Author Topic: Blair has completely lost his mind -- going after problem kids "pre-birth"  (Read 9293 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Blair to tackle problem kids "pre-birth"

Tony Blair has unveiled a provocative campaign to crack down on future problem children before they are even born.

He set out plans for massively increased state intervention in the homes of 'nuisance' families to tackle anti-social behaviour.

In a desperate attempt to show that his premiership has not run out of steam despite increasing demands from Labour MPs for him to step down, he said 'pre-birth' action would be taken if necessary.

The plan for what were promptly dubbed 'Fasbos' - anti- social behaviour orders for foetuses - prompted outrage at Westminster last night. Critics dubbed it the ultimate encroachment of the nanny state into the home. Labour MPs fear that Mr Blair, who yesterday was still refusing to publish a detailed timetable for his departure, is trying to shackle his expected successor Gordon Brown to contentious policies in the dying days of his regime.

But the Prime Minister insisted it was right to force teenage mothers to accept state help even before their children were born - and insisted the reforms would continue 'long after I'm gone'. He highlighted young single mothers as being a particular cause for concern.

'If we are not prepared to predict and intervene far more early, children are going to grow up in families that we know perfectly well are completely dysfunctional,' he said. 'The kids a few years down the line are going to be a menace to society and actually a threat to themselves.'

Mr Blair, who held a seminar on 'social exclusion' with ministers this week, is due to make what Downing Street claims will be a 'keynote' speech on the issue next week.

A Government policy paper is expected to follow. But in an interview with the BBC, the Prime Minister gave a taste of what was to come and defended the need for increasing state intervention.

'I think we need to deal with these particular issues and intervene at a very early stage,' he said. 'If you've got someone who is a teenage mum, not married, not in a stable relationship, here is the support we are prepared to offer you, but we do need to keep a careful watch on you and how your situation is developing because all the indicators are that your type of situation can lead to problems in the future.

'What I'm really talking about now are a group of people that maybe have multiple problems who we need to identify far earlier.'

Mr Blair admitted that previous Government policy - including the flagship New Deal and Sure Start programmes and huge extra investment in the schools - 'really hasn't helped' some families. 'It's really a mark of the fact that as you move on you develop policy,' he said. 'And the policies that have worked enormously well, like the children's tax credit and the New Deal and Sure Start, have helped hundreds of thousands, millions of people, but you've always got to be looking at the next stage.'

The Prime Minister expressed breezy confidence that the reforms would outlast his time in Downing Street.

'For us as a party and a government, this is something we are passionate about, that we have developed for a number of years and will continue long after I've gone. I think most sensible people, whatever their political persuasion, will say, yes, this is a debate we need to have. And I'm confident enough we can lead people to the point at which they say OK, maybe we do have to intervene in that way.'

Downing Street was, however, unable to provide any further details of specific policy pledges based on Mr Blair's plan, or any extra funding.

Shami Chakrabarti, director of the civil rights group Liberty, said: 'Every civilised society has to make choices about how to deal with the struggle of parenthood. One approach is about support and education - the other Big Brother approach leads to a place that's almost unthinkable.

'No doubt some people are likely to make better parents than others. But before children are even born, we should reflect on who is the best judge of that.'

Tory policy chief Oliver Letwin said: 'Trying to improve conditions for those living in disadvantaged situations is a real challenge, but the answer is not more state intervention and yet more bureaucracy.

'The only realistic way forward lies with social enterprise, charities and voluntary groups. It is no good the Government simply trying to run people's lives.'

Norman Lamb, chief of staff to Liberal Democrat leader Sir Menzies Campbell, said: 'Empty threats to pregnant mothers will do little to restore confidence in a government that has failed to tackle poverty, crime and social exclusion for nine years.'

Earlier this year, Home Office minister Hazel Blears - who has no children of her own - was revealed to be considering plans to send an army of state nannies into the homes of problem families.

In an echo of the reality TV show Supernanny, specially-trained social workers would be assigned to nuisance children and their parents.

