Author Topic: NO BULLSHIT TRAINING THREAD..........JUST TRAINING !  (Read 390399 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
Re: NO BULLSHIT TRAINING THREAD..........JUST TRAINING !
« Reply #450 on: June 16, 2023, 07:21:44 AM »
You a curling machine, Bhanky.

38 returns

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig! BRIAN HANKINS IS TOO SCARED TO PHONE ME
« Reply #451 on: June 16, 2023, 07:26:41 AM »
I thought we were talking about strength now you want to talk about hypertrophy?? And again I don’t need a scientific article written by a phd who doesn’t even lift to tell me heavy free weight curls are more effective than cables.

You just want to compare a bunch of cross fit movements that require a lot of technique you know I don’t do we all do curls it’s a very simple test of strength. But glad you admit I can curl more you can beat me in some of those other lifts because I have never even tried them much less developed the proper technique. I don’t even know what half of those dumb things are I don’t do CrossFit

Everyone knows what a curl is we all do curls

if free weights are better why aren't your arms 23 like the fella in our gym who does cables for his bis and tris?
B

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #452 on: June 16, 2023, 07:27:33 AM »
And yet even Krank admits I can curl more than him I must be doing something right
Who cares about a curl that isn`t even performed strictly except by SCN standards whos made up standards suck?

You can`t Deadlift shit,can`t Squat for shit,you bench lopsided and crooked, and you do no heavy rowing exercises,but you keep on with your reverse cleans curls....we are all rooting for you and very proud of this fantastically performed exercise.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #453 on: June 16, 2023, 07:29:29 AM »
Who cares about a curl that isn`t even performed strictly except by SCN standards whos made up standards suck?

You can`t Deadlift shit,can`t Squat for shit,you bench lopsided and crooked, and you do no heavy rowing exercises,but you keep on with your reverse cleans curls....we are all rooting for you and very proud of this fantastically performed exercise.

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #454 on: June 16, 2023, 07:35:32 AM »
You a curling machine, Bhanky.

He's a pretty good over 40, non-natural strict curler

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #455 on: June 16, 2023, 07:45:36 AM »
He's a pretty good over 40, non-natural strict curler

Will do well in that division.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #456 on: June 16, 2023, 09:05:12 AM »
Cables do not put the same stress on the muscle

for like the 100th time...tell me why not

I thought we were talking about strength now you want to talk about hypertrophy?? And again I don’t need a scientific article written by a phd who doesn’t even lift to tell me heavy free weight curls are more effective than cables.

You just want to compare a bunch of cross fit movements that require a lot of technique you know I don’t do we all do curls it’s a very simple test of strength. But glad you admit I can curl more you can beat me in some of those other lifts because I have never even tried them much less developed the proper technique. I don’t even know what half of those dumb things are I don’t do CrossFit

Everyone knows what a curl is we all do curls

Strength and/or hypertrophy.   Tell me why you feel that way...logically.  You now bash research but used it extensively in your lame attempt to fuck with SC on melatonin.  Cherry picking fuck with.

A bunch of crossfit movements?  LOL  WEIGHTLIFTING movements....where strength and technique are paramount.  You haven't tried them because you would have to come up with another 100 excuses on why you couldn't do them

Yes, everyone knows what a CURL is....you love to flash your plastic dollar store badge of a STRICT curl any chance you get.

And yet even Krank admits I can curl more than him I must be doing something right

Thats ALL you train to be stronger in...why the fuck wouldn't you be stronger in it?  Wow....you don't quite grasp what logic is.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #457 on: June 16, 2023, 10:40:03 AM »
Quads and calves today

Squats 6 sets
Knee extensions 3 sets
Front squats 3 sets
Split squats 3 sets
Standing calf raise 3 sets
Seated calf raise 3 sets
Some core fuckery

Quads are only 23" at 170 lbs, maybe if I ran an all-you-can-eat PED buffet for 25 years I could get them to 25" at 230 lbs like bhanks.

