Author Topic: NO BULLSHIT TRAINING THREAD..........JUST TRAINING !  (Read 390221 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
Re: NO BULLSHIT TRAINING THREAD..........JUST TRAINING !
« Reply #5500 on: October 12, 2023, 12:06:06 PM »
Muscle clean & press - Sets of 5 for 40 minutes with 30-60 second rests

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5501 on: October 12, 2023, 12:11:12 PM »
Good luck, Swifty.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #5502 on: October 12, 2023, 12:17:53 PM »
Arms

5 sets alternate db curls 35,45,55,65,75
Superset
5 sets v bar pushdowns stack,stack,stack+45 for 3 sets

5 sets hammer curls both arms same time 70,80,90,100,110
Superset
5 sets overhead db ext 70,80,90,100,120

5 sets reverse grip preacher ez bar curls 50,60,70,70,70
Superset
5 sets 1 arm reverse grip pushdowns

5 sets reverse wrist curls
Sueprset
5 sets wrist curls

8 sets rotary calf

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #5503 on: October 12, 2023, 12:22:46 PM »
Last training session today
Full body workout just moving from machine to machine working alternate upper and lower body to get the blood flowing

Spoke to a myofacial therapist today , he mentioned something interesting
You should always train calves first when training legs, training calves triggers the glutes and piriformis muscles also hamstrings, it gets the nerves firing as the signals have to pass from your brain down through the other muscles to get to the calves

Not sure if this has a lot to do with the lack of calves on todays competitors

Anyway, not looked into the science of what he says but its an interesting concept
3 sleeps until show day  ;)

Hi Jeff !   🙋‍♀️

Is there any way we can watch this on livestream ?

If not, good luck. I will check with Illuminati for updates. I don’t know if he is attending, but if he does I have his cell phone number.

Two other thoughts, do you have a ride home, how is your wife’s eyesight ?

Just remember, no matter what happens, at least you’re not Wes.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5504 on: October 12, 2023, 12:24:05 PM »
Arms

Superset

Superset

Superset

Sueprset
5 sets wrist curls

8 sets rotary calf

Good workout Rob mate

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #5505 on: October 12, 2023, 12:39:26 PM »
Good workout Rob mate

Thank you sir. How are you doing these days?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #5506 on: October 12, 2023, 12:41:12 PM »
Arms

Superset

Superset

Superset

Sueprset
5 sets wrist curls

8 sets rotary calf

That is just insane 30 total sets of biceps and triceps. I am doing more volume now as can't go heavy yet. How many reps are you averaging per set?

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #5507 on: October 12, 2023, 12:46:16 PM »
That is just insane 30 total sets of biceps and triceps. I am doing more volume now as can't go heavy yet. How many reps are you averaging per set?

I start around 40-50 reps per set and end around 8-15 depending on the movement. I’ve always done very high volume on arms. Usually I would do more but the arms are still sore as hell form arm wrestling on Saturday and then working all week.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5508 on: October 12, 2023, 12:50:58 PM »
Thank you sir. How are you doing these days?

Doing ok mate now have my daughter a week on week off rather than every second weekend which I was before mate so a lot happier in that regard work been shit string of low paying jobs but otherwise good how you doing mate know you were feeling pretty dark last time was here hope your doing better brother

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5509 on: October 12, 2023, 01:02:15 PM »
Back and chest:  Feeling better after feeling like hell for five weeks. No warm ups shown, just work sets. Always tried to do a full range of motion.

MAG bar pulldown with supinate grip 2 x 10
Seated Lat pulley row using a traditional V handle 2 x 12
Dumbbell lat rows with one knee on a bench 2 x 10
Narrow pulldowns with a MAG bar supinate grip 2 x 10

Flat Dumbbell bench 2 x 8 (tried to go all the way down so I wasn't doing partial reps)
Incline Dumbbell bench 2 x 8
flat flies 2 x 10
Push ups 2 x max (regular and one with those perfect push up handles. You can get a nice stretch with those handles.)

dead lifts 2 x 4
Weighted back extensions 2 x 15

Wheel roll out 1 x max
Pulley ab crunch 1 x 50

The weights were lighter than I usually use but I felt it.  Tomorrow is cardio incline walking and the next day legs.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5510 on: October 12, 2023, 01:05:02 PM »
Hi Jeff !   🙋‍♀️

Is there any way we can watch this on livestream ?

If not, good luck. I will check with Illuminati for updates. I don’t know if he is attending, but if he does I have his cell phone number.

Two other thoughts, do you have a ride home, how is your wife’s eyesight ?

Just remember, no matter what happens, at least you’re not Wes.
I think the PCA do the odd Youtube

Unfortunatly the photographers at some shows these days only post your photo or video online if you pay for a set of photos from them.

I dont like myself enough to shell out £60 for some photos

JustPlaneJane

• Getbig V
« Reply #5511 on: October 12, 2023, 01:09:51 PM »
I think the PCA do the odd Youtube

Unfortunatly the photographers at some shows these days only post your photo or video online if you pay for a set of photos from them.

I dont like myself enough to shell out £60 for some photos

Jeff, if these just so happened to be “bulge” photos, me and the girls here in the office are good for the $60.00 !

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5512 on: October 12, 2023, 01:14:12 PM »
Jeff, if these just so happened to be “bulge” photos, me and the girls here in the office are good for the $60.00 !

