Author Topic: Sore Losers  (Read 6213 times)

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
Re: Sore Losers
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2008, 04:51:44 PM »
Do you understand the role of the voters?

The court shouldn't even be involved. Basically you have the gays trying to "sue" the people in the state that voted against gay marraige, to get what they consider their rights.

So where do you draw the line? Do you stop at gay marraige or keep going into polygamy, gay polygamy, bestiality, pedophilia? Where does it end, after your group gets what it wants, or the next group? Every group will use the same excuse, "It's our right!!!"

No need to be a drama queen - we are talking about the rights of two consenting adults.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2008, 05:31:54 PM »
No need to be a drama queen - we are talking about the rights of two consenting adults.
So polygamy is no problem for you? 3-4-5+ consenting adults.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2008, 06:48:31 PM »
Do you understand the role of the voters?

The court shouldn't even be involved. Basically you have the gays trying to "sue" the people in the state that voted against gay marraige, to get what they consider their rights.

So where do you draw the line? Do you stop at gay marraige or keep going into polygamy, gay polygamy, bestiality, pedophilia? Where does it end, after your group gets what it wants, or the next group? Every group will use the same excuse, "It's our right!!!"

Are you just going to keep repeating the same tired fallacious arguments.

The court did it's job by rendering a decision on whether a law voted on by the people violated the constitution.   That's their job.  It doesn't matter whether you understand it or disagree.  It doesn't change reality.  In reality that is their role.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2008, 07:27:28 PM »

Are you just going to keep repeating the same tired fallacious arguments.

The court did it's job by rendering a decision on whether a law voted on by the people violated the constitution.   That's their job.  It doesn't matter whether you understand it or disagree.  It doesn't change reality.  In reality that is their role.

Where in the constitution does it say gays have the right to marry?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2008, 09:01:26 PM »
Where in the constitution does it say gays have the right to marry?

where does it say anything about marriage?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2008, 09:11:58 PM »
where does it say anything about marriage?

Are you gay?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2008, 09:17:20 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2008, 09:27:58 PM »
nope

are you?
No.

What is your interest in promoting the gay agenda?

What reason(s) could you give to change my mind, that gay marraige should be legalized?

BTW, the whole "it's their right" is not going to work, think of something else.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #58 on: November 20, 2008, 09:33:05 PM »
No.

What is your interest in promoting the gay agenda?

What reason(s) could you give to change my mind, that gay marraige should be legalized?

BTW, the whole "it's their right" is not going to work, think of something else.

I'm not promoting

I'm indifferent

I don't care at all whether gays can marry

It doesn't bother me at all

why do you care?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: November 20, 2008, 09:43:38 PM »
I'm not promoting

I'm indifferent

I don't care at all whether gays can marry

It doesn't bother me at all

why do you care?
Your first post in this thread indicates you think they had the right to marry and we took it away. You're showing alot of concern for someone who is "indifferent" and "doesn't care at all if gays can marry"

Serious Question

Who's rights should we take away next?

I'm thinking Muslim

No one can deny that being Muslim is a choice

who's with me?

The only thing I care about is that the people have spoken and voted time and again, the majority vote against gay marraige. Yet the gays keep throwing a fit, trying to force their sexual ways onto the general population. And convincing a single judge they have certain "rights" is alot easier than the public.

Hypothetical Q.......if Prop 8 had been rejected and the gays could marry and the streets filled with angry protestors, jumping on cop cars, beating Mormons, blocking traffic, calling for a ban on an entire religion and state........how would you feel about that group of people?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2008, 09:52:08 PM »
Your first post in this thread indicates you think they had the right to marry and we took it away. You're showing alot of concern for someone who is "indifferent" and "doesn't care at all if gays can marry"

it has nothing to do with what I think

If you knew me in real life you'd understand that I'm very lazy

I don't give a shit about almost everything

that includes not caring if gay people want to get married

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2008, 10:06:24 PM »
So polygamy is no problem for you? 3-4-5+ consenting adults.

Their lives - they can do what they want.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2008, 10:15:04 PM »
Hypothetical Q.......if Prop 8 had been rejected and the gays could marry and the streets filled with angry protestors, jumping on cop cars, beating Mormons, blocking traffic, calling for a ban on an entire religion and state........how would you feel about that group of people?

Why, that would be horrendous hate crimes, of course.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2008, 07:36:39 AM »
Your first post in this thread indicates you think they had the right to marry and we took it away.

btw - you are aware that is exactly what happened right?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2008, 04:41:01 PM »
btw - you are aware that is exactly what happened right?

LOL, we're going round and round, you don't get it. Maybe Hereford could explain it to you, I don't have the patience any more. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2008, 05:52:44 PM »
Christians and Gays Behaving Badly

Posted By Elizabeth Scalia On November 20, 2008 @ 12:00 am In . Most Popular 03, . Positioning, Legal, Lifestyle, Politics, Religion, Sex, US News, World News | 169 Comments

There is [1] a video making the rounds that shows an angry mob of California gays confronting and intimidating Christians over the passage of Proposition 8, which outlawed gay marriage in that state. Michelle Malkin has [2] a narrative of the event that sounds worse than the tape, which already sounds pretty bad.

Reportedly the Christians met once a week to pray and sing on the public corner. Whether they’re hoping to “straighten out” gays or simply trying to facilitate encounters with Christ is unclear, but their method is problematic; it’s not how Jesus would do it.

Jesus went to the people he wanted to meet and he ate with them — or served them. He fellowshipped and got to know the community in personal and intimate ways. He attracted them with his love and his stability. He didn’t stand around singing hymns and praying for them, which might have seemed both separatist and condescending — and therefore off-putting — to the very people he hoped to engage.

