Author Topic: NO BULLSHIT TRAINING THREAD..........JUST TRAINING !  (Read 390485 times)

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
Re: NO BULLSHIT TRAINING THREAD..........JUST TRAINING !
« Reply #6800 on: November 19, 2023, 05:26:39 PM »
Have we scared BHank into wearing socks?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #6801 on: November 19, 2023, 05:27:38 PM »
Good idea bhanks, gaining weight tends to help with joint pain.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #6802 on: November 19, 2023, 05:51:49 PM »
If your hurting at 226 your chemistry is off, its not that your too small.

Pain is related to deficiencies not bodyweight
A

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #6803 on: November 19, 2023, 05:58:18 PM »

Would that be mental deficiencies?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #6804 on: November 19, 2023, 05:59:03 PM »

I am waisting away due to deficiencies and in pain from lack of nutrients and rest I am not recovering due to lack of calories and vitamins. I am going to try to increase the calories and start adding vitamins took B12 again today. I was too lean from being run down.

Honestly I don’t even care what it looks like GymRat said I am going to feel better at 245lbs a little fluffier he identified I was getting too stringy too run down and lean and I noticed I was tired all the time. Therefore I am going to try and get the calories and nutrients back up to survival levels. I think 245 would be much healthier but just turned the ship around.

Joswift will say I am fat and it is water blah blah blah sitting 226lbs before bed still showing abs. Extra rest and some carbs last few days are helping I was getting overtrained and run down losing weight

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6805 on: November 19, 2023, 06:04:21 PM »
Bhanky,
It's all in your head.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #6806 on: November 19, 2023, 06:59:28 PM »
True master of the cocoon of nutrients .

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #6807 on: November 19, 2023, 07:17:39 PM »
Was planning to squat but been thinking about my weight and overtraining and being tired and decided just to hit 5 sets of leg extensions and eat additional carbs take more B vitamins then squat again next week. I have been trying to increase the calories and rest the last couple days as low energy too lean and in too much pain. I think adding some additional weight might help my energy and joints and recovery.

Brian, what pain are your currently experiencing? Have you tried THC based  pain killers to help ?

Do you think 220 ish is putting you into organ failure?

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #6808 on: November 19, 2023, 07:24:23 PM »

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #6809 on: November 19, 2023, 07:26:58 PM »
Bhanky,
It's all in your head.

Nothing gets through his thick deformed cranium.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #6810 on: November 19, 2023, 07:39:01 PM »
I am waisting away due to deficiencies and in pain from lack of nutrients and rest I am not recovering due to lack of calories and vitamins. I am going to try to increase the calories and start adding vitamins took B12 again today. I was too lean from being run down.

Honestly I don’t even care what it looks like GymRat said I am going to feel better at 245lbs a little fluffier he identified I was getting too stringy too run down and lean and I noticed I was tired all the time. Therefore I am going to try and get the calories and nutrients back up to survival levels. I think 245 would be much healthier but just turned the ship around.

Joswift will say I am fat and it is water blah blah blah sitting 226lbs before bed still showing abs. Extra rest and some carbs last few days are helping I was getting overtrained and run down losing weight

Agreed

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6811 on: November 20, 2023, 02:35:38 AM »
Brian and Em

JackTheRipper

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6812 on: November 20, 2023, 02:54:25 AM »
Zercher squats (SS) with stiff legged deads for 1 hour non stop !

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #6813 on: November 20, 2023, 04:05:24 AM »

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6814 on: November 20, 2023, 05:13:47 AM »
Zercher squats (SS) with stiff legged deads for 1 hour non stop !

Good stuff, Jack.

38 returns

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig! BRIAN HANKINS IS TOO SCARED TO PHONE ME
« Reply #6815 on: November 20, 2023, 05:17:21 AM »

I think I speak for us all when I say I hope it is something serious- perhaps a terminal illness?
B

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #6816 on: November 20, 2023, 05:22:33 AM »
added another 1 1/2 inches to my pecs but delt and ass size stayed the same ???

didn't measure arms legs or waist

my waist was 29 1/2 and it got up to 32 but lately it's been staying at 31 1/2

goal is to shrink it back down to 28-28 1/2 while keeping pec, delt, arm, leg, ass size 8) 8) 8)

tomorrow is low rep 3-6 hammer decline, hammer overhead press, floor press and top range pulldown, then high rep 8-12 leg press, leg ext

pretty sure i'll blow all dat shit outta da water but we'lls see...

many jootube gym bros claim you need less gear when on a cal surplus but they're still running 1.5+ grams of gear as thier low dose  ???

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6817 on: November 20, 2023, 05:27:47 AM »
added another 1 1/2 inches to my pecs but delt and ass size stayed the same ???

didn't measure arms legs or waist

my waist was 29 1/2 and it got up to 32 but lately it's been staying at 31 1/2

goal is to shrink it back down to 28-28 1/2 while keeping pec, delt, arm, leg, ass size 8) 8) 8)

tomorrow is low rep 3-6 hammer decline, hammer overhead press, floor press and top range pulldown, then high rep 8-12 leg press, leg ext

pretty sure i'll blow all dat shit outta da water but we'lls see...

many jootube gym bros claim you need less gear when on a cal surplus but they're still running 1.5+ grams of gear as thier low dose  ???

28 1/2 waist?

What are you...4'10"?

