Author Topic: Just saw "Thor"  (Read 17256 times)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Re: Just saw "Thor"
« Reply #75 on: May 10, 2011, 12:56:34 PM »
I bet a lot of GB saw Jumping the Broom since so many of you are all about racial equality and stuff.
G

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #76 on: May 11, 2011, 12:30:11 PM »
The only problem is that I recall his history being that Dr. Donald Blake was a 'cripple' doctor who found a stick and when he struck it against the ground he was transformed into Thor and the stick into mjorlnir.  I am sure someone can clear that up...or I can stop being a lazy fuck and wikipedia it.

The original story... yes... but Thor has been separated from Donald Blake for a long time now... He was merged with Eric Masterson briefly, and then sent to the Underworld with Mephisto, when Eric Masterson actually had Thor's power and his own mind.

I do not believe Thor has been merged since then.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: May 17, 2011, 03:49:17 PM »

Saw it!  Loved it!

Although Natalie Portman pissed me off!

I ate Dibs, M&Ms, PopCorn, and a diet coke  ;D

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: May 17, 2011, 07:02:43 PM »
Saw it!  Loved it!

Although Natalie Portman pissed me off!

I ate Dibs, M&Ms, PopCorn, and a diet coke  ;D

I saw it today with my kids, aged 17, 15, and 9..I loved it and so did they...much better than I thought it would be..special effects were awesome....the casting was spot on.....Natalie Portman was really sexy-looking..but the role was beneath her

all in all it was a really good flick

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #79 on: May 17, 2011, 07:04:15 PM »
but the role was beneath her

is there any Kool-aid you won't drink when it comes to women?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: May 17, 2011, 07:05:17 PM »
is there any Kool-aid you won't drink when it comes to women?

what the hell are you talking about????

SamoanIrishman

• Getbig IV
  • Why stress the little people..
« Reply #81 on: May 19, 2011, 09:17:51 PM »
Bro when you go to the theatre check the refrigerator area for these bad boys and thank me later ;)

You're and evil A-hole for posting that..those are my enemy. I can resist much but...those call to me. Now I am thinking about it...I hate you. ;)

PS - Summer prep dieting sucks ass.

PPS - Did i mention i hate you?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: May 20, 2011, 03:30:27 PM »
Stellan Skarsgard talks Avengers and reveals Joss Whedon directed the after credits scene.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=37617

obtuse_waiter

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: May 23, 2011, 03:48:04 AM »
natalie portman makes no sense at all
shes like a 4 and gets all these roles
whos her dad?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2011, 06:25:12 AM »
natalie portman makes no sense at all
shes like a 4 and gets all these roles
whos her dad?

I used to say the same thing but she has actually grown on me and gotten more sexy

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2011, 11:14:36 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/news/?a=37923

The Avengers Shuts Down Part of Albuquerque Sunport for Set Construction

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2011, 05:54:57 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: June 30, 2011, 08:51:18 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=40733

UPDATE: THOR Sequel Slated For 2013; Kenneth Branagh NOT Returning To Direct!
Recent reports reveal that Marvel and Disney are not only moving forward with a sequel to their praised-THOR film, but doing so without it's original director, Kenneth Branagh!
It's been almost two months since Marvel & Kenneth Branagh's praised-THOR movie hit theaters, grossing $437 million worldwide. And with the Marvel Studios' president of production, Kevin Fiege, revealing last month that a sequel had only been discussed, Deadline has surprisingly revealed it's intended release, but that's not all they've revealed. It seems Iron Man 3 won't be the only 2013 sequel with a new director.

Marvel Studios is making a full commitment to Thor 2, with Chris Hemsworth reprising his role as the title hero. Marvel will need to hire a director for that film because, I've learned, Kenneth Branagh won't be returning as helmer. His exit was "mutual and amicable," I'm told. That means a big job is out there that a lot of directors and their agents will be chasing over the upcoming holiday. Disney will today finalize a release date for Thor 2, which will be released sometime in the summer, 2013. Variety reports it'll release July 26!

The site further states that Branagh will most likely be involved in some "producing capacity." Regarding who the God Of Thunder will face off with this time around, there were more rumors last month suggesting that The Enchantress and The Executioner were in contention. What do you think?

Anyhow, with Iron Man 3 slated for May 3, The Avengers releases May 4, next year!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2011, 11:22:23 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=43099

Chris Hemsowrth Shares Thoughts On Kenneth Branagh Passing On THOR Sequel!
The actor behind Marvel's God of Thunder, Chris Hemsworth, shares his saddened thoughts THOR director Kenneth Branagh not returning to helm the sequel. Check it out!

Late last month, Marvel Studios set an official release date for the sequel to their Kenneth Branagh-directed Thor movie, along with the unfortunate news that Branagh won't be returning to helm. And chatting recently with the L.A. Times' Hero Complex, the star behind the Mighty Avenger, Chris Hemsworth shared saddened thoughts on Branagh's decision. During San Diego Comic-Con, Hemsworth says:

“I’m really disappointed, Ken built that character and everything I know about the Thor world I learned while shoulder-to-shoulder with Ken. I learned so much from him. As long as he’s happy that’s the thing,” said Hemsworth, who left San Diego to return to the New Mexico set of ”The Avengers.” “I learned so much from Ken while we built [the first film] so at least I had that time with someone like that. The start of anything creative is the most important period in a way. That’s when the most can go wrong and Ken made sure we got it right.”

