Author Topic: over 100 wrestlers dead in the last ten years  (Read 15519 times)

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
Re: over 100 wrestlers dead in the last ten years
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2007, 06:31:36 AM »
Ignorant?I give facts,you give opinions.Fact,Bonds broke NO RULES of baseball.Fact,cheating is defined as breaking the rules to get a competative advantage.There can be NO CHEATING if there is no rule.You say the fans hate him,FACT the fans voted him in to start in the all star game.You say he is a tax evader,FACT he hasnt been indicted for tax evasion in spite of THREE grand juries trying their best to get him ,including jailing Greg Anderson.Again,you give opinions[given to you by the media]I give facts.Sorry the facts dont line up with your agenda.

you must be reading a lot of san francisco newspapers...because if you read the rest of the country's papers you will see big opposition to bonds among most baseball fans...you must have missed all those boos, and steroid related signs that were posted in ballparks throughout the major leagues---especially in big cities like ny, phila, and la...you can't be that ignorant that you believe that san francisco (who hosted the all star game) stuffed the ballot box with barry bonds votes...you can't also be ignorant of the facts that his hometown newspaper (san fran chronicle) published a very lengthy piece detailing allegations and lots of incidents detailing bonds use of drugs, and not claiming income on baseball card show income--facts never disputed by bonds...considering that if they were not true bonds would have a very easy, and winnable libel lawsuit against the paper...then there is the book game of shadows---so i get these details through the media...where else should i get them? where do you get your facts? mad magazine?
footloose and fancy free

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2007, 06:35:28 AM »
Totally different.The NBA and NFL are an organised leagues with a union.They all play under collectively bargained rules.Pro wrestling is spread out all over the country.There is no union,no rules,no insurrance no nothing.If you look at the list, exactly 5 of those guys were currently employed by the WWE at the time of their deaths[and thee of them were involved in accidents not heart attacks].The others were either indy workers or retired.A much fairer comparrison would be to take how many independat truckers died over the last ten years.Because the vast majority or wrestlers work for themselves,not for companies.

One other thing.When Rob Van Dam and Sabu got arrested last year.They found 15[Im not sure of the number]loose perkasettes in Sabus pocket.This meand that Sabu was popping them like pez.These guys live a hard life  with tons of injuries and no time off.Time off for most means no money,so they work through the pain.Thats why they die.

the drug use comes as a result of these athlete's working in the wrestling biz..whether its wwe, tna, wcw, ecw...it's a lot of guys dying that were and still affiliated with the wrestling game...just like the nfl is taking heat now over the vast number of retired players who have no health care, are sick and suffering from brain damage, etc from years of playing football you have to look at wrestling as the root cause of a majority of these guys dying.
footloose and fancy free

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2007, 06:53:20 AM »
Game of shadows?On page two of the book they claim synthol is a drug.Once I read that there was no need to go on.As far as the fans go,of cource there is booing in big cities.However,dont you find it amazing that the Dodger fans boo Bonds for steroids but for years cheared Steve Howe,a guy who failed 7 drug tests?Dont you find it amazing that NY fans hate Bonds but cheer for Lawrence Taylor a crack head who once put apple juice in a urine sample[THATS CHEATING].When Bonds tied Aaron they stood for him.You never heard me once say Bonds didnt use drugs.What I said was that I dont care.Clemons,Pettit,Arod and Giambi as well as Shefield  are all linked to drug use and the NY fans cheer them.Im a fan of steroid use.I think all athletes should use them.I hate the government for banning them.Sorry,steroid use is a part od sports and Im fine with it.Stuff the balot boxes.Hmmm,I wonder how Beltran got to start in the all star game despite having a crappy season.I wonder did NY fans stuff the balot box.Stuffing the box means people love you.

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2007, 07:00:34 AM »
Game of shadows?On page two of the book they claim synthol is a drug.Once I read that there was no need to go on.As far as the fans go,of cource there is booing in big cities.However,dont you find it amazing that the Dodger fans boo Bonds for steroids but for years cheared Steve Howe,a guy who failed 7 drug tests?Dont you find it amazing that NY fans hate Bonds but cheer for Lawrence Taylor a crack head who once put apple juice in a urine sample[THATS CHEATING].When Bonds tied Aaron they stood for him.You never heard me once say Bonds didnt use drugs.What I said was that I dont care.Clemons,Pettit,Arod and Giambi as well as Shefield  are all linked to drug use and the NY fans cheer them.Im a fan of steroid use.I think all athletes should use them.I hate the government for banning them.Sorry,steroid use is a part od sports and Im fine with it.Stuff the balot boxes.Hmmm,I wonder how Beltran got to start in the all star game despite having a crappy season.I wonder did NY fans stuff the balot box.Stuffing the box means people love you.

so they make one statement and every statement after that is not believable...you can't just throw everything out just like that...Arod was never connected to balco but giambi was--and he admitted to it---bonds didn't..if bonds admitted to it--he'd have a little more support...but don't sit there and say he didn't hit all those home runs on natural ability alone..the drugs helped a bit...
footloose and fancy free

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2007, 07:19:21 AM »
Of cource they helped.I still think he would have reached 600-650 without them.He had 495 when he was reported to have gone "on".However,keep in mind that he did have three MVPs before steroid use.The guy was on his way to becoming one of the greatest players in the history of the game.Listen,steroids work,no doubt.My only point is that there were A LOT of guys using drugs,but Bonds seems to get all the wrath,and I believe thats the case because he treats the media the way they deserve to be treated.When a little pudgy man like Jay Marrioti says "Hes breaking MY record",thats says everything about the medias attitude.They think THEY are part of the game and Bonds constantly reminds them THEY ARE NOT.They hate him because he reminds them they are nothing but leaches and thats why he gets all the focus of steroid use.

