Author Topic: Just exactly who are these IFBB "Board members"?  (Read 5812 times)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
Re: Just exactly who are these IFBB "Board members"?
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2006, 01:23:30 PM »
Why is Shawn getting more money then the guys who get 4,000 at the Olympia just to speak on a mic.Now that sucks Shawn hope your happy paying you more then guys busting thier asses, to compete

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
  • Been to Hell and back! NEXT!
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2006, 01:30:06 PM »
Wait a minute? Is Shawn mc'ing the O? 

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2006, 01:35:55 PM »
Yeah he is doing something there with Bob and getting more then alot of athletes.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2006, 01:37:22 PM »
Yeah he is doing something there with Bob and getting more then alot of athletes.
IFBB is all screwed up! to screwed up! If i was shawn i'd be embarresed for gods sake
bodybuildersreality.com

Juilette

• Getbig I
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2006, 02:25:43 PM »
Stop this, Joe, Ben and Jim Manion are good people and Wayne does what he thinks is best and his intension is not to compete with the IFBB but to be different, and I am sure that Shawn does this only because he loves the sport and being involved in it. When he makes money with it, so what, at least he is getting something back. Bob also does his best and defend where he stands for and that is what you have to do, I am not one of his favorites (so I should be against him) but I am not, he has my admiration for what he does because I see, and know that it is not easy. 

Try to imagine you where them, what would you do.

I am reading all this and wonder myself, what would you do when you would be Joe, Ben, Jim, Wayne, Bob, Shane or name any person involved in our sport, just imaging yourself in each of these persons, what would you do.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 02:29:01 PM »

I don't have a problem with Shawn being paid a professional fee for performing a professional service.  How much he's being paid is none of my business...unless it's a ridiculously high amount.  ;)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 02:32:27 PM »
I don't have a problem with Shawn being paid a professional fee for performing a professional service.  How much he's being paid is none of my business...unless it's a ridiculously high amount.  ;)

Emceeing an event like the Olympia should pay $2,000 at the most.  Anything more is just "hush" money.They are going to reward the guys who are supporting them.

Juilette

• Getbig I
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2006, 02:44:17 PM »

What would you think is a ridiculous amount. As far as I know the IFBB can hire everybody they want, so why should they pay Shawn a ridiculous amount.

A ridiculous amount to me means that you can hire Arnold to MC, so when the IFBB is willing to pay that much money I am sure they prefer Arnold above Shawn (sorry Shawn but Arnold will drawn more attention).

VIENIO

• Getbig II
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2006, 03:06:30 PM »
""Bob also does his best and defend where he stands for and that is what you have to do""

I agree on the fact that Bob has a stance and defends it, BUT Bob can't have a stance on many issues, the guy is an athletes rep, therefore if somebody has an issue that goes against Bobs, will he support that athlete? Maybe, but then there is a conflict of interest resulting in Bob doing a half assed job bringing that issue up at a meeting.  The guy should not have a stance, he should be open minded.  Also, he should keep many opinions to himself, since athletes with different opinions wont even bother asking Bob to help them.  Just look at Lee's case, since he doesnt agree with Lee, he doesnt support Lee in any way.  CONFLICT OF INTEREST

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2006, 03:13:56 PM »
Just look at Lee's case, since he doesnt agree with Lee, he doesnt support Lee in any way.  CONFLICT OF INTEREST

Bob doesn't want anyone telling him how to do his job, but he should be doing everything in his power to make sure that ALL Olympia-qualified athletes are on that stage this weekend. 

Simply writing this off as "Well, Lee broke the 'rules' knowing what would happen" is poppycock. 

How cool would it be if AMI had to refund all those fan ticket sales because no one showed up to compete?  They'd likely have to refund a lot of sponsors' contributions, too.  That sure would shake things up a bit, I bet.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2006, 03:19:47 PM »
Stop this, Joe, Ben and Jim Manion are good people and Wayne does what he thinks is best and his intension is not to compete with the IFBB but to be different, and I am sure that Shawn does this only because he loves the sport and being involved in it. When he makes money with it, so what, at least he is getting something back. Bob also does his best and defend where he stands for and that is what you have to do, I am not one of his favorites (so I should be against him) but I am not, he has my admiration for what he does because I see, and know that it is not easy. 

Try to imagine you where them, what would you do.