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #458 on: June 16, 2023, 10:44:48 AM »
Krank definitely knows his shit and while I agree that muscles don’t know the difference between cables,bands,dumbbells,barbells,weight stack machines,plate loaded machines as stress is stress. Yet at the same time I have to agree with Hankins as to free weight curls whether with dumbbells or barbells definitely seem to build more muscle. There have been times I train hard as hell using bands or machines and my arms actually shrink a bit then when I go back to free weight they grow again. But wtf do I know? Just my personal experience.

This is also my experience. Maybe it has to do with effort and intensity like Krank is saying. It's hard for me to get motivated to do heavy weights for more reps with bands or machines.

38 returns

• Getbig IV
« Reply #459 on: June 16, 2023, 10:45:52 AM »
Biceps and forearms today

Nautilus nitro curl machine- 4 x 10 last set triple drop
Hoist rock curl machine- 5 x 12
Preacher machine 3 x 12
Cable 21 2 sets

Wrist curl 3 x 15
Pinwheel Curl 3 x 12
Reverse Curl 3 x 15
B

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #460 on: June 16, 2023, 10:46:31 AM »
This is also my experience. Maybe it has to do with effort and intensity like Krank is saying. It's hard for me to get motivated to do heavy weights for more reps with bands or machines.

Muscles dont know what you are using free or machines, hell they dont even know what "weight" is, all they know is intensity

ROBOAK

• Getbig IV
  • toughest getbigger of all time
« Reply #461 on: June 16, 2023, 10:52:20 AM »
Muscles dont know what you are using free or machines, hell they dont even know what "weight" is, all they know is intensity

Yes they do , free weights have double the muscle recruitment that machines have, when you use a machine your "stabilizers"  just sit on the shelf

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #462 on: June 16, 2023, 11:05:24 AM »
Yes they do , free weights have double the muscle recruitment that machines have, when you use a machine your "stabilizers"  just sit on the shelf

free weights may recruit more muscles (stabilisers) but if you do a bicep curl with a bar or a machine the bicep doesnt know any different

I agree free weights are better because the recruit more individual muscles but as for specific muscle growth it doesnt matter

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #463 on: June 16, 2023, 11:26:51 AM »
Quads and calves today

Squats 6 sets
Knee extensions 3 sets
Front squats 3 sets
Split squats 3 sets
Standing calf raise 3 sets
Seated calf raise 3 sets
Some core fuckery

Quads are only 23" at 170 lbs, maybe if I ran an all-you-can-eat PED buffet for 25 years I could get them to 25" at 230 lbs like bhanks.
Good one brother.....lots of volume!!

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #464 on: June 16, 2023, 11:35:00 AM »
for like the 100th time...tell me why not

Strength and/or hypertrophy.   Tell me why you feel that way...logically.  You now bash research but used it extensively in your lame attempt to fuck with SC on melatonin.  Cherry picking fuck with.

A bunch of crossfit movements?  LOL  WEIGHTLIFTING movements....where strength and technique are paramount.  You haven't tried them because you would have to come up with another 100 excuses on why you couldn't do them

Yes, everyone knows what a CURL is....you love to flash your plastic dollar store badge of a STRICT curl any chance you get.

Thats ALL you train to be stronger in...why the fuck wouldn't you be stronger in it?  Wow....you don't quite grasp what logic is.

I have had 3 shoulder surgeries, 3 pec tears, 2 knee surgeries, and a herniated disc of course I am not going to train push press movements for max power. I train those for maintenance I do power curling

If you think free weights are not superior why do you squat and deadlift and snatch and power clean you are doing a ton of barbell movements why not just use bands??? Or a bow flex? Or if only intensity matters why not just flex really hard and pump yourself up??  You want microtears cables are not doing that they are great for pumping blood after you micro tear with weights.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #465 on: June 16, 2023, 11:40:28 AM »
I have had 3 shoulder surgeries, 3 pec tears, 2 knee surgeries, and a herniated disc of course I am not going to train push press movements for max power. I train those for maintenance I do power curling

If you think free weights are not superior why do you squat and deadlift and snatch and power clean you are doing a rob of barbell movements why not just use bands??? Or a bow flex? Or if only intensity matters why not just flex really hard and pump yourself up??  You want microtears cables are not doing that they are great for pumping blood after you micro tear with weights.

