Author Topic: Serge Nubret is here  (Read 694401 times)

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
Re: Serge Nubret is here
« Reply #500 on: January 01, 2007, 10:01:23 PM »
Here is a pic of me in the national UK newspaper called the daily Mail on my 70th birthday.  I know more about what went on in the 60's and 70's than you kids would care to know but I will start my own thread and answer honestly if you want.

Hi Jimmy, you still look good.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #501 on: January 01, 2007, 10:03:37 PM »
Serge, no offense intended.  I'm just doubtful of almost everything that I read in bb mags and now the boards.

You are like saint THOMAS

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #502 on: January 01, 2007, 10:10:46 PM »
Bonjour Serge.
I have always admired your physique since I was a young child.Very few bb'ers have nicknames that suit their physique but yours of Black Panther I always felt fit you to a "t".Awesome physique that is very pleasing to the eyes in regards to proportion, mass, symmetry etc.
My question to you is what got you involved in bodybuilding & wanting to make your body better then what nature gave you.Arnold's idol was Reg Park.Did you have an idol that you wanted to emulate in bb'ing or did you just learn about training w/weights through another means?Thanks.

When I was a kid, I wanted to be a architect, but my farther did not want, I want me to be an accountant, so I became one, but I followed my dream to be an architect, by being my own one on my body.

Steve REEVES for me was the best bber.

Serge

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #503 on: January 02, 2007, 04:51:19 AM »

Serge

doubtful thomas.

always had an issue with that.

were we not given intelligence to question fact?

if we did not question things we would all be budhist baptist mormon protestant muslim (insert preferred religion here) catholics, jimmy swaggart would rule the world and earth would be flat.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #504 on: January 02, 2007, 08:19:38 AM »

Serge
Does that make you Jesus? 

BTW - Didn't you previously write "But even if I lied, No comparason with what I read today"

If this is your view then why can't you understand a little bit of healthy skepticism on my part?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #505 on: January 02, 2007, 06:15:24 PM »
Serge, I just finished day 2 of the workout that you have listed. The first day I did legs and chest, but I did chest first cause there would have been no way I would have been able to do chest after legs. I kept the rest period at 1 min. Today my chest, front delts and triceps are VERY sore. My quads did not feel too sore today but I realized how sore they were when I did lying leg curls. It actually hurt to lay on them.  :'( ;D

I did back and hamstrings today. I kept the rest peroid at 30 sec on back. I did 26 sets for back total. I would be too embarassed to list the weights that I had used. Anyone who decides to give this a try better check their ego at the door. Tomorrow is shoulders and arms then it starts all over again on Thru. I know my triceps will till be sore tomorrow, but I am sure that this will not always be the case as I adapt to the workload. I have no idea how long I will last on this.  ;D

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #506 on: January 02, 2007, 11:40:14 PM »
Some good insight in what happened back then Serge!

Your book seems to be a Must-Have for every bookshelf.
Q

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #507 on: January 02, 2007, 11:44:47 PM »
doubtful thomas.

always had an issue with that.

were we not given intelligence to question fact?

if we did not question things we would all be budhist baptist mormon protestant muslim (insert preferred religion here) catholics, jimmy swaggart would rule the world and earth would be flat.

In some way you are right, but you should leave some place too for beleiving. "WE NEVER KNOW".

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #508 on: January 02, 2007, 11:49:05 PM »
Does that make you Jesus? 

BTW - Didn't you previously write "But even if I lied, No comparason with what I read today"

If this is your view then why can't you understand a little bit of healthy skepticism on my part?

JESUS said "Everything that I am doing, you can do it too, even bigger one with a litle bit of faith.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #509 on: January 02, 2007, 11:57:54 PM »
Serge, I just finished day 2 of the workout that you have listed. The first day I did legs and chest, but I did chest first cause there would have been no way I would have been able to do chest after legs. I kept the rest period at 1 min. Today my chest, front delts and triceps are VERY sore. My quads did not feel too sore today but I realized how sore they were when I did lying leg curls. It actually hurt to lay on them.  :'( ;D

I did back and hamstrings today. I kept the rest peroid at 30 sec on back. I did 26 sets for back total. I would be too embarassed to list the weights that I I would be too embarassed to list the weights that had used. Anyone who decides to give this a try better check their ego at the door. Tomorrow is shoulders and arms then it starts all over again on Thru. I know my triceps will till be sore tomorrow, but I am sure that this will not always be the case as I adapt to the workload. I have no idea how long I will last on this.  ;D

Well done Discgusting, I know already that you will stick on it. You are right when you said :"I would be too embarassed to list the weights that I I would be too embarassed to list the weights that had used. Anyone who decides to give this a try better check their ego at the door."

