a minute there i almost thought you didn't have a homosexual crush on a guy that is deathly afraid of being hit and is a one trick pony.  By the way WWE called, they said remind Geo Royal Rumble is right around the corner.

For a minute there I thought you had stopped with the immature homo Dick N Ball talk. My bad.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2011, 07:28:23 AM »
it's official term is "bitter ex moderator syndrome".

:D

LOL....

I guess there is no cure for being de-modded. Might ease his pain if he didn't revisit this place.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2011, 09:54:40 AM »
Carwin possessed all of these traits and couldn't pull it off.....as did Mir and Randy too.

Invalid point. You Brock jealousy is apparent.

Mir said himself he's been unable to wrestle at 100% ever since his accident.  Randy is NOT carrying weight and is a glorified Lhw.  Carwin
ragdolled lesnar and showed us all how scared brock gets when fists fly at him.  I find it funny that most of the guys hes gonna be "coaching"will have more fights and less fear of being hit than your hero.  You guys should start your own tuf newb brocksucker fan club......... Wait a minute,u already did.
Predictions
 40/61

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2011, 10:03:42 AM »
Mir said himself he's been unable to wrestle at 100% ever since his accident.  Randy is NOT carrying weight and is a glorified Lhw.  Carwin
ragdolled lesnar and showed us all how scared brock gets when fists fly at him.  I find it funny that most of the guys hes gonna be "coaching"will have more fights and less fear of being hit than your hero.  You guys should start your own tuf newb brocksucker fan club......... Wait a minute,u already did.

None of the guys he is "coaching" have held the belt in a TOP MMA org in the world or are ranked #2 in the world in their weightclass either, are they?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2011, 02:44:24 PM »
None of the guys he is "coaching" have held the belt in a TOP MMA org in the world or are ranked #2 in the world in their weightclass either, are they?

This calls for a word: circumstance

under what circumstances did Lesnar hold the belt ??... look at the guys he beat to get that belt, kind of says it all..the UFC HW belt doesn't quite have the prestige it used to.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2011, 02:52:05 PM »

under what circumstances did Lesnar hold the belt ??... look at the guys he beat to get that belt, kind of says it all..the UFC HW belt doesn't quite have the prestige it used to.

It's never had prestige...do you know no one has succesfully defended the HW belt more than twice consecutively in the entire history of the UFC...
DAWG

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2011, 01:46:05 AM »

So when Sylvia held it it had a lot of prestige?

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #59 on: February 01, 2011, 05:54:24 PM »

calm down princess.  it's not that important ::)  This is a reality TV show and Lesnar is going to bring the ratings...get it?

That said, he has about the same number of fights as JDS, a capable coaching staff and lots of wrestling knowledge he can share.  Stop being such a hater...
w

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #60 on: February 01, 2011, 10:29:04 PM »
He already was the best and is currently ranked #2.
and how was he ever ranked #1 just fighting the cans he did?...why in the hell is he still #2?...the guy has never defeated a credible fighter....randy was/is waaaayyy past his prime so dont even try that shit...

bench

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2011, 05:36:48 AM »
and how was he ever ranked #1 just fighting the cans he did?...why in the hell is he still #2?...the guy has never defeated a credible fighter....randy was/is waaaayyy past his prime so dont even try that shit...

bench

Past his prime?  Perhaps.   But not credible?  Please.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2011, 07:19:39 AM »

bench

I don't make the rankings. The UFC does not make the rankings. Get over it....Brock was ranked #1 and is now ranked #2.

You act like the Brock's fight with Randy is what placed him in the #1 or #2 spot.  You got to look at the big picture.

You have to realize the UFC's talent carries a lot of respect in these rankings.  Look at Nick Diaz, he's a great exciting fighter, but at the same time, look at the talent level he is facing outside of the UFC.  It leaves you with a lot of questions about how good he really is.

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
  • Assumptions are the mother of all Fuck-ups.
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2011, 09:16:49 AM »
How exactly is Lesnar supposed to 'coach' and 'teach' others how to fight, when he does not know how to fight himself?

This is quite funny actually. I was waiting for someone to say this about JDS. Ive personally talked with JDS on 3 separate occasions and his English is horrible. That being said this show is only really 5-6 weeks long depending on when they actually start training. Its funny how a lot of people think these fighters learn so much while they are there. These guys actually do not have that much training while they are there. Ive spoke to several fighters that were actually in the house after the fact and they pretty much said the same thing. We don't get as much training as you guys think. To prove a point take a fighter that was on the show that we all think pretty much sucked. Then wait till they come back for the finale and notice how much of an improvement they have made in those following months. No one goes onto the show and when they leave in 6 weeks have marked improvement. Its all done at the camps after the show.

Take Rampage for example. Page even said he knows nothing about coaching. He is a fighter. He said that several times on the show and after as well. Now I can't stand Brock at all. But that being said, Brock does have the skill set to give a fighter some advice. Is he gonna dramatically change a fighter in 6 weeks? No. No one is. JDS included even with his Blackhouse team behind him. This is a reality show where you have to be a fighter BEFORE you join the cast. In 6 weeks very little will change and in some cases the show actually screwed up a fighter from altering training.

