Author Topic: Mike Mentzer - Discussion  (Read 421020 times)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: Mike Mentzer - Discussion
« Reply #1675 on: December 08, 2023, 11:48:24 AM »
If you're Mentzer-ized you become Homo-Genius. Royalty is a good example.

Why the anger towards Mentzer??

Please help the board understand your anger.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1676 on: December 08, 2023, 11:50:18 AM »
Imagine: you're a young budding bodybuilder circa 1982. You've just moved to California as you are on the verge of your pro-card and you want to train in the mecca and get on some magazine covers, work on your tan at the beach and slay pussy.

You look forward to your workouts everyday. You hope to see Platz, or Haney, or maybe even Arnokd or Lou might be there! Theres that super hot gym bunny that im going to pound later. Fuck life is great....You walk into Golds gym and life was never better.

You're 10 minutes into your workout when you notice the Mentzer Brothers walking in your direction with the utmost seriousness and grim expressions on their faces...

You think to yourself " oh fuck not these two assholes again! What the fuck? I wish they'd leave me alone. There's Ray wearing that musty old nautilus tee shirt again. He creeps me out. He just stands behind Mike nodding menacingly and Mike is going to lecture me on volume training. He's doing the bad Art Jones imitation again. Shit, is he wearing that Heavy Duty tank top? He hasn't changed it in a month! Fuck here it comes. What a buzz kill. Yesterday the guy spent 3 hours telling me I shouldn't be in the gym longer than 45 minutes and no more than 3 times in a week. That asshole is here every fucking day. And he never paid me back that 20 I lent him."

Please help us understand your sudden resentment towards Mentzer.

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #1677 on: December 08, 2023, 12:13:37 PM »
Please help us understand your sudden resentment towards Mentzer.

It's not anger.... it's humor. It's in jest. It's humorous because it's absurd how much it gets talked about 40 odd years later. It's mockery, satire.

You know how when a joke is told and there's that one guy who looks puzzled because he's too dumb to 'get it'? Well... that guy is you. Sorry.

Geeeee, you're dumb.
(Rarely has a movie quote been so appropriate)

BTW, you're getting trounced here. You look like garbage next to me and your wits aren't holding up too well either. Again, sorry.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1678 on: December 08, 2023, 12:21:19 PM »
Geeeee, you're dumb.
(Rarely has a movie quote been so appropriate)

BTW, you're getting trounced here. You look like garbage next to me and your wits aren't holding up too well either. Again, sorry.

Again... more bitterness

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1679 on: December 08, 2023, 12:22:25 PM »
Quick question Beakdoctor... why did RMJ11 suddenly stop posting?

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1680 on: December 08, 2023, 01:22:56 PM »
Quick question Beakdoctor... why did RMJ11 suddenly stop posting?

I guess you'd have to ask him.

If you really want to, go ahead and ask a mod if we use the same ip address.

But , seriously,  are you that dim? Do you really think it's just too difficult to post under 2 different usernames? Like it's an impossible task?

"By jove! My powers powers of deductive reasoning have incontrovertibly concluded that BD and Rmj are in fact one in the same."

Royalty, what makes you say that?

"Well, once I began my idiotic fued with BD. It became clear: Rmj wasn't posting. Only a Mentzer level Genius IQ could post under 2 usernames. How else?"

Ohhh you are a shrewd devil, Peasantry, very clever indeed. What a wizard you are.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1681 on: December 08, 2023, 01:38:23 PM »
I guess you'd have to ask him.

If you really want to, go ahead and ask a mod if we use the same ip address.

But , seriously,  are you that dim? Do you really think it's just too difficult to post under 2 different usernames? Like it's an impossible task?

"By jove! My powers powers of deductive reasoning have incontrovertibly concluded that BD and Rmj are in fact one in the same."

Royalty, what makes you say that?

"Well, once I began my idiotic fued with BD. It became clear: Rmj wasn't posting. Only a Mentzer level Genius IQ could post under 2 usernames. How else?"

