Author Topic: vile womans obscene gesture to war dead  (Read 6295 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: vile womans obscene gesture to war dead
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2012, 09:38:17 PM »
Well, I was just sort of using that as a way to describe that people tend to be okay with offending certain groups, but totally flip out when other groups are offended.  Seems like they are cherry picking what they find offensive, then going on a man hunt about it.

The only group I say is off limits is children... Don't mess with kids and I don't give a shit about what you say about anything.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2012, 09:39:11 PM »
Legally, I don't know whether she has a "right" to do what she did. However, she was fired because it's a bad image for the business that she worked for. Don't confuse a business trying to protect their income with a business doing the "right" thing. Two completely different things.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2012, 09:41:14 PM »
The only group I say is off limits is children... Don't mess with kids and I don't give a shit about what you say about anything.

Agreed about the children!
X

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2012, 09:42:07 PM »
Legally, I don't know whether she has a "right" to do what she did. However, she was fired because it's a bad image for the business that she worked for. Don't confuse a business trying to protect their income with a business doing the "right" thing. Two completely different things.

That's true, but not exactly... See... They see their image as tarnished because people said she should be fired from her job.

So they did what the public said they should do.

The problem is not that she was fired... It's that the PEOPLE had her fired.

I don't blame the company for saving face, but I blame people ALL day for deciding that her livelihood should be taken away because THEY do not like something she did.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2012, 09:49:22 PM »
I don't blame the company for saving face, but I blame people ALL day for deciding that her livelihood should be taken away because THEY do not like something she did.

Yes, I see where you're coming from. Suggesting that those people are better than her in some way and influencing something that didn't have much to do with them. It's a tough call... no, for what she did her livelihood probably shouldn't have been taken away. It's freedom of opinion, albeit potentially disrespectful.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2012, 10:05:00 PM »

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2012, 10:13:35 PM »

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2012, 11:13:28 PM »
This.

Sure, she was being stupid and ignorant... Hell, disrespectful even.

But to fire her and lose her job over that?

She isn't a role model and no one knows who this bitch is... Who gives a shit.

Stop being so fucking butthurt over a god damn picture.

Wait until someone tries to hurt you before you go apeshit.

::)

So I gather you think we should cut the bitch some slack.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2012, 11:18:08 PM »
As a long time public employee who knew that any actions I might do, regardless of whether they had any influence on my job, could cost me said job, I say that folks need to think about what they do when they are off the clock.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2012, 11:22:52 PM »

So as I indicated before, being a long time public school employee who was not in a position that directly made me responsible for the education of kids, if I marched in a gay pride parade in my undies or if I campaigned for legalizing pot, it could have gotten me fired, I say do what you feel is right, but expect there will be consequences....warrante d or not.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2012, 12:35:57 AM »
Yes, I see where you're coming from. Suggesting that those people are better than her in some way and influencing something that didn't have much to do with them. It's a tough call... no, for what she did her livelihood probably shouldn't have been taken away. It's freedom of opinion, albeit potentially disrespectful.
Bro we get it you think warfare is evil, so do all of us but the morale of a soldier is to fight for freedom and for a just cause, if the intentions are such and the simple soldier lays his life on the line for these honorable principles regardless of how evil war is and regardless of how naive you think a soldier is being then he can not be disrespected in that manor, plain and simple.

She deserves worse

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2012, 12:45:03 AM »
This.

Sure, she was being stupid and ignorant... Hell, disrespectful even.

But to fire her and lose her job over that?

She isn't a role model and no one knows who this bitch is... Who gives a shit.

Stop being so fucking butthurt over a god damn picture.

Wait until someone tries to hurt you before you go apeshit.

::)
. +1.  So fucking stupid to do this,noone even knows who the person in the grave is

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2012, 12:51:48 AM »
Bro we get it you think warfare is evil, so do all of us but the morale of a soldier is to fight for freedom and for a just cause, if the intentions are such and the simple soldier lays his life on the line for these honorable principles regardless of how evil war is and regardless of how naive you think a soldier is being then he can not be disrespected in that manor, plain and simple.

She deserves worse

It just depends on what you think is disrespectful. Someone can help an old lady across the street and have some douche mock that person. Whether it's as disrespectful as mocking a dead solder is personal opinion.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2012, 01:16:02 AM »
It just depends on what you think is disrespectful. Someone can help an old lady across the street and have some douche mock that person. Whether it's as disrespectful as mocking a dead solder is personal opinion.
Of course it is a matter of opinion but the amount of people that share this opinion is far greater then any basic interpretation you have on being disrespectful or anyone for that matter that does not find this offensive. So long as millions are insulted at this situation she deserves the consequences of her actions.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2012, 03:11:33 AM »
So I gather you think we should cut the bitch some slack.

Correct.

Also I was thinking... How is this any different than when a Muslim gets angry because someone made a visual reference to Muhammed?

I mean... basically, people are treating her, like the Muslim communities treat cartoonists or anyone else.