The Christians may have unintentionally come off as condescending. We may presume that they would not want a crowd of gays meeting on their curb each week to proselytize. As a Catholic I would take issue with other Christians, no matter how well-intentioned, standing at the curb praying for my redemption based solely upon their knowledge not of me, but of my habits or my religion. Their singing songs for my salvation would come off as sitting in judgment of me. Even if that’s not how they meant it.

That said, the gay community is being rather cowardly in going after praying Christians and the always placid Mormons. People of faith have certainly made their share of public missteps and that gives some people a sense of justified loathing. But [3] analysis has shown that Proposition 8 passed largely thanks to the Hispanic and African-American voters who turned out for Barack Obama and who, generally, do not support gay marriage. The gay activists — ever politically correct — [4] are not targeting those communities; they’re targeting the churches.

Or, more correctly, those parts of the faith community easiest to hammer, not the storefront churches in disadvantaged neighborhoods and not the mosques.

So, yes, these demonstrations and maneuvers are a bit cowardly, the outrage a bit selective.

Well, alright. In a secular culture, it is easier to browbeat the already despised, and Christ said Christians would be hated, so it comes with the gig — and no whining. But the gay community needs to realize that [5] harassing businesses into paying graft or [6] intimidating a guy into quitting his job because he dares to think differently smacks not of liberality of thought, but of narrow thuggery.

A willingness to disregard established freedoms of expression and worship in pursuit of new freedoms will ultimately destroy more than it creates. Or, as Pope Leo the Great wrote, “Those who are not good to others are bad to themselves.”

That sounds simplistic, but it is also correct. Tearing others down does not build up. Instead of bullying the electorate, the gay community needs to calmly make their case, ask for support, and bring it to a vote as many times as it takes. If the Christians are wrong to proselytize without actually getting to know their neighbors, well, the gays are also wrong to browbeat, intimidate, or ruin others, instead of working within the democratic process.

The Christians at Castro need to remember that Jesus joined others in community. Excusing nothing, he loved others, even in all their faults and — only when asked to — he healed them. He never just said, “Hey, I’m going to whip a little faith on you, whether you want it or not.”

Meanwhile, the churches should reconsider their roles in authenticating marriage. Governments issue birth certificates; churches issue baptismal certificates. Governments issue death certificates; churches pray the funerals. Governments issue divorces; Churches annul. Both work within their separate and necessary spheres, serving the corporeal and the spiritual. It is only in the issue of marriage that church and state have commingled authority. That should perhaps change, and soon. Let the government certify and the churches sanctify according to their rites and sacraments.

Article printed from Pajamas Media: http://pajamasmedia.com

URL to article: http://pajamasmedia.com/blog/christians-and-gays-behaving-badly/

URLs in this post:
[1] a video making the rounds:

[2] a narrative of the event: http://michellemalkin.com/2008/11/17/anti-prop-8-mob-watch-san-franciscos-castro-district/
[3] analysis has shown: http://www.sacbee.com/walters/story/1387029.html
[4] are not targeting those communities: http://pajamasmedia.com../../../../../blog/lapd-treating-prop-8-protests-with-kid-gloves/
[5] harassing businesses: http://michellemalkin.com/2008/11/17/restaurant-bullied-by-anti-prop-8-mob-offers-up-payment/
[6] intimidating a guy into quitting his job: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics/AP/story/770039.html

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2008, 07:50:50 PM »
LOL, we're going round and round, you don't get it. Maybe Hereford could explain it to you, I don't have the patience any more. :)

gay people had the right to marry

your first clue would be all those gay marriages

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2008, 08:01:47 PM »
gay people had the right to marry

your first clue would be all those gay marriages
They were given that right AFTER the people voted it down, by four judges.
Like I said, easier to convince four than it is the general public.

Like I said, going in circles with you.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2008, 10:33:44 AM »
They were given that right AFTER the people voted it down, by four judges.
Like I said, easier to convince four than it is the general public.

Like I said, going in circles with you.

ok - I assume you're actually aware of all the facts so let me just ask, do you think the CA Supreme Court should even hear cases that challenge the constitutionality of laws?
If not, what should their role be (in your mind)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2008, 06:12:10 PM »
ok - I assume you're actually aware of all the facts so let me just ask, do you think the CA Supreme Court should even hear cases that challenge the constitutionality of laws?
If not, what should their role be (in your mind)
No they should not, they should enforce the existing laws voted on by the people. They should be there to make the decision of whether or not the existing laws were broken, not whether they should be changed. The people should decide whether or not change is necessary, not a court.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ekto62

• Getbig II
« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2008, 07:41:18 PM »
No they should not, they should enforce the existing laws voted on by the people. They should be there to make the decision of whether or not the existing laws were broken, not whether they should be changed. The people should decide whether or not change is necessary, not a court.
Wow.  Just wow.  So basically you think the Founders were wrong to set up the Supreme Court to work as it does???  You'd prefer the tyranny of the majority??  And what if the majority votes to take away YOUR rights???  Just where do you think you're going to turn???

Mind-boggling . . ..  did you take ANY history in school??? 

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2008, 07:46:39 PM »
Wow.  Just wow.  So basically you think the Founders were wrong to set up the Supreme Court to work as it does???  You'd prefer the tyranny of the majority??  And what if the majority votes to take away YOUR rights???  Just where do you think you're going to turn???

Mind-boggling . . ..  did you take ANY history in school??? 
::)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

ekto62

• Getbig II
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2008, 07:56:39 PM »
Does that mean you're incapable of answering coherently?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2008, 07:57:09 PM »
::)

I don't know what you mean

can you explain your position in words rather than an emoticon

thanks

chaos

• Getbig V