Author Topic: Obama leaking private conversation with Bush  (Read 11385 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama leaking private conversation with Bush
« Reply #125 on: November 14, 2008, 06:21:39 AM »
Homer opined that war is part of the human condition.  We are a warlike people.

I am not such a fatalist. 

I believe in free will to the extent that it was not written in stone that a war had to happen as a result of the attacks of 9/11.

That's too easy.  Too simple and it justifies too much evil.

I am not a fatalist, I am a reality based person who realizes that things are the way they are and you are not going to change them. 

Wars have and will be fought forever, whether you like it or not.

Even as recently as pre-WW2, Nevllle Chamberline tried desperately to avoid war with Hitler, look how that worked out???

The best way to avoid war is through projecting strength to your enemies.  Have you ever read Sun Tzu are of war????

Bin Laden himself stated that after not responding to the attacks of the Cole, WTC 1993, Kobar Towers, running scared in Somalia, that America is a paper tiger afraid to use its strength.

By projecting weakness in the 1990's, the terrorists became bold enough to pull off 9/11.       

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: November 14, 2008, 12:01:06 PM »
That is pure 100% nonsense.  GWB for weeks told the taliban that he would not invade if they turned over Bin Laden and the people responsible.  They refused to do it.   
Before they would hand him over, the Afghani government asked Bush for a mere scintilla of proof that OBL was behind the 9/11 attacks. 

What an unreasonable demand!

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: November 14, 2008, 12:03:40 PM »
Decker, question bro..

Can a conservative do anything right by you?

If a G. Bush walked up to you and handed you a hundred dollar bill, would you hate him and flame him for being 'fiscally irresponsible'?

:)

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: November 14, 2008, 12:04:49 PM »
I am not a fatalist, I am a reality based person who realizes that things are the way they are and you are not going to change them. 

Wars have and will be fought forever, whether you like it or not.

Even as recently as pre-WW2, Nevllle Chamberline tried desperately to avoid war with Hitler, look how that worked out???

The best way to avoid war is through projecting strength to your enemies.  Have you ever read Sun Tzu are of war????

Bin Laden himself stated that after not responding to the attacks of the Cole, WTC 1993, Kobar Towers, running scared in Somalia, that America is a paper tiger afraid to use its strength.

By projecting weakness in the 1990's, the terrorists became bold enough to pull off 9/11.       
I am not a fatalist. . .Wars have and will be fought forever, whether you like it or not.

You'd better reassess your statements for accuracy.

But there you go again with your rightwing talking points.

What the hell is OBL supposed to say?  The truth?  "American a singular ubeatable force that runs the world as it sees fit.  It uses any country it wants for its own purposes and has no respect for others's life, liberty or property"...

Of course he won't admit that.  He'll feed you BS and just like Bush, you bite like it's an all-you-can-eat buffet.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: November 14, 2008, 12:07:22 PM »
Decker, question bro..

Can a conservative do anything right by you?

If a G. Bush walked up to you and handed you a hundred dollar bill, would you hate him and flame him for being 'fiscally irresponsible'?

:)
Show me a Bill Buckley/Berkeley conservative and then we'll talk.

Conservatism in its present hypocritical form is cancer to this country.

If Bush were to hand me a $100 it's only b/c he had something else up his sleeve.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: November 14, 2008, 12:09:21 PM »
Before they would hand him over, the Afghani government asked Bush for a mere scintilla of proof that OBL was behind the 9/11 attacks. 

What an unreasonable demand!

Oh are you one of those now?????  Bin Laden didn't do it??????

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: November 14, 2008, 12:10:02 PM »
No, George Bush did it.

Don't you know anything?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #132 on: November 14, 2008, 12:13:04 PM »
Oh are you one of those now?????  Bin Laden didn't do it??????
Now?

I'm just telling you the facts and you go into attack mode.

I bet that propeller on your hat is spinning so fast it's smokin'.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: November 14, 2008, 12:15:45 PM »
Now?

I'm just telling you the facts and you go into attack mode.

I bet that propeller on your hat is spinning so fast it's smokin'.

Arn't you the one who keeps saying that GWB ignored the CIA memo about "Bin Laden determined to attack the US"?

Which is it?????

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: November 14, 2008, 12:22:57 PM »
Arn't you the one who keeps saying that GWB ignored the CIA memo about "Bin Laden determined to attack the US"?

