Author Topic: $8 Big Macs coming soon if libtards have their way  (Read 26607 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: $8 Big Macs coming soon if libtards have their way
« Reply #225 on: December 29, 2013, 06:07:33 PM »
Also, what does corporate greed have to do with this?

Whether or not I think CEOs are paid too much has nothing to do with the fact I don't think McDonald's workers are under paid... They are paid as much as they should be to do that job.

The job of a high school kid.

The job of someone who should not be having 3 fucking kids and trying to support them.

Agreed. Mcdonalds profit margins don't have shit to do with the worth of a fry cook. Not to mention that there is no legality about how much an employee has to make minimum as a % of their total profit margin, or compared to their highest earner, or any bullshit like that.

Is it morally wrong? Thats debatable. Is it legally wrong? Not at all.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #226 on: December 29, 2013, 06:09:59 PM »
you guys are not looking at it through the eyes of a libtard

in their eyes it is about fairness and fairness is determined by what they have compared to others not by what a person should be paid for the service they provide.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #227 on: December 29, 2013, 06:41:28 PM »
you guys are not looking at it through the eyes of a libtard

in their eyes it is about fairness and fairness is determined by what they have compared to others not by what a person should be paid for the service they provide.
retarded. Worth isnt something determined by what others have. Its determined by what skills you have, how well you market yourself, and what the market is willing to pay.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: December 29, 2013, 06:53:34 PM »
retarded. Worth isnt something determined by what others have. Its determined by what skills you have, how well you market yourself, and what the market is willing to pay.
libtards, do you agree or not?

we know the answer already....

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #229 on: December 29, 2013, 09:03:42 PM »
nope they are a part of that family, shitty situation...Still not mine or anyone elses responsibility.

So why do you insist on supporting them with your taxes, and tax subsidies to her employer?

Why are you so adamant to stand in her way, when she and her co-workers attempt to renegotiate their remuneration between themselves?

THINK MAN! THINK!!!!
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: December 29, 2013, 09:06:54 PM »
I happen to be of the opinion that that if you hire someone FULL-TIME, they should be able to come away with a liveable wage, ...otherwise it's barely a step up from slavery.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: December 29, 2013, 09:10:25 PM »
So why do you insist on supporting them with your taxes, and tax subsidies to her employer?

Why are you so adamant to stand in her way, when she and her co-workers attempt to renegotiate their remuneration between themselves?

THINK MAN! THINK!!!!
where did I say I wanted to support their shitty decisions with my tax dollars?

maybe if you learned to comprehend others posts instead of trying to pimp barely legal entities while praying you dont end up back in jail you would get that I am A-Ok letting these people deal with the shitty decisions they have made on their own.

Maybe then their children and others will understand its not other peoples responsibility to take care of their fuck ups.

If it is between the employer and the employee thats fine, dont try and get the govt to mandate a higher wage though.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: December 29, 2013, 09:11:34 PM »
I happen to be of the opinion that that if you hire someone FULL-TIME, they should be able to come away with a liveable wage, ...otherwise it's barely a step up from slavery.
define liveable wage libtard, its a cute buzz word and talking point but doesnt mean anything in the real world.

does liveable wage include the right to have 3 children?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #233 on: December 30, 2013, 12:02:25 AM »
where did I say I wanted to support their shitty decisions with my tax dollars?

maybe if you learned to comprehend others posts instead of trying to pimp barely legal entities while praying you dont end up back in jail you would get that I am A-Ok letting these people deal with the shitty decisions they have made on their own.

Maybe if you pulled your head from out of your anatomy, you would be able to tell the difference between a white man from California, and a Black woman from Canada. Michael Forrest was put in jail. I am NOT Michael Forrest. I do not know Michael Forrest, and have never had anything to do with him. You know that, yet you keep making these libelous statements. It adds nothing to your credibility to continue to do so.

Maybe then their children and others will understand its not other peoples responsibility to take care of their fuck ups.

You still have yet to tell me what her "fuck ups" are. I'm waiting...

If it is between the employer and the employee thats fine, dont try and get the govt to mandate a higher wage though.

So why the heck are you even flapping your gums in this thread then? Just love to type... is that it?
Fast food workers weren't holding random rotating strikes on the Gov't. They were doing it at McDonalds.

And why shouldn't underpaid workers seek redress through the Gov't.

Minimum wage was originally fixed to ensure that all workers had a liveable wage, and that workers in the USA were not reduced to working all week for a bowl of rice, ...or in her case a McFlurry and a Happy Meal.

The cost of living has gone up significantly. During those 10 years, I'm sure McDonalds has raised it's prices, yet they continue to benefit & profit from the work of hundreds of thousands like her.
w

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #234 on: December 30, 2013, 02:16:27 AM »

Not in the minds of the lazy/jealous/idiotic.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #235 on: December 30, 2013, 08:19:03 AM »
You don't think having 3 kids while working at a mcdonalds and living on a mcdonalds wage is a fuck up.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #236 on: December 30, 2013, 11:41:27 AM »
You don't think having 3 kids while working at a mcdonalds and living on a mcdonalds wage is a fuck up.
no shit right? No, having kids without being able to pay for them isnt a fuckup, her employer is clearly responsible for making sure her children are taken care of.

holy fucking broken ass logic.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #237 on: December 30, 2013, 11:44:34 AM »
$8 Big Macs!!!! Oh the horror!!!!!

