Author Topic: Coop Builds a Shed Gym  (Read 3056 times)

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
Re: Coop Builds a Shed Gym
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2020, 01:29:56 AM »
Check the price on those dumbbells he shows.

https://baadass.com/

Dude is over-the-top advertising for these equipment sellers.

$75 for a 45 lb plate? I had no idea they were so expensive.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2020, 01:39:03 AM »
if that were true then why did he bother building all those machines

Arthur Jones said a lot of nutty things and I'm fairly certain he couldn't do a single one arm chin

I was thinking the exact same thing and don't remember Jone's ever saying that, and I think I've read everything he wrote. The whole purpose for the Nautilus Pullover, the first machine he built, was he didn't believe you could train the lats hard enough because your arms, your biceps, were the weak link. This small muscle failed much sooner than the larger back muscles. I always get a good pump in my arms and they give out a lot sooner than my back when doing pull-ups. I have long arms and only do pull-ups because I consider it a "functional" exercise and don't consider it a back exercise since for me it's all arms that do the main work and feel nothing in the back.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2020, 01:40:38 AM »
I've converted half of my garage into a gym when covid hit.  It's been nice, just convenient to step in there and work out without having to drive anywhere. Also convenient to be closer to family and whatnot.  I've been having some excellent work outs but I do have to be quieter since I train early in the morning at 430 and the kids rooms are right above the garage.  I do miss what now  feels like endless variety in the gym, but I'm grateful to be able to do something that many may not have the space or ability to do.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2021, 06:54:45 PM »
The 10 Home Gym Essentials According to Coop