Which is it?????

Are you saying that Bush never saw the CIA report entiteld "OBL determined to strike in US"?

That would put you at odds with Rice and Bush then.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #135 on: November 14, 2008, 01:00:22 PM »
That is pure 100% nonsense.  GWB for weeks told the taliban that he would not invade if they turned over Bin Laden and the people responsible.  They refused to do it.   

they offered.

to turn him over to a world trial.

or to us, if we provided evidence of his guilt.

to this day, he's not even wanted by the FBI for the crime, so it's safe to say that evidence never materialized :(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: November 14, 2008, 01:06:16 PM »
they offered.

to turn him over to a world trial.

or to us, if we provided evidence of his guilt.

to this day, he's not even wanted by the FBI for the crime, so it's safe to say that evidence never materialized :(

So the tape of Bin Laden admitting to being behind it is a fake too?

You conspiracy nuts are amazing.  You blame GWB for ignoring a memo that said Bin Laden was determined to attack the US with planes, and then when it happens, you claim Bin Laden did not do it? 

So was that memo a fake too?

You guys are so tangled in all the contradictions of all your crazy theories.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #137 on: November 14, 2008, 01:17:34 PM »

So the tape of Bin Laden admitting to being behind it is a fake too?

You conspiracy nuts are amazing.  You blame GWB for ignoring a memo that said Bin Laden was determined to attack the US with planes, and then when it happens, you claim Bin Laden did not do it? 

So was that memo a fake too?

You guys are so tangled in all the contradictions of all your crazy theories.

oh brother... colin powell slipped and said we'd find that tape a few days before it was discovered.

believe what you want.  the rest of the world, and the majority of america, knows it's a load of shit.  There are still grown-ups who believe in santa claus, too, I suppose.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: November 14, 2008, 02:12:59 PM »
Show me a Bill Buckley/Berkeley conservative and then we'll talk.

Conservatism in its present hypocritical form is cancer to this country.

If Bush were to hand me a $100 it's only b/c he had something else up his sleeve.

Soooo;..... how come you don't question the motives of the Liberal democrats social redistribution schemes?

Do you think the libs want to dump all those trillions into the 'social welfare' rathole because they really care about the bottom-feeders of society?

Perhaps they just want to buy the votes or something? And there is a lot more scumbags needing welfare than decent hard-working people coming up and voting in the relative near future?

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #139 on: November 14, 2008, 02:31:31 PM »
I am not a fatalist. . .Wars have and will be fought forever, whether you like it or not.

What the hell is OBL supposed to say?  The truth?  "American a singular ubeatable force that runs the world as it sees fit.  It uses any country it wants for its own purposes and has no respect for others's life, liberty or property"...

Of course he won't admit that.  He'll feed you BS and just like Bush, you bite like it's an all-you-can-eat buffet.

you have really been sucked in man.  you do make some really good posts and i respect your opinion on a lot of things but do you hear what you're saying?  you think america "runs the world as it sees fit.  It uses any country it wants for its own purposes and has no respect for others's life, liberty or property"?  you think 9/11 was americas fault?  seriously?

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2008, 07:14:10 AM »
Soooo;..... how come you don't question the motives of the Liberal democrats social redistribution schemes?

Do you think the libs want to dump all those trillions into the 'social welfare' rathole because they really care about the bottom-feeders of society?

Perhaps they just want to buy the votes or something? And there is a lot more scumbags needing welfare than decent hard-working people coming up and voting in the relative near future?
Some of the dark motives you attribute to democrats may apply.  Maybe they don't.  I don't really care what motivates them as long as the least among us are given a hand up through the democratic policies implemented.

For the most part, critics that play the 'analyzation of motives' game have fallen for the process over substance bullshit of national punditry.  Who gives a shit what a politician is thinking at the time he voted for X?  That's for nattering old ladies to discuss.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2008, 07:15:38 AM »
you have really been sucked in man.  you do make some really good posts and i respect your opinion on a lot of things but do you hear what you're saying?  you think america "runs the world as it sees fit.  It uses any country it wants for its own purposes and has no respect for others's life, liberty or property"?  you think 9/11 was americas fault?  seriously?

The attacks of 9/11 were the fault of Al Qaeda.  Not Iraq.  Not the Taliban.  Seriously.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2008, 07:59:44 AM »

I guess I look at it from a hypocrisy stand point.