They would be able to intervene in everything from ensuring the children are fed properly to how parents manage their household budgets.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=403106&in_page_id=1766&ito=1490

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: Blair has completely lost his mind -- going after problem kids "pre-birth"
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 12:29:45 PM »
give me a fu#$ing break. and I thought Bush was an idiot.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 06:42:14 PM »
on one hand it's disturbing on the other hand there are some people that shouldn't be able to breed

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 06:47:39 PM »
on one hand it's disturbing on the other hand there are some people that shouldn't be able to breed
Can we start with guys like this?

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 06:50:19 PM »
whatever you want.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2006, 06:53:19 PM »
whatever you want.
I get to be "The Decider"  ;D

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 08:59:48 PM »
wait, hold on...can i be a co-decider?  Just need to cover my ass incase i do something stupid!

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 02:10:29 AM »
It's just more "tough talk" from a P.M on his last legs. He likes to propose legislation and schemes like this so that it sounds like he is cracking down on anti-social behaviour, when in reality it will never make it on to the statute books. He did it before with ID cards and giving the police powers to take drunken trouble makers to ATMs for instant fines, neither amounted to anything.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 03:35:52 AM »
Berserker,
Don't forget the introduction of surveillance cameras into private homes. Orwellian or what?  :o
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2006, 05:19:29 AM »
wait, hold on...can i be a co-decider?  Just need to cover my ass incase i do something stupid!
lol, sure!  You can be a co-decider in the Booty-Quada Network  ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2006, 05:31:37 AM »
Berserker,
Don't forget the introduction of surveillance cameras into private homes. Orwellian or what?  :o
I know of the story where the guys were using the cameras to look into homes in the UK, is there more?  Apparently there's soon to be in America ::)

Police chief wants surveillance cameras in Houston apartments

http://www.kten.com/Global/story.asp?S=4508858

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 05:35:52 AM »
My favorite is from one Alex Jones Documentary.  One British woman proclaims that she's quite happy to give up her Liberty for Freedom... No shit LOL... Must be Nordic's Mom ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 05:40:08 AM »
It's just more "tough talk" from a P.M on his last legs. He likes to propose legislation and schemes like this so that it sounds like he is cracking down on anti-social behaviour, when in reality it will never make it on to the statute books. He did it before with ID cards and giving the police powers to take drunken trouble makers to ATMs for instant fines, neither amounted to anything.
Ah... But if you go back years you will find things established in the UK today that were shot down in the past... That's the way they do it.  By the time this kind of crap happens, it probably won't seem like much in the bigger picture of where the country will be by then. 

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2006, 05:47:24 AM »
My favorite is from one Alex Jones Documentary.  One British woman proclaims that she's quite happy to give up her Liberty for Freedom... No shit LOL... Must be Nordic's Mom ;D

Translation:
"When I was a child I sometimes touched the family dog. One time during my experimentations it got highly aroused. I was wearing my spiderman pajamas. The dog mounted me and in my curiosity I slipped them off, and it thrusted it's cock in my 11 year old ass. To my embarrassment it knotted with me (and filled me up like a water balloon) and my mother caught me. This 'experiment' cost me the use of my external sphincters in my anus, and to this day my anus continually seeps feces." - Berserker
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2006, 07:11:36 AM »
Translation:
"When I was a child I sometimes touched the family dog. One time during my experimentations it got highly aroused. I was wearing my spiderman pajamas. The dog mounted me and in my curiosity I slipped them off, and it thrusted it's cock in my 11 year old ass. To my embarrassment it knotted with me (and filled me up like a water balloon) and my mother caught me. This 'experiment' cost me the use of my external sphincters in my anus, and to this day my anus continually seeps feces." - Berserker
Save your redrocket fantasies for someone else you illiterate dipshit.  You owned yourself and now you're resorting to disgusting BS in a sad attempt to save face...   ::) ASSCLOWN

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2006, 07:12:35 AM »
Save your redrocket fantasies for someone else you illiterate dipshit.  You owned yourself and now you're resorting to disgusting BS in a sad attempt to save face...   ::) ASSCLOWN

I love you. You're a vicious little fucker. Fancy enrolling on some fresh crusades with me?
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2006, 07:30:36 AM »
I love you. You're a vicious little fucker. Fancy enrolling on some fresh crusades with me?
Ok... Let go!

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2006, 08:10:03 AM »
lol, sure!  You can be a co-decider in the Booty-Quada Network  ;D

Excellent!  May the asses be round and plentiful