Author Topic: vile womans obscene gesture to war dead  (Read 6325 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: vile womans obscene gesture to war dead
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2012, 06:46:09 PM »
Well the reality is that those soldiers died so she could have the right to do shit like that.

Also she looks like she is no stranger to BBC.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2012, 08:14:41 PM »
And she was fired.

So basically a photo should completely remove her livelihood even though no one was harmed.

Fuck that noise. 

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2012, 08:17:55 PM »
And she was fired.

So basically a photo should completely remove her livelihood even though no one was harmed.

Fuck that noise. 

Agreed. Its odd. While what she did was not right, it is no indication that she is a bad employee.

Its funny, all these "Americans" screaming and shouting that the government is taking away their rights and interfering with their lives. Then this lady engages in free speech and everyone wants her fired. I am not saying what she did was right, but seriously, people need to get a grip. Not everyone is going to like what others like. Deal with it. My grandpa fought in WW 2 (Battle of the Bulge) and I have no desire to get this women fired.
X

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2012, 08:19:40 PM »
And she was fired.

Fuck that noise. 
Wow........

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2012, 08:21:31 PM »
Agreed. Its odd. While what she did was not right, it is no indication that she is a bad employee.

Its funny, all these "Americans" screaming and shouting that the government is taking away their rights and interfering with their lives. Then this lady engages in free speech and everyone wants her fired. I am not saying what she did was right, but seriously, people need to get a grip. Not everyone is going to like what others like. Deal with it. My grandpa fought in WW 2 (Battle of the Bulge) and I have no desire to get this women fired.
This, exactly this. These people died so she could do exactly what she did. That is her right. I may think it's classless, but it's still her right to do it. I don't understand people sometimes.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2012, 08:22:31 PM »
This, exactly this. These people died so she could do exactly what she did. That is her right. I may think it's classless, but it's still her right to do it. I don't understand people sometimes.

Are you being sarcastic?
X

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #31 on: November 21, 2012, 08:23:42 PM »
Are you being sarcastic?
No, not at all. She has every right to do what she did, that is what those soldiers died trying to protect. To scream for her head from the rooftops is, IMHO, as disrespectful to the soldiers as her giving them the finger.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2012, 08:25:21 PM »
No, not at all. She has every right to do what she did, that is what those soldiers died trying to protect. To scream for her head from the rooftops is, IMHO, as classless as her giving them the finger.

Agreed. I mean, she is an idiot. No doubt about that.

Seems like everyone loves free speech, only when it doesnt offend them.
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2012, 08:27:47 PM »
No, not at all. She has every right to do what she did, that is what those soldiers died trying to protect. To scream for her head from the rooftops is, IMHO, as disrespectful to the soldiers as her giving them the finger.

This was a good response:

To read this Facebook page is to come face-to-face with the worst kind of psychotic rage the internet has to offer. There's everything from the guy who aims, I guess, to teach Lindsey Stone all about respect and understanding by calling her a "fuckin girl"; the people posting her private phone number; the guy who says he'd be willing to "pull the trigger" on her; and of course the oodles of partisan jerks who've seized the opportunity, as they do any opportunity, to turn the whole thing into a left-vs.-right battle, with Stone obviously being a dirty liberal who doesn't love our troops with the predetermined but entirely arbitrary amount of zeal necessary to, well, avoid being called a dirty liberal.

Look, I hate to bring back another bad internet meme, but leave Lindsey alone. She did something really stupid and has apologized for it. End of story. It's nobody's God-given right, and certainly not 12,000 people's, to teach this woman a lesson that involves having her livelihood taken away just because she made a joke not everyone is going to find funny and some will find offensive. The response, as I alluded to earlier, is almost unimaginably disproportionate to the offense. I get that this is where we're at as a culture: nobody can ever be offended by anything and when we are we demand satisfaction and immediately marshal our forces via the internet, seeking out like-minded, easily inflamed morons willing to wield social media torches and pitchforks in a virtual riot. But that virtual riot has real-world consequences, and reducing a complete stranger to a single moment of bad judgment and then insisting she pay for it with her very livelihood, the thing that keeps her paying bills and rent and continuing to eat and perhaps feeding her family -- that's what's truly offensive.
X

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2012, 08:32:43 PM »
Stop being pussies.  I laughed my fucking ass off.  She should have pulled down her slacks and did a spread shot with her middle finger buried deep inside her fat kunt.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2012, 08:33:27 PM »

She has every right to be an idiot.

We have every right to call her on it.

Her employer has every right to fire her.

See....Freedom of Speach does not mean freedom of accountability and responsibility.

Fuck that fat cow and her unemployed ass.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2012, 08:35:26 PM »

See....Freedom of Speach does not mean freedom of accountability and responsibility.

We have every right to disagree with her. I don't feel like we have the right to go into her place of employment and complain that we don't like a picture she took and demand that they fire her.
She wasn't fired for poor work performance, she was fired because a bunch of people got pissy that they didn't like her picture and demanded her head on a stick. Which is stupid and irresponsible IMHO.