This method is reserved only for people who does not have a big EGO, that true, that don't means that I am not strong, because I could do on bench press 225 kg with a body weight of 93 kg, but I used to train with only 70/90 kg.

Serge

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #510 on: January 03, 2007, 08:22:29 AM »
JESUS said "Everything that I am doing, you can do it too, even bigger one with a litle bit of faith.

Serge

Indeed he is supposed to have said that.  I'm working on turning water into wine but so far all I can do is turn wine into water.  Just kidding. Good point actually, even though I'm not a christian.

theonlyone

« Reply #511 on: January 03, 2007, 08:35:26 AM »
Serge you are the man. best wishes from Russia.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #512 on: January 03, 2007, 08:47:23 AM »
In some way you are right, but you should leave some place too for beleiving. "WE NEVER KNOW".

Serge

you are right, "WE NEVER KNOW". thankyou serge for not beating me up with a bible.

a bodybuilding legend + spiritual + open mindedness.

sounds like you really have got it all. ;D

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #513 on: January 03, 2007, 11:08:12 AM »
Indeed he is supposed to have said that.  I'm working on turning water into wine but so far all I can do is turn wine into water.  Just kidding. Good point actually, even though I'm not a christian.

I beleive in JESUS, if he did not existed, who cares, so long that what even if he never said that, that give people hope.

Serge

ThePassion

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #514 on: January 03, 2007, 12:26:33 PM »
Hey Disgusted,

Where is this program at? Is it in this thead, and if it is, what page. Or can u just PM it to me.

Thanx

I did back and hamstrings today. I kept the rest peroid at 30 sec on back. I did 26 sets for back total. I would be too embarassed to list the weights that I had used. Anyone who decides to give this a try better check their ego at the door. Tomorrow is shoulders and arms then it starts all over again on Thru. I know my triceps will till be sore tomorrow, but I am sure that this will not always be the case as I adapt to the workload. I have no idea how long I will last on this.  ;D

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #515 on: January 03, 2007, 12:29:51 PM »

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #516 on: January 03, 2007, 04:46:19 PM »
NO, he did not even try, because maybe he did not want to finish to the hospital.

Serge

Once again, why Serge gets respect on GB...

Tonkin

• Getbig II
« Reply #517 on: January 03, 2007, 11:05:13 PM »
serge your so awesome, love ya man. ;)

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #518 on: January 03, 2007, 11:13:09 PM »
on Wikipedia, but it is in french, someone maybe can translate it in english. MAYBE MONTANA, I know that she speak english.

Of course, I would love to assist. Serge is my hero--the greatest bodybuilder in the world. Here is an english translation of the french wikipedia:

Serge Nubret (Born October 6, 1938 in Anse-Bertrand, north of Grande-Terre, Guadeloupe) is a bodybuilding federation leader, movie actor and more recently book author awarded many bodybuilding titles including Mr. Europe (1966), Mr. Universe (1976) and Mr. World (1977). Serge equally challenged opponent Arnold Schwarzenegger for the title of Mr. Olympia 1975 after having placing third in 1973. His nickname is the black panther.

Youth

Serge Nubret spent his first years in Anse-Bertrand in a community of 7,000 people. He spent nearly 12 years of his life enjoying fresh air playing outdoors before moving with his parents to the region of Paris, France in 1950. He lived thereafter in the community of Joinville-le-Pont, completing his secondary studies before choosing a business program. During his adolesence and young adulthood, he quickly became aware of his exceptional potential for athletics and recalls this reflection in his book I Am…Me and God; in his own words, his dedicating himself to bodybuilding was to become his "reason of being." He explains in his book his destiny of a fixed champion assigned to him by God ["I Am"]. He returned in Guadeloupe in 1958 in order to escape the draft for the algerian war. It was during this period of his life he discovered bodybuilding, which he practiced simultaneously while pursuing business accounting. Bodybuilding was not encouraged by his father at the time who was concerned that it did not have as much potential for financial income as an accounting career.