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #238 on: December 30, 2013, 12:00:09 PM »
from site on internet raise the minimum wage

The minimum wage of the past was a stronger standard, providing significantly more buying power than it does today. After its creation in 1938, the value of the minimum wage rose relatively steadily until its value reached a high point in 1968 (when its nominal value was $1.60 an hour).  Thereafter, it suffered dramatic erosion as Congress failed to adequately correct for inflation over time.

The minimum wage of $1.60 an hour in 1968 would be $10.56 today when adjusted for inflation [see the Bureau of Labor Statistics' Consumer Price Index inflation calculator.]

10.56 doesn't sound unreasonable

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #239 on: December 30, 2013, 12:27:38 PM »
again... her only w options are welfare3 or mcdonalds? She not capable of filing papers for any number of places looking for an office assistant? Of getting gov help to get an education? Not capable of doing ANYTHING besides flipping burgers or being on welfare?

She could go out and find another job that pays better. Instead she wants Mcdonalds to increase her pay because she has 3 kids and cant support them, which is not their problem. She is responsible for her wellbeing, for finding a job that will pay what she wants, and for taking care of her kids. If Mcdonalds wont do it, fine, then go find another job in between her 5 hour 4 day weekly shifts.

mcdonalds has no legal obligation to pay anything that they dont deem necessary or fair, and no one, not even this woman, has an obligation to work for them for less pay than they deserve.

if shes there, shez there because she CHOOSES TO BE.

And she might be dumb as a pile rocks therefore no advancement to a better job?

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #240 on: December 30, 2013, 12:29:34 PM »
nope they are a part of that family, shitty situation...Still not mine or anyone elses responsibility.

Doesnt matter who do you think ends up with bill for prisons, foster parents etc?

You need to understand the realities of the world you live in.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #241 on: December 30, 2013, 01:40:37 PM »

1. A couple working at the minimum wage at 40 hours a week will earn almost exactly $30K a year, which is about 60% of median household income in the US. Why do you think that these people are going to die without an increase in wages (i.e., that their wage isn't "liveable")?

2. Why do you presume that increasing the minimum wage -- or having one at all, for that matter -- is the only possible policy for ensuring a liveable wage for all workers? In reality, there is a whole portfolio of options, including increasing the earned income tax credit or outright income subsidies -- both of which do not adversely impact unemployment rates as a minimum wage does.

3. Almost no one gets payed the minimum wage for the duration of their career, because almost no one gets payed the minimum wage at all -- not even 3% of workers receive minimum wage. Therefore, this isn't an economic issue with outstanding significance, but a narrow issue impacting relatively with persons being pushed for political purposes.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #242 on: December 30, 2013, 01:51:08 PM »
$8 Big Macs!!!! Oh the horror!!!!!

I like my Big Macs less than 5 bucks bro.

I do think the minimum wage should be raised. I don't think 15 bucks an hour is the right number.

That's all.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #243 on: December 30, 2013, 03:31:04 PM »

And she might be dumb as a pile rocks therefore no advancement to a better job?

You can be dumb as fuck and still be able to file papers, work a field, drive a truck, clean houses, etc, etc, etc, or do something else that isn't burger flipping but pays slightly more.
She obviously isn't management material. Which isn't saying much at McDonalds.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #244 on: December 30, 2013, 03:31:36 PM »
I like my Big Macs less than 5 bucks bro.

I do think the minimum wage should be raised. I don't think 15 bucks an hour is the right number.

That's all.

Go to a quality place instead.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: December 30, 2013, 03:31:44 PM »

Doesnt matter who do you think ends up with bill for prisons, foster parents etc?

You need to understand the realities of the world you live in.
oh so now its about reality?

when your "think about it from a business standpoint" idiocy failed, its now about reality?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: December 30, 2013, 03:32:54 PM »

Go to a quality place instead.
LOL so you mean if tu wants something different its up to him to go get it but if these fuck ups want something different its up to us to provide for them?

hahahah nice hypocrisey

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #247 on: December 30, 2013, 03:39:11 PM »
oh so now its about reality?

when your "think about it from a business standpoint" idiocy failed, its now about reality?

This is like talking to a door.

3 kids bills for prisons, forsterhomes etc is expensive for the taxpayers. Thats makes it bad business.

Seriously Tony at least pretend you are learning because im tired having to explain everything to you.

Dont you have a father somewhere who can help?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: December 30, 2013, 03:41:23 PM »
This is like talking to a door.

3 kids bills for prisons, forsterhomes etc is expensive for the taxpayers. Thats makes it bad business.

Seriously Tony at least pretend you are learning because im tired having to explain everything to you.

Dont you have a father somewhere who can help?
LMFAO at first you tried to say justify your idiocy by saying think of it like a business. When I pointed out that as a business it would be much cheaper to just cut there fuck ups off and let them deal with their own mistakes you back track and say no dont think about it like a business.

again why not just let these fuck ups deal with their shitty decisions on their own?

Maybe their children will learn a thing or two....

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #249 on: December 30, 2013, 03:41:42 PM »
LOL so you mean if tu wants something different its up to him to go get it but if these fuck ups want something different its up to us to provide for them?

hahahah nice hypocrisey

I meant for Tu to go get a quality burger instead of the Mcd crap.

WTF are you talking about?