But I think we can all agree that social media is socially destructive.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2012, 08:37:02 PM »

Agreed that her employer has every right to fire her. I just don't understand why the public wants her fired so badly. Because they are "offended." My beef is not that her employer fired her, but the same people who probably offend others on a daily basis are so apt to have her fired. I wonder how many of those same people have made derogatory comments about other races, handicapped people, etc. Yet, they flip their shit when someone else makes derogatory comment they do not like. Seems hypocritical. Know what Im saying?
X

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2012, 08:38:15 PM »
Agreed that her employer has every right to fire her. I just don't understand why the public wants her fired so badly. Because they are "offended." My beef is not that her employer fired her, but the same people who probably offend others on a daily basis are so apt to have her fired. I wonder how many of those same people have made derogatory comments about other races, handicapped people, etc. Yet, they flip their shit when someone else makes derogatory comments. Know what Im saying?
This. I'd be pretty pissed if someone took one of my political comments personally, got a coalition of idiots together and demanded my boss fired me because of something stupid I said.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #39 on: November 21, 2012, 08:39:26 PM »
It's just this week's moral outrage/ burn the heretic thing.  Next week we'll find something else to feel righteously indignant about.  Can't have a flogging in the town square without that.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2012, 08:41:36 PM »
This. I'd be pretty pissed if someone took one of my political comments personally, got a coalition of idiots together and demanded my boss fired me because of something stupid I said.

Just imagine if that happened every single time. 99% of the world would be unemployed!
X

bike nut

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2012, 08:43:42 PM »
We have every right to disagree with her. I don't feel like we have the right to go into her place of employment and complain that we don't like a picture she took and demand that they fire her.
She wasn't fired for poor work performance, she was fired because a bunch of people got pissy that they didn't like her picture and demanded her head on a stick. Which is stupid and irresponsible IMHO.

But I think we can all agree that social media is socially destructive.

Bring that kind of negative publicity into your charitable place of work and see how long you last.

Freedom of Speach does not mean freedom of repercussions.

bike nut

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2012, 08:45:54 PM »
Agreed that her employer has every right to fire her. I just don't understand why the public wants her fired so badly. Because they are "offended." My beef is not that her employer fired her, but the same people who probably offend others on a daily basis are so apt to have her fired. I wonder how many of those same people have made derogatory comments about other races, handicapped people, etc. Yet, they flip their shit when someone else makes derogatory comment they do not like. Seems hypocritical. Know what Im saying?

You're confusing being an idiot in private with being an idiot in public.

It's the new social media world we live in.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2012, 08:48:09 PM »
Bring that kind of negative publicity into your charitable place of work and see how long you last.

Freedom of Speach does not mean freedom of repercussions.
I understand why he was fired. I don't agree with the overly sensitive bitches that freaked out over nothing.

As I said earlier, I think the real issue here is social media. People don't understand how destructive that shit can be.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2012, 08:51:10 PM »
You're confusing being an idiot in private with being an idiot in public.

It's the new social media world we live in.

Yes, and being an idiot in public and making it public is dumb.

As shockwave said, I am not arguing that she wasnt an idiot, nor that her employee doesnt have the right to fire her. But the overly sensitive people.

And while these people are idiots mostly in private, does that still give them a reason to destroy her livelihood? Seriously, think about it. What did she really do wrong, besides offend a lot of people. The punishment is disproportionate to the offense.

Eh, I guess something has to make the news these days!
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #45 on: November 21, 2012, 08:56:55 PM »
I understand why he was fired. I don't agree with the overly sensitive bitches that freaked out over nothing.

As I said earlier, I think the real issue here is social media. People don't understand how destructive that shit can be.

social media is scum
X

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #46 on: November 21, 2012, 09:08:28 PM »
Agreed. I mean, she is an idiot. No doubt about that.

Seems like everyone loves free speech, only when it doesnt offend them.

This is it in a nutshell.

Free speech is great when it protects me, but it's bullshit when it protects you.

Bunch of hypocrites.

I agree with SF and Shock on this one.

Very sad what has happened. Soldiers being happy she was fired for expressing the rights they fight for.

Double standard at its finest.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2012, 09:12:38 PM »
This is it in a nutshell.

Free speech is great when it protects me, but it's bullshit when it protects you.

Bunch of hypocrites.

I agree with SF and Shock on this one.

Very sad what has happened. Soldiers being happy she was fired for expressing the rights they fight for.

Double standard at its finest.

But in America its totally okay to degrade just about every muslim. No one seems to care when a muslim is offended or hurts. I guess that's okay. :/
X

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2012, 09:17:15 PM »
But in America its totally okay to degrade just about every muslim. No one seems to care when a muslim is offended or hurts. I guess that's okay. :/

I degrade Muslims, Christians, Jews, and atheists alike.

If you suck, you suck.

I do not let their religion affect their livelihood.

You are guaranteed the pursuit of happiness(Which may be a job)...

Not that I'll be nice to your religion.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2012, 09:19:28 PM »
I degrade Muslims, Christians, Jews, and atheists alike.

If you suck, you suck.

I do not let their religion affect their livelihood.

You are guaranteed the pursuit of happiness(
Which may be a job). Not that I'll be nice to your religion.

Well, I was just sort of using that as a way to describe that people tend to be okay with offending certain groups, but totally flip out when other groups are offended.  Seems like they are cherry picking what they find offensive, then going on a man hunt about it.
X