Just comes across as hypocritical to me.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2012, 03:43:01 AM »

Personally, I don't understand the outrage, who wouldn't hate a group of people who regularly inflict unimaginable suffering on other people based on empire expansion and resource gathering.  Their is no dignity in modern warfare, that's why so many soldiers return feeling guilt and shame for the vile way they behaved during the war.  Busting downs the doors of peoples houses, imprisoning and torturing the men in families, raping their daughters and devastating their homeland isn't something to be proud of.  Too many idiots are sold the propaganda about the nobility and courageousness of war, that's just bullshit, their hired goons with weapons training.  It's not like America was invaded and the military courageously fought back, they just march into whatever country they like, wave their massive military dick around, take what they want, demolish the place, fuck off back home and tell you what a cun+ they think you are as they are leaving.  The Military doesn't find killing a million civilians offensive or the raping and pillaging they do as offensive, yet they get all pissy when someone points out the obvious hypocrisy of being murderous thugs that behave regularly in an inhumane way yet are easily offended by a perceived insult, sounds like Americans are becoming more like Muslims everyday, can't handle  little criticism.  What surprises me is why more people don't lay a massive faecal cable on the graves of veterans.
V

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2012, 04:40:04 AM »
Personally, I don't understand the outrage, who wouldn't hate a group of people who regularly inflict unimaginable suffering on other people based on empire expansion and resource gathering.  Their is no dignity in modern warfare, that's why so many soldiers return feeling guilt and shame for the vile way they behaved during the war.  Busting downs the doors of peoples houses, imprisoning and torturing the men in families, raping their daughters and devastating their homeland isn't something to be proud of.  Too many idiots are sold the propaganda about the nobility and courageousness of war, that's just bullshit, their hired goons with weapons training.  It's not like America was invaded and the military courageously fought back, they just march into whatever country they like, wave their massive military dick around, take what they want, demolish the place, fuck off back home and tell you what a cun+ they think you are as they are leaving.  The Military doesn't find killing a million civilians offensive or the raping and pillaging they do as offensive, yet they get all pissy when someone points out the obvious hypocrisy of being murderous thugs that behave regularly in an inhumane way yet are easily offended by a perceived insult, sounds like Americans are becoming more like Muslims everyday, can't handle  little criticism.  What surprises me is why more people don't lay a massive faecal cable on the graves of veterans.

Sadly much of what you say is true.  I think at one time our soldiers did good things for the world but now just seem to be pawns for corporate world running the government.  You brought up shame and guilt, I have noticed that soldiers WWII and earlier would return from war and get on with their lives.  But seems like all the wars after that they all struggle with mental illness and I feel it is because they don't believe in what they are doing.  I bet if a soldier truly believed that his "enemy" was an enemy and that he was actually saving people he would return home with a clear head.  Don't know if i would go as far as to say shit on their graves, but maybe people should stop joining the military if it keeps up it's bullshit.  The government does a great job at propaganda making young kids think the military is actually still doing heroic things.  Operation "Iraqi freedom"  "enduring freedom"   ::)

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2012, 07:28:36 AM »
Who wouldn't want to work or employ a dumb  CU NT that makes fun of retarded kids and dead soliders that were blown to pieces

i know i love working with dickheads like that day in a day out, nothing beats a good Laugh about dead abortion fetus babies at the coffee machine at work in the morning or hell even dead people involved in Drunk Driving accidents

there should be a mandatory one Vile Woman in every office law

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2012, 07:58:56 AM »
This is it in a nutshell.

Free speech is great when it protects me, but it's bullshit when it protects you.

Bunch of hypocrites.

I agree with SF and Shock on this one.

Very sad what has happened. Soldiers being happy she was fired for expressing the rights they fight for.

Double standard at its finest.

I can buy this, but am still torn. On one hand I see the side that thinks, what did she really do? On the other, is see the line in the sand between free and offensive speech and how it can start to blur. I know it's a far cry from flag burning, saying god hates fags outside of a funeral, but if the line keeps getting moved, where does it stop?  It was like Hank Williams jr making that comment about Obama, and getting kicked off Monday night football. What he said didn't get him in legal trouble, but lost him his job. If you can use something such as a credit score to disqualify someone from a job, or a DUI, surely being a public jackass and bringing unwanted heat on your employer can do the same. Look, I don't think she should be shot or jailed or any bullshit like that, but I got no real beef with her losing her job over it.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2012, 08:19:48 AM »
I can buy this, but am still torn. On one hand I see the side that thinks, what did she really do? On the other, is see the line in the sand between free and offensive speech and how it can start to blur. I know it's a far cry from flag burning, saying god hates fags outside of a funeral, but if the line keeps getting moved, where does it stop?  It was like Hank Williams jr making that comment about Obama, and getting kicked off Monday night football. What he said didn't get him in legal trouble, but lost him his job. If you can use something such as a credit score to disqualify someone from a job, or a DUI, surely being a public jackass and bringing unwanted heat on your employer can do the same. Look, I don't think she should be shot or jailed or any bullshit like that, but I got no real beef with her losing her job over it.

I didn't agree with HWJ getting kicked off of MNF either... That was some bullshit.

I still miss hearing "Are You Ready for Some Football."

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2012, 08:27:35 AM »
An interesting thread for Getbig....perhaps there is hope for humanity.