The things that both can teach would be things you don't even think of. If I was a young fighter on the show I would be picking their brains about other things. Like weight cutting, (not that JDS does this but Brock does and so does team Blackhouse). The lights in the octagon, (they are really bright and in some cases you can get what's called sunspots from looking in the lights. Ask Vera why he didn't see that elbow from Bones coming and he'll tell you). How to handle adrenaline to use it to your advantage (this is huge and both fighters have been on the big stage). How to handle the press and interviews while in a caloric and water restricted state (once again no one thinks about behind the scenes stuff all they see is how a fighter does inside the octagon). How to handle the crowd and outside influence (once again both fighters have been in these situations). When to warm up backstage and how to stay focused (timing is critical). The order in which you are gonna fight. (the Octagon's surface changes as the night goes on. The canvas changes feeling as the night progresses. Take Mirko for example. He said when he first walked in the cage is was very grippy but when he fought JDS the surface was like glass). Also what type of foods to eat throughout the day for maximum energy without feeling full or having to take a shit when you step in the cage (ask Monson about this one. Shit his pants pretty bad). Once again No one thinks about these things. Everyone just sees a fighter when he enters the cage. There is a lot more about fighting on this level than most really know.

There are many others I can think of after seeing this first hand. I understand everyone always likes to think that these fighters are miraculously changed but they aren't. More often than not they get 1-2 hours a day 5-6 days a week and some days you are by yourself because the coaching staff is getting their fighter ready and you are on the back burner. If I was one of the younger guys I'd be picking their brains about the things people never think of.

Just my .02

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2011, 03:09:50 PM »
Past his prime?  Perhaps.   But not credible?  Please.
5 years ago he was a credible opponent.....now he is nothing but a credible coach...
I don't make the rankings. The UFC does not make the rankings. Get over it....Brock was ranked #1 and is now ranked #2.

You act like the Brock's fight with Randy is what placed him in the #1 or #2 spot.  You got to look at the big picture.

You have to realize the UFC's talent carries a lot of respect in these rankings.  Look at Nick Diaz, he's a great exciting fighter, but at the same time, look at the talent level he is facing outside of the UFC.  It leaves you with a lot of questions about how good he really is.

then who was it that raised his ranking?...was it his loss to mir?...was it beating mir?..was it beating the can known as carwin?...was it getting his ass stomped by cain?

you are right..you got to look at the big picture...he has beat no one important, or name worthy, and is the biggest publicity stunt in combat sprt history...

bench

AC Slater

• Getbig IV
  • The king of Bayside
« Reply #65 on: February 02, 2011, 04:44:49 PM »
benchmstr laying out some savage ownings.
I dont like twinks.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #66 on: February 02, 2011, 06:30:36 PM »
benchmstr laying out some savage ownings.
nah..they will just come back saying "the ufc doesnt make the rankings"...and thats bullshit...hell, those same rankings have been purchased, and sold in boxing for years to the highest bidder...mma is no different....

bench

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: February 02, 2011, 07:30:07 PM »
calm down princess.  it's not that important ::)  This is a reality TV show and Lesnar is going to bring the ratings...get it?

That said, he has about the same number of fights as JDS, a capable coaching staff and lots of wrestling knowledge he can share.  Stop being such a hater...

Dana's milking what's left of that one trick pony since it's obvious he will never hold the belt again.
Predictions
 40/61

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #68 on: February 02, 2011, 07:38:46 PM »
nah..they will just come back saying "the ufc doesnt make the rankings"...and thats bullshit...hell, those same rankings have been purchased, and sold in boxing for years to the highest bidder...mma is no different....

bench

pretty idiotic/funny comparison even by your standards.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: February 02, 2011, 07:42:04 PM »
Dana's milking what's left of that one trick pony since it's obvious he will never hold the belt again.

where the fuck have you been asswipe ?

that's the promoters job dickhead !

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #70 on: February 02, 2011, 07:48:47 PM »

pretty idiotic/funny comparison even by your standards.

wow, amazing arguement you got there ::)

you are a fool with no counter, or prospective on the matter...so you just make a blanket statement...oh, i feel so owned...beter luck next time old man..

bench

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #71 on: February 02, 2011, 08:02:39 PM »
nah..they will just come back saying "the ufc doesnt make the rankings"...and thats bullshit...

go ahead kid ..

it's showtime...

feel free to post official UFC rankings..

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2011, 06:51:37 AM »

bench

So now you are saying the MMA rankings are fixed? Oh brother ::)

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2011, 06:53:43 AM »

How dare Dana/UFC try to make money ::)...Brock is MMA's biggest draw. Love it or hate it, that's a fact.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2011, 05:57:21 PM »
Brock is just being set up to fail, he can only get brutalized and forced into girlie runs and fetal positions so many times before people quit caring about a giant Viking who's afraid of fists (Although I am starting to enjoy watching such a big guy cower in fear once he catches live fire lol, it's good tv.)   
Predictions
 40/61