How much do you weigh?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #6818 on: November 20, 2023, 05:30:20 AM »

I think I speak for us all when I say I hope it is something serious- perhaps a terminal illness?

Funny thing your previous post actually got me thinking. You were talking about how you were run down and planning to switch to eod. The thing is everyone wants to brag about their super daily workout but they are just not fully recovering. The lack of recovery creates a cumulative deficit. Everyone is just overtrained then wonders why they are not making the gains they want.

If you are eating 10k calories a day sleeping 10 hours a night and properly managing your hormones then yes sure you can push harder. However, for most of us in the real world more rest is needed. Tom Platz said he was only squatting every other week. The beating on the CNS from going balls to the wall all the time is just too much.

I really think 3-4 days a week is plenty. Additionally, if you need to take an extra day or 2 to just eat and sleep go for it. Sometimes now even if it is a training day I think wait how is my weight how tired am I? Have I fully recovered? Is hitting the muscle again today the best plan or would I be better off eating 2 extra meals and taking an afternoon nap?

You don't need to get through everything every 7 days if it takes 9 days or if you want to take a week off a certain muscle group it is ok. You can have maintenance workouts on multiple muscle groups and pic 1 or 2 to push hard that week.

I know everyone says don't be lazy train hard and I am fully for hard training however I also recognize that my body doesn't always recover in the same time frame.  We need to be flexible and get a little more rest as we age if you are not stoked to lift eat a meal and take a nap instead and wait until you are stoked to lift.

IroNat

• Getbig V
« Reply #6819 on: November 20, 2023, 05:34:31 AM »
Funny thing your previous post actually got me thinking. You were talking about how you were run down and planning to switch to eod. The thing is everyone wants to brag about their super daily workout but they are just not fully recovering. The lack of recovery creates a cumulative deficit. Everyone is just overtrained then wonders why they are not making the gains they want.

If you are eating 10k calories a day sleeping 10 hours a night and properly managing your hormones then yes sure you can push harder. However, for most of us in the real world more rest is needed. Tom Platz said he was only squatting every other week. The beating on the CNS from going balls to the wall all the time is just too much.

I really think 3-4 days a week is plenty. Additionally, if you need to take an extra day or 2 to just eat and sleep go for it. Sometimes now even if it is a training day I think wait how is my weight how tired am I? Have I fully recovered? Is hitting the muscle again today the best plan or would I be better off eating 2 extra meals and taking an afternoon nap?

You don't need to get through everything every 7 days if it takes 9 days or if you want to take a week off a certain muscle group it is ok. You can have maintenance workouts on multiple muscle groups and pic 1 or 2 to push hard that week.

I know everyone says don't be lazy train hard and I am fully for hard training however I also recognize that my body doesn't always recover in the same time frame.  We need to be flexible and get a little more rest as we age if you are not stoked to lift eat a meal and take a nap instead and wait until you are stoked to lift.

Good post, Bhanky.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #6820 on: November 20, 2023, 05:40:43 AM »
Being the cripple that I am (for the last 2 years) I went into heavy back spasm on SAT, LOL  ::)
I'm telling ya, falling apart at the seams. **shrug**. So a nice/easy back session this AM (no deadlifts)...

Back:

Nautilus Pullovers - 5 sets
Iso-Laterals Rows - 5 sets
Lat Pulls - 5 sets
Behind Back Smith-Shrugs - 5 sets
Rear Delt / Upper Back Machine - 5 sets
Face-Pulls (rope) - 5 sets

Seated D-Bell Curls - 4 sets

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #6821 on: November 20, 2023, 05:44:16 AM »

I'm with ya... For me, 4 days I think is perfect, even though I go five... Its more for my mental well-being. And arms are a pretty small muscle-group so that extra day I do arms, doesnt tax me. I also pretty much do the every other week thing. Like one week I DL heavy, the following week I will SQ heavy. Doing them both just runs me down, destroys my back...

I feel I get plenty of rest (9-10 hrs of awesome sleep per night (thank you "gummies"), sit all day for work)...

tatoo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6822 on: November 20, 2023, 05:50:58 AM »
been doing a 4 on/3 off split for the last month... chest,delts.....legs....back... arms...

38 returns

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig! BRIAN HANKINS IS TOO SCARED TO PHONE ME
« Reply #6823 on: November 20, 2023, 06:00:59 AM »
I'm sticking with EOD training. I thought I was looking flat and tired- but with the rest my weights are going up.

Rest is key for me now

I'm going to try to adds some size over the coming months- Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar first half April. Then have a holiday for 10 days. Then back for a 16 week cut- for no reason other than to see how it goes. Keeping the pharmacology simple, nutrition basic and rest plenty.
B

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #6824 on: November 20, 2023, 06:28:28 AM »
28 1/2 waist?

What are you...4'10"?

How much do you weigh?

now i'm a buck 67 when it was 29 1/2 buck 53

goal is to be buck 65-75 with 28 1/2 waist 17 inch arm 48 inch chest and 54 inch delt

measured my arm, leg and waist and all are down 1/2 inch good for waist not so much for arm and leg :D :D :D

gonna keep going with the current gig and if they leg and arm and delt don't grow i'll make adjustments

i'll re-asses in another 3-4 weeks (if the training loads don't increase then its coz i didn't increase them, but if they do increase (which i'm cock sure they will) and i still didn't grow arm, leg or delt size then i'll have to make the proper adjustments, too bad i can't make a phone consult with big bad mentzer  :D :D :D