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2007, 07:32:12 AM »
You left out one important fact, how many people died in the last 10 years who were NOT wrestlers? ???
Meaningless post without comparison data. :-\

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2007, 08:23:50 AM »
Anyone remmember Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorf? How did he die?

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2007, 08:26:06 AM »
The guy was juiced to the gills ;D at one point, not so much in this pic

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2007, 08:41:33 AM »
Of cource they helped.I still think he would have reached 600-650 without them.He had 495 when he was reported to have gone "on".However,keep in mind that he did have three MVPs before steroid use.The guy was on his way to becoming one of the greatest players in the history of the game.Listen,steroids work,no doubt.My only point is that there were A LOT of guys using drugs,but Bonds seems to get all the wrath,and I believe thats the case because he treats the media the way they deserve to be treated.When a little pudgy man like Jay Marrioti says "Hes breaking MY record",thats says everything about the medias attitude.They think THEY are part of the game and Bonds constantly reminds them THEY ARE NOT.They hate him because he reminds them they are nothing but leaches and thats why he gets all the focus of steroid use.

if he was headed to be one of the greatest of all time without ( i happen to agree w/ you on that) then why use AAS?  If,  as a lot of people are saying, they don't do anything to help you hit a baseball any better then why use the stuff and put yourself in that position?
footloose and fancy free

LongtimeLurker

• Getbig II
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2007, 03:11:08 PM »
That's an eye-opening list.  Too many ODs.

allpumpedup

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2007, 03:21:04 PM »
edit your list or edit your topic man because there are tons of deaths over way over 10 years ago in that list.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2007, 04:52:04 PM »
Adrian Adonis has been dead since 1988. 

I believe the proper thread should be 100 wrestlers dead in 20 years
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2007, 05:00:05 PM »
The one that died most painfully on that list was problably Spider.  And it happenned outside the ring.  Was trying to catch a guy doing a moonsault and his head was crushed on the floor with the impact.  Blood basically everywhere.

Oh wait, forgot about Axis.  He committed suicide by setting himself on fire..... :o
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2007, 05:18:24 PM »
This one lived to be 101.  Abe Coleman ;D

Invented the dropkick.  Met his wife of 50 years when he was thrown out of the ring into her lap
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2007, 05:18:57 PM »
Anyone remmember Mr. Wonderful Paul Orndorf? How did he die?

He's still alive.  He isn't dead
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2007, 05:39:39 PM »
Both Von Erich brothers commited suicide,how strange.

ALL THE BROTHERS COMMITTED SUICIDE EXCEPT TWO.  One that died in 1959 from sticking his hand in a plug and being electrocuted and the other one who almost died in the ring but was revived.  He smartly retired shortly after.  He wrestled barefoot for some odd reason.
A

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2007, 05:40:02 PM »
You left out one important fact, how many people died in the last 10 years who were NOT wrestlers? ???
Meaningless post without comparison data. :-\

Comparing wrestlers and baseball players,
Quotes below per Dave Meltzer, 7/25/07, Wrestling Observer Newletter:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you only go back seven years, based on the active WWE roster in the No Mercy game, 11% of the male wrestlers have already passed away and one other is missing, and 18% have had very public drug issues that involved losing their jobs."

"To get that same percentage of active stars having passed away (using World Series rosters as the guide) you have to go back to the 1970 season.  In other words, WWE wrestlers rate of death is 28 to 30 years ahead of that of major League Baseball players."

"Of the wrestlers on the 1988 Wrestlemania, 30% have passed away."

"In baseball, you have to go back to the 1960 World Series (Pittsburgh Pirates vs. New York Yankees) to find 30% of the participants having passed away."

"28% of the wrestlers who appeared in the 1990 Wrestlemania have already passed away."  

"Of the 50 players on the rosters of the Boston Red Sox and Cincinnati Reds, in the 1975 World Series, not one has passed away."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2007, 05:46:32 PM »
They put themselves through the stuff that does them in. No one told them to stack cocaine, oxycotin, valium, alcohol, ex, with anabolic steroids.

Plus, they had a chance to make good money. And wrestlers are paid pretty well these days as the WWE is a billion dollar plus company.

controldenied33

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2007, 07:01:26 PM »
Wow,and 13,000 died last year of drunk driving incidents.This is a lot of nonsense over nothing.If you looked at an entire industry there are probably just as many deaths in the same period of time.

There are SOOOO many more people who drive than wrestle, of course the number is higher.  Your point is invalid.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2007, 07:38:56 AM »
No,you would have to take the percentage of people who are dumb enough to first get drunk and then get behind the wheel,and then compare it to how many died from drunk driving.

MasterJoey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2007, 08:38:18 AM »
Some of this info is real bad.as in false. Both ray Candy and Dick Murdoch were in their 60's approaching 70.