The GOP is supposed to be against all of that spending and what not, but they still got down with giving 850 billion dollar bailout bill.

At least the Dems being for it is in line with their rhetoric, but it's completely against the Repubs tag line.

I think McCain may have put up a much better chance at winning this past year had he only done two things.

1. Not approve the bailout

and

2. Not picked Palin.

I might have voted for him to be honest.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2008, 08:08:00 AM »
I guess I look at it from a hypocrisy stand point.

The GOP is supposed to be against all of that spending and what not, but they still got down with giving 850 billion dollar bailout bill.

At least the Dems being for it is in line with their rhetoric, but it's completely against the Repubs tag line.

I think McCain may have put up a much better chance at winning this past year had he only done two things.

1. Not approve the bailout

and

2. Not picked Palin.

I might have voted for him to be honest.

Palin helped McCain.  If Palin were not picked, Obama would have won by over ten million votes. 

McCain lost because:

1.  Supported the bailout thus making him not "maverick" but a washington insider.

2.  Refusing to go after Rev. Wright as an issue. 

3.  Bringing up Ayers but at the same time saying "we have nothing to fear from an Obama presidency."  WTF???  What nonsense, it makes no sense.

4.  Being tied to Bush.

5.  Amnesty and CFR.  Hispanics were not going to vote for him anyway, and CFR hindered his ability to raise enough money.

6.  McCain is not a republican, but a Dem-lite.

McCain lost because of McCain, plain and simple.   

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2008, 08:17:25 AM »
I'm not a prayin' man but I do pray to god that Palin is the 2012 republican presidential nominee.

Fish in a barrel my friends.

Let's round that ticket out with the QuayleMonster as VP again.

Incoherent English....it's not just for the insane any more.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2008, 08:19:20 AM »
Palin helped McCain.  If Palin were not picked, Obama would have won by over ten million votes. 

McCain lost because:

1.  Supported the bailout thus making him not "maverick" but a washington insider.

2.  Refusing to go after Rev. Wright as an issue. 

3.  Bringing up Ayers but at the same time saying "we have nothing to fear from an Obama presidency."  WTF???  What nonsense, it makes no sense.

4.  Being tied to Bush.

5.  Amnesty and CFR.  Hispanics were not going to vote for him anyway, and CFR hindered his ability to raise enough money.

6.  McCain is not a republican, but a Dem-lite.

McCain lost because of McCain, plain and simple.   

We will have to disagree... I believe Palin only helped with the Religious right... And they were going to vote for him anyway, so she really did nothing.

As I said, and I think I'm far more "average" American than many, and if he had not done those two things, I very well might have voted for him.

The Wright thing was a lost cause... Seriously.

Do you not think that America knew about that? They just didn't care.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: November 17, 2008, 08:26:40 AM »
We will have to disagree... I believe Palin only helped with the Religious right... And they were going to vote for him anyway, so she really did nothing.

As I said, and I think I'm far more "average" American than many, and if he had not done those two things, I very well might have voted for him.

The Wright thing was a lost cause... Seriously.

Do you not think that America knew about that? They just didn't care.

Did you hear the Howard Stern tape?????  Most 0 voters didnt have any clue about what 0 stood for, let alone that he is tied to the hip of a racist church.

BTW - the independents were never going to vote for McCain anyway.  McCain was only popular with the media because he always attacked Republicans.  As soon as he ran against one of their own, they turned on him like Rush said they would.

Why is that GWB and RR both won two terms as president????  They ran as conservatives.  not "moderates"  What GWB did as a president is another matter altogether, but the point is that running as a "moderate" is a sure fire way to lose an election.

Democrats are never going to vote for a republican and it is a waste of time watering down your "brand" to try to get votes from people who are never going to vote for you anyway.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #147 on: November 17, 2008, 08:54:32 AM »
The attacks of 9/11 were the fault of Al Qaeda.  Not Iraq.  Not the Taliban.  Seriously.

thats not what you said.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #148 on: November 17, 2008, 09:08:13 AM »
thats not what you said.
Oh?

What did I say?  You can quote me, go ahead.

bears

• Getbig IV
« Reply #149 on: November 17, 2008, 09:11:14 AM »

What the hell is OBL supposed to say?  The truth?  "American a singular ubeatable force that runs the world as it sees fit.  It uses any country it wants for its own purposes and has no respect for others's life, liberty or property"...