Author Topic: I love my gym  (Read 2867 times)

Tatyana

• Getbig III
Re: I love my gym
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 03:53:04 PM »
The story is absurd and funny but totally true. He is a competitor on the international level. The owner wanted him to keep covered up due to the intimidation factor. And absolutely no pulling down pants and posing on the gym floor.  :D

That's one of the best bits, keeps me motivated to go to the gym.

Men in their CKs, brilliant

Tatyana

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2007, 03:56:40 PM »
What the fuck is a proper bodybuilding gym.  Retarded bodybuilders who scream and throw weights should be banned. 

This is a proper (pronounced pro-pah for those of you who do not know Thames estuarine lingo) gym.

Also close to my regular gym.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2007, 04:04:54 PM »
looks like a dump

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2007, 04:26:05 PM »
brutal wood db racks and weights from wwii
tank u jesus

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2007, 04:34:26 PM »
brutal wood db racks and weights from wwii
LOL. Has to be post-WWII, or else they would have been melted down for the war effort. Still fences missing half their supports etc. if you look around.

/you'd need that tetanus shot, tho

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2007, 04:49:32 PM »
The funny thing is that people will chime in that the gym is "hardcore."  Great, so to be hardcore I need to workout with rusty weights, bent up bars, broken benches and shitty equipment.

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2007, 04:56:58 PM »
bunch a fucking panzy's here ,
the real gym is in my basement ,1 bar , 700lbs of olympic plates , chin bar drilled through the fucking floor joists and an adjustable bench. hits 30 dgrees in the winter and 110 in the summer you fucking clowns!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2007, 05:01:35 PM »
bunch a fucking panzy's here ,
the real gym is in my basement ,1 bar , 700lbs of olympic plates , chin bar drilled through the fucking floor joists and an adjustable bench. hits 30 dgrees in the winter and 110 in the summer you fucking clowns!
And no squat rack. Yeah we know.  :D

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2007, 05:03:44 PM »
HEY TATJANA, WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF THIS HUNK RAN PAST YOU AT THE BEACH, WITH SO MUCH CHARISMA. HUGE NASSER EL SONBATY HUGEEEEEEE

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2007, 05:05:19 PM »
And no squat rack. Yeah we know.  :D
deadlifts my friend, heavy lunges ect.... after 5 sets of deads till failure there is nothing left for squats!
get your thighs near parallel to the floor while doing deads and they serve the same purpose.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2007, 05:15:06 PM »
LOL. Has to be post-WWII, or else they would have been melted down for the war effort. Still fences missing half their supports etc. if you look around.

i don't think so. I remember seeing pics of my grandpa in the gym and they used those kind of weights in the hitler youth.

;D
tank u jesus

Tatyana

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2007, 05:40:25 PM »

Owned by a 1969 Mr. Universe, he still trains there.

The only thing that doesn't work is the one ancient exercise bike

Tatyana

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2007, 05:46:51 PM »
HEY TATJANA, WHAT WOULD YOU DO IF THIS HUNK RAN PAST YOU AT THE BEACH, WITH SO MUCH CHARISMA. HUGE NASSER EL SONBATY HUGEEEEEEE

Great legs, I have always like Nasser's physique.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 03:14:57 AM »
The serious lifters are actually not bad for business.  What's bad for biz are the just some of the attitudes, screaming, crashing the weights for no reason, generally rude/moronic behavior.
I know what you mean by unnecessary showing off. But even the serious lifters can get very "intense" in a way that is intimidating to newbies, senior citizens, etc. Imagine a Vogelpohl or Benedikt Magnusson or Andy Bolton lifting and psyching up next to a senior citizen. Chalk clouds, sniffing ammonia caps, the loud shouting of encouragement and stuff like that is not what gym owners love if they are trying to cater to a larger clientele. That's why gyms that cater to both often build a section specifically for PL'ers etc.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 06:48:09 AM »
120s only? that's weak... 160 should be mandatory minimum
ehh..not much need for anythnig over 120's yet.. i guess i could use a bit more on bent over dumbell rows; but  other than that i dont reach 120 on anything. although i could shrug the 120's wuite easily, i prefer light weight for traps, mine seem to respond better to high reps.

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 06:52:28 AM »
the World's gym near my work still caters to heavy lifting.  The Planet Fitness which unfortunately now owns World's tries to push bodybuilders away.  I wonder how long Worlds will stay like it is
X

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2007, 09:06:57 AM »
db
F

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2007, 09:40:57 AM »
ehh..not much need for anythnig over 120's yet.. i guess i could use a bit more on bent over dumbell rows; but  other than that i dont reach 120 on anything. although i could shrug the 120's wuite easily, i prefer light weight for traps, mine seem to respond better to high reps.

yeah i'm not exactly pressing anything like that either. DB rows and shrugs is what it's needed for.
tank u jesus

Tatyana

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2007, 03:08:33 PM »
don't tell them how massive i am Tatyana. i don't want people feeling intimidated by my presence.

LOL, it is not you!