Author Topic: Obama voters in state of shock as 2% withholding hike takes hold.  (Read 17568 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Obama voters in state of shock as 2% withholding hike takes hold.
« Reply #175 on: January 05, 2013, 05:39:54 PM »
so were paying a higher tax rate than last week but there hasnt been ANY FORM of increase at all...

LMFAO got it ;)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #176 on: January 05, 2013, 05:41:16 PM »
so were paying a higher tax rate than last week but there hasnt been ANY FORM of increase at all...

LMFAO got it ;)

Straw has so clearly lost this debate that only in his mind are we incorrect... I'm sure a poll of most people on getbig would in fact, result in an overwhelming decision in our favor on the meaning of the word, ANY.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #177 on: January 05, 2013, 05:52:09 PM »
Straw has so clearly lost this debate that only in his mind are we incorrect... I'm sure a poll of most people on getbig would in fact, result in an overwhelming decision in our favor on the meaning of the word, ANY.

I think I've clearly won

I've shown that taxes are no higher than when Obama made his statement in 2008

I've provided abundant proof that the temporary nature of the payroll tax cut was widely known and commented on in the media

I've pointed out that there is no proof that Obama voters were unaware of the temporary nature of the payroll tax cut (in spite of 333's single solitary tweet by a person who we don't even know if they voted for Obama)

I've pointed out that Obama never ran for re-election on the promise of extending the payroll tax

The only thing your side has is that the temporary tax cuts expired

That's it

Why weren't you guys bitching about a tax increase the day Obama signed the first 12 month temporary reduction.   I don't recall anyone on the right screaming that Obama just signed a tax increase.    I wonder why not?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: January 05, 2013, 05:54:45 PM »
I think I've clearly won

I've shown that taxes are no higher than when Obama made his statement in 2008
the tax rates were paying are higher than when obama made his statement in 2008

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #179 on: January 05, 2013, 06:00:13 PM »

no they are not

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: January 05, 2013, 06:04:40 PM »
no they are not
LMFAO so the tax rates we are paying now arent higher than what we were paying last week?

why is there less money in my pay check?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #181 on: January 05, 2013, 06:06:30 PM »
LMFAO so the tax rates we are paying now arent higher than what we were paying last week?

why is there less money in my pay check?

you wrote

and the answer is still no

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: January 05, 2013, 06:12:40 PM »
you wrote

and the answer is still no
so were paying the same rate but were getting less money?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #183 on: January 05, 2013, 06:17:03 PM »
so what  ?

He made that statement in 2008 and taxes are not higher now than they were in 2008 for people making less than 250k

that is a fact

WRONG!!

Obamacare's tax hike: The Obamacare law made one change to this tax provision: it raised the "haircut" from 7.5 percent of AGI to 10 percent of AGI. Since virtually all taxpayers claiming this income tax deduction make less than $200,000 per year, the income tax hike falls almost exclusively on the middle class:

-Virtually every family taking this deduction made less than $200,000 in 2009. Over 90 percent earned less than $100,000.

-The average taxpayer claiming this deduction earns just over $53,000 annually.

-ATR estimates that the average income tax increase for the average family claiming this tax benefit will be $200 - $400 per year.

-This income tax increase is focused on families with the largest medical bills that weren't covered by insurance. So the target population is low- and middle-income families with debilitating medical costs. That's a good definition of the opposite of “affordable” or “caring.”

According to the Joint Tax Committee, this tax increase is scheduled to raise between $2 billion and $3 billion annually. That may be a drop in the bucket in Washington DC, but try telling that to the $53,000 family with high medical bills that just saw a tax increase.  

The tax is a clear violation of President Obama's "firm pledge" in 2008 to not enact "any form of tax increase" on these families.

President Obama and his Democrat congressional allies have some explaining to do.

Read more: http://atr.org/obamacare-high-medical-bills-tax-hit-a7401#ixzz2H9qBEdVW

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #184 on: January 05, 2013, 06:25:38 PM »
Hahaha, ah man. I read to page four, then skipped to this page, and the arguments are the same. Almost word for word. And the "you're wrong", "no I'm not" arguments are still rolling. Fact is, I'm a business owner and had my guys in on Wednesday after I approved payroll for this week and we all take a hit. Call it an increase, call it and expiration. Facts are facts, and the take home amount is less. For me, it doesn't really matter, because my wife and I make almost $25k(gross) a month, and my fixed bills are less than $5,500. But, for the people making less money, it can get tough taking home a few less bucks. I don't have a problem with a higher tax for me for a few years, if it were going to be used to get us out of the hole, while the government tightens its purse strings as well. But that won't happen. I did not vote for Obama, and do not agree with his politics, but we're strapped into the roller coaster and are all along for the ride, so I wish him, and us well. Only time will tell, but I can assure you I'm saving my pennies for a rainy day, and a quick exit from America if need be.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #185 on: January 05, 2013, 06:32:48 PM »
Hahaha, ah man. I read to page four, then skipped to this page, and the arguments are the same. Almost word for word. And the "you're wrong", "no I'm not" arguments are still rolling. Fact is, I'm a business owner and had my guys in on Wednesday after I approved payroll for this week and we all take a hit. Call it an increase, call it and expiration. Facts are facts, and the take home amount is less. For me, it doesn't really matter, because my wife and I make almost $25k(gross) a month, and my fixed bills are less than $5,500. But, for the people making less money, it can get tough taking home a few less bucks. I don't have a problem with a higher tax for me for a few years, if it were going to be used to get us out of the hole, while the government tightens its purse strings as well. But that won't happen. I did not vote for Obama, and do not agree with his politics, but we're strapped into the roller coaster and are all along for the ride, so I wish him, and us well. Only time will tell, but I can assure you I'm saving my pennies for a rainy day, and a quick exit from America if need be.