Bodybuilding Champion and Film Star

Three months after entering the world of bodybuilding, Serge won the title of Mr. Guadeloupe, which he won again the following year as well. He was sent in 1960 to Montreal to show the flag of Guadeloupe in support for his country at the time of the World Championship organized by the IFBB. It was there Nubret was named Most Muscular Man of the World. Returning next to Paris without going to Guadeloupe, he was contacted by the Films Ariane for a role in a Duccio Tessari Italian péplum film called "The Titans" which was released in 1961 and was prelude to a rich career of 25 films:

Le condé, (a.k.a. The Cop) (1970)
Caesar and Rosalie, co-starring Yves Montand (1972)
The Professional, co-starring Jean-Paul Belmondo (1981)

In the 1980s, Serge appeared regularly in 60 episodes of the television series Breakfast Included, with Pierre Mondy and Marie-Christine Barrault, in which he played the role of bodybuilder/gym owner in Paris, a role that mirrors his own biography.

At last, he appeared in the documentary film Pumping Iron, alongside Lou Ferrigno and Arnold Schwarzenegger, a documentary that follows the events occuring before the Mr. Olympia 1975--the preparation for the competition as well as it's final phase. For contract reasons, his part is comparatively brief; certain scenes concerning him could not be put in the movie. But these episodes are discussed further in his book, I am…Me and God.

Athlete and Leader

During the 1970s, Nubret finished third to the Mr. Olympia in 1973 and second in 1975. Vice President of the IFBB Europe of 1970-1975, Nubret then founded the WABBA in 1976. He competed up to 1984, when he won his last title of champion of the world to the WABBA. He caused quite a stir in Gravelines in 2003, when he guest posed at the WABBA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP; he was 65 years old.

List of Bodybuilding Awards

1958: Mr. Guadeloupe
1960: IFBB World Most Muscular Man
1970: NABBA Mister Universe 2nd
1970: IFBB Mr. Europe (Tall)
1972: IFBB Mr. Olympia (3rd place)
1974: IFBB Mr. Olympia (2nd)
1975: IFBB Mr. Olympia (2ND)
1976: Pro NABBA Mr. Universe
1976: WBBG Mr. World (2nd)
1977: WBBG Mr. World
1977: WBBG Mr. Olympus 1981: Pro WABBA World Championships
1982: Pro WABBA World Championships

I am… Me and God

In 2006, 68 year old Serge Nubret wrote his book, I am…Me and God in collaboration with Louis-Xavier Babin-Lachaud. The book is not only autobiographical in nature, but it also includes his personal reflections on his christian faith and mysticism of the author. Through his life narrative, it adopts a definite position on the role of God in this world, on the conflict between destiny and free will and on the illusion of this world. More than an assembly of memories, the book indicates the will to succeed and to follow the way traced by God, love of the "reason to be" author, that is not other than the bodybuilding. A second work, completely autobiographical, is to come.

THANK YOU MONTANA, YOUR TRANSLATION IS PERFECT? SO YOU MUST SPEAK A VERY GOOD FRENCH THEN, I WILL SENT YOU MY PHONE # MAYBE WE COULD SPEAK ON THE PHONE ONE DAY.

SERGE

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #519 on: January 04, 2007, 03:47:06 AM »
Serge come over the History Board.  Nobody can say anything bad there.  Also, if this is the real Serge I am pretty sure any ragging from anyone on here will get them a ban for awhile from Ron.  Serge is way above any kind of "owning" anyone can give him on here.  But, with some of the dummies on here it is sure to come.  Serge is to bodybuilding as Vince G. is to looking like shit.  We need him here

I agree.

Great to have you Mr. Nubret.
HAHA, RON.....

Alex Velickovic

• Getbig II
« Reply #520 on: January 04, 2007, 06:03:09 AM »
Hello Serge,

Its an honour and priviledge to have you posting on getbig.

I do have a question..

Do you keep a training diary? Do you see the benefit of recording work out details?

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #521 on: January 04, 2007, 01:19:31 PM »
I agree.

Great to have you Mr. Nubret.

Thank you.

Serge

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #522 on: January 04, 2007, 01:22:04 PM »
Hello Serge,

Its an honour and priviledge to have you posting on getbig.

I do have a question..

Do you keep a training diary? Do you see the benefit of recording work out details?

No, because I have a very good memory for things that I love, and BBing is what I love the most.

Serge

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #523 on: January 04, 2007, 01:23:05 PM »
Serge,

If you could only choose one exercise for chest, would you choose chest flys or benchpress?

serge nubret

• Pros
  • Getbig III
« Reply #524 on: January 04, 2007, 03:15:32 PM »
Serge,

If you could only choose one exercise for chest, would you choose chest flys or benchpress?

Bench press of course, because it is the basic. It is like squat for legs.

Serge