Ohhh you are a shrewd devil, Peasantry, very clever indeed. What a wizard you are.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #1682 on: December 09, 2023, 07:25:37 AM »
 ;D

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1683 on: December 09, 2023, 12:57:08 PM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #1684 on: December 09, 2023, 03:35:20 PM »
 :)

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1685 on: December 09, 2023, 03:38:55 PM »
Undeveloped back, small arms with no peak, fat ass giving that bottom heavy look. Small wonder he came 5th.  :)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1686 on: December 11, 2023, 02:26:49 AM »
Humble Narcissist = Bevo = AbrahamG = Rmj11 = Beakdoctor = INCEL

Rmj11

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1687 on: December 11, 2023, 11:20:31 AM »
ROYALTY = ROYALTY = ROYALTY = ROYALTY = ROYALTY = INCEL

😉

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1688 on: December 11, 2023, 01:33:54 PM »
Mike had a world class physique

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1689 on: December 11, 2023, 01:36:23 PM »
Mike had a world class physique

And a world class mind

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1690 on: December 11, 2023, 01:40:05 PM »
And a world class mind

Yes , Yet this appears to anger & annoy some on here 🙄

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #1691 on: December 11, 2023, 02:20:41 PM »
;D

looks pretty fucking awesome there, never did get the mentzer hate on here, he was one of the few guys who made money back then a great writer and he looked good

oldschoolfan

• Getbig V
« Reply #1692 on: December 11, 2023, 02:24:41 PM »
And a world class mind

exactly you could read a article bye him and it made you think he looked awesome as well

joe weider thought highly of him and was paying him 150 k a year in the early 80's ever after all of mikes problems joe let him advertise for free in his magazines something he never did for anyone else.

i was saddened when mike died.  he will always be my favorite bodybuilder

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #1693 on: December 11, 2023, 04:01:23 PM »

Rambone

• Getbig V
  • “Billy’s taking Art? What the hell for?”
« Reply #1694 on: December 11, 2023, 04:08:21 PM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #1695 on: December 11, 2023, 04:11:50 PM »

did art inspire mentzer or menzter inspire art ???

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1696 on: December 11, 2023, 10:51:19 PM »
And a world class mind

And a world class closet case for his biggest fan. Fucking weirdo.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #1697 on: December 12, 2023, 03:41:13 AM »
He was no Mark Dugdale.

bigbychoices

• Getbig III
« Reply #1698 on: December 12, 2023, 06:07:39 AM »
Weider let all the "top" guys advertise for free in the magazines. He did that instead of paying them. He let them sell courses shirts advice etc. Yes Mike got paid for writing articles but so did everyone else who wrote articles!!  And most were just "ghost" writers.   Weider was looking for a person to sell mags and supplements and other bs. Mentzer had a gimmick and joe needed something. It was not much different then the whole "machines vs free weights" thing. Joe used both to sell mags supps workout stuff etc. Without big guys and bifg names he needed something to get more sales. Blacks didnt sell the mags ( his words) and little people ( zane ) didn't either. Mike wasnt big but he caused controvery . That didnt really work either. So then weider started putting celebrities on the covers and went more "fitness"  hence from "muscle builder power" to "muscle and fitness". More supplement companies were coming along more magazines etc but he always had Arnold. Arnold was always loyal to those that helped him. Weider, joe gold reg park etc. When weider needed a boost in sales he put Arnold on the cover. Worked EVERY time. Mentzer couldnt sell firewood to an eskimo.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #1699 on: December 12, 2023, 06:40:13 AM »
Weider let all the "top" guys advertise for free in the magazines. He did that instead of paying them. He let them sell courses shirts advice etc. Yes Mike got paid for writing articles but so did everyone else who wrote articles!!  And most were just "ghost" writers.   Weider was looking for a person to sell mags and supplements and other bs. Mentzer had a gimmick and joe needed something. It was not much different then the whole "machines vs free weights" thing. Joe used both to sell mags supps workout stuff etc. Without big guys and bifg names he needed something to get more sales. Blacks didnt sell the mags ( his words) and little people ( zane ) didn't either. Mike wasnt big but he caused controvery . That didnt really work either. So then weider started putting celebrities on the covers and went more "fitness"  hence from "muscle builder power" to "muscle and fitness". More supplement companies were coming along more magazines etc but he always had Arnold. Arnold was always loyal to those that helped him. Weider, joe gold reg park etc. When weider needed a boost in sales he put Arnold on the cover. Worked EVERY time. Mentzer couldnt sell firewood to an eskimo.

Thanks for your explanation INCEL