Brian, when did you have these shoulder surgeries?

What caused them? Working out? Or a sports injury ?

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
« Reply #466 on: June 16, 2023, 12:02:48 PM »
I have had 3 shoulder surgeries, 3 pec tears, 2 knee surgeries, and a herniated disc of course

And a partridge in a pear tree...

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #467 on: June 16, 2023, 12:07:36 PM »
HAHA,,,

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #468 on: June 16, 2023, 12:10:30 PM »

If you think free weights are not superior why do you squat and deadlift and snatch and power clean you are doing a ton of barbell movements why not just use bands??? Or a bow flex? Or if only intensity matters why not just flex really hard and pump yourself up??  You want microtears cables are not doing that they are great for pumping blood after you micro tear with weights.

38 returns

• Getbig IV
« Reply #469 on: June 16, 2023, 12:11:44 PM »

post of the day!
B

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #470 on: June 16, 2023, 12:21:44 PM »
I do power calf raises

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #471 on: June 16, 2023, 12:29:36 PM »

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #472 on: June 16, 2023, 12:31:27 PM »
ha ha ha ha ha  LOL  ;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #473 on: June 16, 2023, 12:35:04 PM »
BHANKS WAS RIGHT!!

SMITH MACHINE VS FREE WEIGHT

Abstract

Schick, EE, Coburn, JW, Brown, LE, Judelson, DA, Khamoui, AV, Tran, TT, and Uribe, BP. A comparison of muscle activation between a Smith machine and free weight bench press. J Strength Cond Res 24(3): 779-784, 2010-The bench press exercise exists in multiple forms including the machine and free weight bench press. It is not clear though how each mode differs in its effect on muscle activation. The purpose of this study was to compare muscle activation of the anterior deltoid, medial deltoid, and pectoralis major during a Smith machine and free weight bench press at lower (70% 1 repetition maximum [1RM]) and higher (90% 1RM) intensities. Normalized electromyography amplitude values were used during the concentric phase of the bench press to compare muscle activity between a free weight and Smith machine bench press. Participants were classified as either experienced or inexperienced bench pressers. Two testing sessions were used, each of which entailed either all free weight or all Smith machine testing. In each testing session, each participant's 1RM was established followed by 2 repetitions at 70% of 1RM and 2 repetitions at 90% of 1RM. Results indicated greater activation of the medial deltoid on the free weight bench press than on the Smith machine bench press. Also, there was greater muscle activation at the 90% 1RM load than at the 70% 1RM load. The results of this study suggest that strength coaches should consider choosing the free weight bench press over the Smith machine bench press because of its potential for greater upper-body muscular development.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #474 on: June 16, 2023, 12:37:38 PM »
This study calculated IEMG values during the ascent and descent phases of the bench press and compared the values between lifts performed with free weights versus a guided weight machine. In Phase 1 of the study the l-RM on each mode was determined for each subject. In Phase 2, EMG data were collected from five muscles of the upper extremity while each subject completed five trials at 80% of 1-RM and five trials at 60% of 1-RM for each mode. Linear envelopes were created from the EMG data of each trial, and IEMG values were calculated during the descent and ascent phases of each trial. Planned comparisons were used to compare mean IEMG values between the two loads within the same mode, and between the two modes at both the 60% and 80% loads. Results suggested greater muscle activity during the free-weight bench press, especially at the 60% 1-RM load, although there were notable differences among the patterns of individual subjects.
X