I am reading all this and wonder myself, what would you do when you would be Joe, Ben, Jim, Wayne, Bob, Shane or name any person involved in our sport, just imaging yourself in each of these persons, what would you do.

KILL MYSELF IF I WERE THEM.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2006, 03:20:36 PM »
KILL MYSELF IF I WERE THEM.
HAHAHAHAHA! holy fuck!
bodybuildersreality.com

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2006, 03:20:56 PM »
Emceeing an event like the Olympia should pay $2,000 at the most.  Anything more is just "hush" money.They are going to reward the guys who are supporting them.

MMMM AROUND $7,000

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2006, 03:26:20 PM »
Oh I wondered why Bob wasn't doing the O being paid more for just being there and not competing,now it all makes sense $$$$$$$ without diretics.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2006, 03:30:22 PM »
Oh I wondered why Bob wasn't doing the O being paid more for just being there and not competing,now it all makes sense $$$$$$$ without diretics.

You catching on grasshopper :)

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2006, 06:36:54 PM »
Exactly with Wayne.  I will support him until something happens that changes my mind.  SO far not even you can say he has done anything but done good for BB and the bodybuilders. He put on a great show, promoted BB bigtime, paid everyone with no bounced checks but with direct deposit, and has more shows scheduled and isgoing forward with everythign he has said he will do. 

Well if you can call setting bodybuilding back 30 years by presenting them as the gay Village People People in clown costumes a good thing then you are right. He put on a great show!  ;D

Of course we do have to give credit to Joe Weider for doing the same thing in the magazines so I don't know whats worse. I fully admit that the IFBB has problems and needs change. To say that Wayne is the answer? No sorry Keith.
and keep moving!

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2006, 07:06:14 PM »
MMMM AROUND $7,000

That shitbag is getting $7grand?

WTF is wrong with the IFBB? He's got more enemies than friends! who the hell wants to listen to him for 2 hours?

You mean to tell me that they (IFBB) couldn't get Lee Haney or any other past Olympia winner to mc the show?

OH, wait......they tried to charge Haney, Yates and other former champions just to watch the show last year!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2006, 07:09:20 PM »
"OH, wait......they tried to charge Haney, Yates and other former champions just to watch the show last year!"

>:( You've got to be kidding... Right?
a

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2006, 07:10:58 PM »
MMMM AROUND $7,000

If that is the case, that is soem bullshit right there.

He'll get more than the guys who busted their asses.......just wrong.........
HAHA, RON.....

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2006, 07:20:28 PM »
"OH, wait......they tried to charge Haney, Yates and other former champions just to watch the show last year!"

>:( You've got to be kidding... Right?

I wish I was kidding! They had to fukkin' buy their own tickets to the show last year!

I said this once and I'll say it again: I will NOT support the Olympia. The athletes are being whored out for the IFBB's wealth.

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2006, 07:24:03 PM »
I wish I was kidding! They had to fukkin' buy their own tickets to the show last year!

I said this once and I'll say it again: I will NOT support the Olympia. The athletes are being whored out for the IFBB's wealth.

I WAS AT ONE OLYMPIA WITH SAMIR BANNOUT WHEN HE HAD TO GO TO BENS ROOM AND LITERALLY BEG TO GET A TICKET HE GOT ONE IN THE BALCONY......YEP   IFBB....GOTTA LOVE THEM    ...NOT

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2006, 07:25:19 PM »
I WAS AT ONE OLYMPIA WITH SAMIR BANNOUT WHEN HE HAD TO GO TO BENS ROOM AND LITERALLY BEG TO GET A TICKET HE GOT ONE IN THE BALCONY......YEP   IFBB....GOTTA LOVE THEM    ...NOT

Unreal...........
HAHA, RON.....

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2006, 07:39:50 PM »

Unfcukingbelievable! >:(. Could those dudes at the IFBB be any more lame?
a

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2006, 07:41:32 PM »

"One in the balcony"
The multi-millionaire gave Samir (1) balcony ticket? Madness. It don't get much lower than that.
a

boonasty

• Getbig IV
  • are you a famous getbigger? click on the globe!
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2006, 08:14:00 PM »

Why the hell would ahe beg for a ticket.  Couldn't he afford to buy one?  And if not lee and you were so outraged why didn't you buy him a better one.