I do tend to leave early from shows , I at least do my own class before I go  ;D

I find bodybuilding shows a bit boring to be honest

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5513 on: October 12, 2023, 02:46:29 PM »
Doing ok mate now have my daughter a week on week off rather than every second weekend which I was before mate so a lot happier in that regard work been shit string of low paying jobs but otherwise good how you doing mate know you were feeling pretty dark last time was here hope your doing better brother

Yeah I get my son every other weekend during the school year but every other week in the summer it really is a huge difference. Going to move closer and try to see him more during the school year.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #5514 on: October 12, 2023, 02:49:28 PM »

Glad to hear that, must make a world of difference with the daughter. Yeah I’ve got some good and some shit jobs lately as well. I’m doing better than I was but it’s a roller coaster that’s for sure.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5515 on: October 12, 2023, 02:55:03 PM »
Yeah I get my son every other weekend during the school year but every other week in the summer it really is a huge difference. Going to move closer and try to see him more during the school year.

Definitely mate the difference is massive I no longer have the emotional rollercoaster where I’d be on a massive hight the Thursday and Friday before my weekend with her then almost the second I opened my eyes Sunday morning the depression would start kicking in Sunday night after she gone was almost suicidal a lot happier this way they grow up so fast mate we need to make most of the time

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #5516 on: October 12, 2023, 03:00:34 PM »
Glad to hear that, must make a world of difference with the daughter. Yeah I’ve got some good and some shit jobs lately as well. I’m doing better than I was but it’s a roller coaster that’s for sure.

Good to hear your doing better mate I know always be ups and downs life never easy or straightforward. Work been shit most this year mate had a really good few years prior but seen to be fucking up pricing a bit tending to go in a bit lower with the economy being fucked but just working to live at minute never progressed in savings also had a wet summer so haven’t really enjoyed work at all this year making changes next year just higher prices and not booking so much in

It

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5517 on: October 12, 2023, 03:55:40 PM »
Distance has nothing to do with court ordered visitation

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5518 on: October 12, 2023, 08:31:13 PM »
Distance has nothing to do with court ordered visitation

I share custody. I have custodial time not visitation. In addition to my custodial time weekends, holidays, and half the summer, I can also attend all his school events and activities like soccer or little league during the week. I can go and watch his practices or games or school plays or whatever after school. I can also attend his games on weekends that are not my custodial time. Our agreement allows me to do all that stuff. However, I cannot practically do that living 4 hours away. Once I move, I will be in the same county and can go to his practices and games as he gets older he will be playing school sports and yes they have games during the week. I would like to go to all of that stuff I may even volunteer to be an assistant coach someday. I can not do that living 4 hours away.

I am also going to have a better gym space and get a new power cage and a lat pulldown and a hammer strength plate loaded incline press maybe even get a proper platform and a belt squat. I don't know but will get a new house and fix it up nice with a better gym. New house, bigger gym, better jobs, more time with my kid. So it's a win, win, win, situation. I can still stay at my moms anytime I want to come to the beach for free. Location we are looking at is about 3 hours from the beach as it is on east side of Raleigh and he lives on the West side with his Mom. My wives older daughter is in private boarding school there now so we will also be able to attend more of her games next year as well. Kind of excited about it to be honest

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #5519 on: October 13, 2023, 02:36:59 AM »
I share custody. I have custodial time not visitation. In addition to my custodial time weekends, holidays, and half the summer, I can also attend all his school events and activities like soccer or little league during the week. I can go and watch his practices or games or school plays or whatever after school. I can also attend his games on weekends that are not my custodial time. Our agreement allows me to do all that stuff. However, I cannot practically do that living 4 hours away. Once I move, I will be in the same county and can go to his practices and games as he gets older he will be playing school sports and yes they have games during the week. I would like to go to all of that stuff I may even volunteer to be an assistant coach someday. I can not do that living 4 hours away.

I am also going to have a better gym space and get a new power cage and a lat pulldown and a hammer strength plate loaded incline press maybe even get a proper platform and a belt squat. I don't know but will get a new house and fix it up nice with a better gym. New house, bigger gym, better jobs, more time with my kid. So it's a win, win, win, situation. I can still stay at my moms anytime I want to come to the beach for free. Location we are looking at is about 3 hours from the beach as it is on east side of Raleigh and he lives on the West side with his Mom. My wives older daughter is in private boarding school there now so we will also be able to attend more of her games next year as well. Kind of excited about it to be honest
Word Salad Of Peace

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #5520 on: October 13, 2023, 04:53:32 AM »

Will the Kitty Hawk orphanage be shut down? Or relocated to Raleigh?

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5521 on: October 13, 2023, 04:57:17 AM »

still cant trust himself to go to a gym like most people.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #5522 on: October 13, 2023, 05:27:23 AM »
Bhanky,
Will you have a pool table at the new place?
Where will you store the racecars?

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #5523 on: October 13, 2023, 05:40:37 AM »
Chest / Press / Tri's (doing this 2x a week (starting this week):

Bench - 8 sets (just went up to 305 for a single)
Close grips - 5 sets
JM Press - 5 sets
Smith Inclines - 5 sets

Smith skull-crushers - 5 sets
Lying tricep extensions (d-bell) - 5 sets
Dips - 5 sets

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5524 on: October 13, 2023, 05:42:40 AM »
still cant trust himself to go to a gym like most people.

You are fucking stupid I prefer training at home.