The article further quotes Hemsworth stating the studio will decide fairly soon on Branagh's replacement, and that hes left a mark that will carry forward on the franchise. And with the Don Payne-written script underway, Thor 2 is supposedly scheduled for filming May next year, near the release of Chris Hemsworth's 'Thor' reprisal in The Avengers. And the sequel is slated for theaters July 26, 2013!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2011, 12:05:15 AM »
The short clip of Agent Phil Coulson conspiring with a fellow SHIELD agent over how to trick General Thunderbolt Ross into denying a deal they were offering him.

Thor will be released on DVD September 13, 2011 which includes one short film titled "The Consultant".

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ARMAGEDDON/news/?a=42892

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2011, 10:09:42 AM »
Hawkeye cameo?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2011, 10:11:35 AM »
Hawkeye cameo?

Yes sir... They even call him Barton in the movie.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2011, 10:17:33 AM »
Thor is a good movie...
S

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: August 02, 2011, 02:44:40 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #94 on: August 04, 2011, 07:34:48 PM »
Director Brian Kirk In Early Talks To Helm THOR 2!
Since Kenneth Branagh won't return for the sequel, studio is trying to find a new director. Now, according to this new report, Game of Thrones director Brian Kirk is in negotiations to helm THOR 2 for Marvel and Disney. Hit the jump for more details!

And so it begins...Marvel Studio and Disney are moving forward with THOR 2, as the film is expected to begin production in early 2012. And as we all know, director Kenneth Branagh won't be returning for the sequel, so now we have the news that Brian Kirk is in talks to helm the film.

From Variety:

"Brian Kirk is in early negotiations to helm "Thor 2" for Marvel Studios and Disney, which will bring Chris Hemsworth's hammer-wielding superhero back to the bigscreen for his next adventure after "The Avengers."

A number of other helmers had been considered for the "Thor" sequel, including Drew Goddard ("Cabin in the Woods"), James McTeigue ("Ninja Assassin"), Noam Murro ("300: Battle of Artemesia") and Breck Eisner ("The Crazies")."

Brian Kirk directed the first two episodes of Luther, a great crime television series starring Idris Elba. He also directed one episode of Dexter and his latest work was seen in 3 episodes of HBO's hit show Game of Thrones. Don Payne is writing the upcoming superhero sequel, with Chris Hemsworth reprising his role as the God of Thunder.

THOR 2 is set to hit theatres on July 26, 2013!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #95 on: August 05, 2011, 08:07:33 AM »
Yes sir... They even call him Barton in the movie.

Cool!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #96 on: August 05, 2011, 11:10:23 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=43687

More Asgardians To Appear In THOR Sequel; Will It Be More Asgard-Grounded?
Based completely on an overlooked statement, & slightly speculation, it seems unlike Marvel's original THOR film, the sequel could be more grounded in Asgard. Check it out!

Heels off the news of Marvel Studios pursuing Game Of Thrones director Brian Kirk to helm their THOR sequel, from Variety and Movie Web's report, what's offhandedly mentioned may hint at a majorly new direction from the Kenneth Branagh-directed film.

The "Thor" sequel is expected to feature a large cast of Aasgardians and creatures in the Norse mythology-set world.

Thor 2 is expected to double its cast of larger than life Aasgardians and mythical Norse creatures, making it one of the largest scale Marvel adventures to date, second only to The Avengers

Though I could be looking too much into it, this may hint at the possibility of the sequel being more, if not completely, grounded in the magical Norse realm of Asgard. Or not even just Asgard, but also the other six realms, of nine from the Norse cosmology, that weren't explored in the original film; especially if there'll be more creatures.

Of course, if so, it could mean the characters Thor interacted with in the original film, while earthbound, wouldn't return; notably Natalie Portman's Jane Foster. However, at some point in the comics, Thor did take Jane to Asgard with him, where she was briefly granted immortality and the power of gods; which could evidently be a twist for the film.

While staying noted that this is just a theory, and somewhat speculation, what would you think of Thor going on an all-out Asgardian adventure, rather than Earthly; like his outing in next summer's The Avengers?

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: August 31, 2011, 09:48:03 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=45528

UPDATE: Full Version Of "The Consultant" Short Film From THOR Blu-Ray Leaks Online!
We've caught a glimpse of it before, but we now have the FULL version of the short which sees a meeting between Agent Coulson and Jasper Sitwell as they discuss sending a "Consultant" to meet with The Incredible Hulk's General Ross...

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2011, 11:08:50 PM »
Thor learns how to handle his hammer...

Chris Hemsworth Learns How To Wield Mjolnir In Latest THOR Blu-Ray Featurette!
Featuring some fantastic behind the scenes footage of Chris Hemsworth learning to wield Mjolnir, as well as the actor fighting the Frost Giants, check out this latest featurette and previously seen deleted scene from the movie...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=46336

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2011, 01:32:02 AM »
Thor learns how to handle his hammer...

Chris Hemsworth Learns How To Wield Mjolnir In Latest THOR Blu-Ray Featurette!
Featuring some fantastic behind the scenes footage of Chris Hemsworth learning to wield Mjolnir, as well as the actor fighting the Frost Giants, check out this latest featurette and previously seen deleted scene from the movie...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=46336

bump for later