Author Topic: Sugar  (Read 2008 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Sugar
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 06:56:53 AM »
there probably wouldnt have been much of a need to preserve fruits anyways since they are fresh seasonal mainly preserving nuts and fats would have been key

of course meat

i can defnitly see fats being important in the winter so would meat

but nowadays meat is unessential because of heme-iron
Winter in Africa is not really all that bad.  ;)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 07:01:49 AM »
Winter in Africa is not really all that bad.  ;)

do you have any recipes for gluten free pizza adam
T

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 07:03:51 AM »

Just use the regular ingredients i.e. dried yeast, warm water, olive oil etc and replace the wheat flour with a mixture of rice four/potato flour

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 07:05:40 AM »
No they weren`t.  Where humans originated, Africa, fruit trees produce year round.

All plants go through a cycle of growth and all plants aren't on the same growth cycle meaning some plant foods will be available at certain times.  These plants were harvested wild, since they was no agriculture, and subject to competition by other species and enciornmental variables-meaning-acquisition and consumption would not have been on a consistent basis, and certainly not to the degree consumed presently.

Human beings weren`t "meant" to wear eyeglasses, take medication for any health problems, drive cars, fly planes, build cities, invent electricity-so I guess we don`t need those things either.  :-\

In a way, that is true but also not true. Evolutionarily speaking, those who were not capable of hunting game or surviving illness would have died off.  But, human beings have also evolved to be inventive and social creatures who adapt not only biologically but culturally and intellectual.  We care for each others and find solutions to problems.

The differences being that the use of glasses, for example, aren't contrary to our biological programming.  A better analogy would be the inhalation of  carbon dioxide, which in small quantities won't harm you but in large amounts will be deadly.  We have evolved to handle a particular threshold and anything above that threshold is lethal.  

I have to admit I'm simply speculating.  I enjoy the exchange of ideas and don't have a strong opinion.  
A

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 07:09:07 AM »
Honey doesn`t spoil.  Either does Corn Syrup.

http://www.karosyrup.com/faq_text.html

How long can Karo syrup be stored?

Karo syrup is safe to eat for an indefinite period of time whether it has been opened or not opened. However, for best results we recommend using before the "Best by" date stamped on the container. Bottles may be refrigerated after opening, however, the syrup will be thicker and slower to pour.

All these foods have gone through a process of refinement and processing.  Im specifically referring to human evolution before the advent of agriculture.  Our bodies havent changed much since that point.  Also, human vary a lot, which is a necessary component of evolution, and some individuals are going to be more tolerant to certain foods.
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2013, 09:03:52 AM »
No and you have no business bothering with Gluten Free anything.  Celiac Disease occurs in less than 1 percent of the population, it is EXTREMELY RARE.  Its a fad and you are taking the bait, hook line and sinker.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2013, 09:48:45 AM »
Sugar is bad

Sugar is not bad.  Anything in moderation is fine.  Excess sugar is potentially bad, if you are not burning it off.