Author Topic: NO longer a FST-7 virgin!  (Read 5928 times)

regmac

• Getbig V
NO longer a FST-7 virgin!
« on: December 04, 2009, 07:11:47 PM »
For the past two weeks after reading the latest FLEX, I decided to go Hany's system a try. I've been training Yates style for the past 15 years. So the last lifts for 7 sets felt like a marathon never ending.   I am totally pumped up this offseason and looking fwd to 2010.
((-::

IronIsLife

• Getbig I
Re: NO longer a FST-7 virgin!
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 06:17:00 AM »
I too have decided to jump on the bandwagon and give it a try. I have found that the "sevens" at the end of the workout really give quite a burn and train the glycolitic elements of the muscle quite hard.

I do think this might make new demands that my muscles aren't used to and are almost certainly the drivers for why so many people seem to like the system. Most likely, it also helps with adding capillary density and thus improves long term gains because recuperation probably improves.

Keep us updated on your progress!

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 02:30:40 PM »
I too have decided to jump on the bandwagon and give it a try. I have found that the "sevens" at the end of the workout really give quite a burn and train the glycolitic elements of the muscle quite hard.

I do think this might make new demands that my muscles aren't used to and are almost certainly the drivers for why so many people seem to like the system. Most likely, it also helps with adding capillary density and thus improves long term gains because recuperation probably improves.

Keep us updated on your progress!

I seem to go with what's the latest system   In the 80's (Haney era) it was all about pyramids 15 -12-10-8-8 etc  etc....then the 90's (Dorian era)  little sets-heavy duty training...and now the FTS-7 seems to be something I want to adapt to.    Can't wait to see what the new system will be.   

bodybuilder1234

• Getbig IV
  • Manny Pacquiao KO Floyd 1
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 05:31:11 PM »
what is this FST-7 workout program u speak off? Surely just volume training?

Whats so special bout that?

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 05:56:00 AM »
fst-7 is shit, crappy dodo.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 02:08:40 PM »
what is this FST-7 workout program u speak off? Surely just volume training?

Whats so special bout that?
Something new.  Nuff said.

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 02:52:41 PM »
Something new.  Nuff said.

nothing new about it.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 03:45:40 PM »
nothing new about it.
New to me  and many others. If its NOT new to you and you don't care, DON'T RESPOND!!!! >:(

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 03:48:04 PM »
New to me  and many others. If its NOT new to you and you don't care, DON'T RESPOND!!!! >:(

uhh..its nothing more than a few uncessary pump sets and does jack shit. for naturals it add uncessary volume and is actually counterproductive.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 03:50:06 PM »
uhh..its nothing more than a few uncessary pump sets and does jack shit. for naturals it add uncessary volume and is actually counterproductive.

It got Cutler his title back. 

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 03:55:46 PM »

dont be so naive, FST-7 had nothing to do with cutler winning the mr olympia.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 04:04:46 PM »
dont be so naive, FST-7 had nothing to do with cutler winning the mr olympia.
It had plenty to do with his improvements.  He admitted Hany had him doing things he never wanted to do.   It added to SPARK to get him going.   I believe its more of a short term thing like all the other training techniques.   Just something new for now. My message goes out to those who have concidderred using it but wasn't sure to go ahead and give it a shot for 5 weeks or so. just like all other training tech'q's   Something new!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2009, 05:19:40 AM »
Been doing it myself for about 6 weeks now ready to go the next stage. Personally I like it, structured, lifts been going up and am definitely like the changes I am subtly seeing in my body.

www.fst-7.com

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 07:43:30 PM »
Been doing it myself for about 6 weeks now ready to go the next stage. Personally I like it, structured, lifts been going up and am definitely like the changes I am subtly seeing in my body.

www.fst-7.com
Sounds good. :D

IronIsLife

• Getbig I
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 09:19:08 PM »
I really like all of these "hot, new training styles" that gain a lot of attention now and then. Part of bodybuilding is change and I got a hell of a lot out of Doggcrapp training two years ago when I decided to bite the bullet and try it.

I still use it several times a year and the slower negatives really create a lot of muscle damage.

I think that following a "system" forces you to do things differently than you normally do and to step outside of your comfort zone.

And as we all know - that is where the growth is.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2010, 12:20:39 PM »
I'm a stngh coach for an up and comming tennis player and use all different techniques to improve her play.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 06:49:06 PM »
dieting and training for real got the title back

Stavios

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 08:41:06 PM »
sounds gay

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 05:08:45 PM »
dieting and training for real got the title back
No one trains harder and diets harder than J CUTLER!!!!

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 02:22:19 PM »
I did the program for about 2 months, good gains in both size and lifts then ruptured my Achilles Tendon and all lower half training was put on hold but I definitely recommend the program!

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 02:46:58 PM »
I did the program for about 2 months, good gains in both size and lifts then ruptured my Achilles Tendon and all lower half training was put on hold but I definitely recommend the program!
Sorry about the injury. It feels like my heel is headed in the same direction. But till then, I will continue training calves.