And, that's what the bottom line is: LESS TAKE-HOME PAY for the middle class, courtesy of the blatantly lying president who said the middle class would not be affected by ANY tax hikes.

Yet, Straw is making this boneheaded claim that the bulk of the middle class knew this was coming and voted for it anyway, just to sock it to the rich (who have far better means of ducking these tax hikes, including the rich who support Obama).

At least, Howard Dean had the balls to be straight up about it and say that taxes would have to go up on the middle class. Obama lied through his teeth, waited until he was politically safe, proceeded with the fiscal sodomy of America, especially the middle class.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: January 05, 2013, 06:33:30 PM »
^^^^

No, No, No Irongrip

the tax rates were paying havent changed at all, were just paying more for no reason...

Just ask straw.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #187 on: January 05, 2013, 07:01:51 PM »
I think I've clearly won

Further proof of your stupidity.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #188 on: January 05, 2013, 07:13:34 PM »
I think I've clearly won

That's because on this topic, you are delusional.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #189 on: January 05, 2013, 09:54:10 PM »
That's because on this topic, you are delusional.

this topic ?

you mean the alleged state of shock of Obama voters?

LOL

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #190 on: January 06, 2013, 01:52:51 AM »
this topic ?

you mean the alleged state of shock of Obama voters?

LOL

No... The actual fact that peoples taxes did go up... ANY taxes... ANY ANY ANY.

You actually ARE insane... Notice how not even one of the other Obama fans are touching this?

They can not possibly back you on this one... You are simply ridiculous.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #191 on: January 06, 2013, 10:32:50 AM »
The payroll tax went from 4.2% to 6.2%.

But in some peoples strange world taxes didn't go up.

Interesting.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #192 on: January 06, 2013, 10:36:30 AM »
The payroll tax went from 4.2% to 6.2%.

But in some peoples strange world taxes didn't go up.

Interesting.

Some people are truly either:

1. Ignorant
2. Stupid
3. Delusional.

You tell me which.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: January 06, 2013, 10:39:35 AM »
Some people are truly either:

1. Ignorant
2. Stupid
3. Delusional.

You tell me which.
Number 2. for the win!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2013, 10:57:36 AM »
I love the geniuses on this board who are so desperate to find something to piss and moan about that they have to pretend that Obama (and don't forget Dems and Repubs) raised their taxes

I've said this many times now

A discount expired

that's all that happened

Taxes are the same now as the day Obama made that statement in 2008

Taxes have not gone up though I understand the people on this board will continue to cry about it

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #195 on: January 06, 2013, 11:01:06 AM »
I love the geniuses on this board who are so desperate to find something to piss and moan about that they have to pretend that Obama (and don't forget Dems and Repubs) raised their taxes

A discount expired

that's all that happened

Taxes have not gone up though I understand the people on this board will continue to cry about it

You are in fact, delusional.

ANY increase in taxes...

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #196 on: January 06, 2013, 11:17:02 AM »

A discount expired

that's all that happened

Taxes haven't gone up even though they went from 4.2% to 6.2%?

Interesting.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #197 on: January 06, 2013, 11:18:40 AM »
Taxes haven't gone up even though they went from 4.2% to 6.2%?

Interesting.
NO, GIGANTOR...THEY HAVE STAYED THE EXACT SAME WE ARE JUST DONATING MONEY NOW!!!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #198 on: January 06, 2013, 11:22:29 AM »

A discount expired

that's all that happened

You're getting hammered pretty bad here brah. You're arguing semantics, and you're not arguing it very well at that. It was promised that taxes wouldn't go up for the middle class even one dime... they could have fought to extend the discount you're attempting to argue about - but they didn't, effectively raising taxes on the people that were promised they wouldn't pay any more.

The end result, regardless of whichever bullshit you choose to call it, is that people are paying more in taxes now than they were a couple days ago, and it was completely avoidable.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #199 on: January 06, 2013, 11:39:39 AM »
You're getting hammered pretty bad here brah. You're arguing semantics, and you're not arguing it very well at that. It was promised that taxes wouldn't go up for the middle class even one dime... they could have fought to extend the discount you're attempting to argue about - but they didn't, effectively raising taxes on the people that were promised they wouldn't pay any more.

The end result, regardless of whichever bullshit you choose to call it, is that people are paying more in taxes now than they were a couple days ago, and it was completely avoidable.

they are the ones arguing semantics over the word "increase"

they are trying to portray the expiration of a discount as a tax increase

how about this

if you salary is temporarily reduced and then reinstated did you get a raise

I'm sure certain people on this board will think so