• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
Re: when you let yourself go do you get really small or really fat
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2012, 05:14:42 AM »
i am inquiring this informations for research

Yep, gimmick fail

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2012, 06:22:22 AM »
I stay exactly the same but lose a bit of density/pop.

Muscle wasting away overnight is a myth.
Trans Milkshake.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2012, 06:43:35 AM »
I get fat....ter

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2012, 08:01:14 AM »
Seperate, but related...

How many of you guys in your 30's notice that you're now nowhere near as strong as you used to be in your 20's?

I haven't lost any muscle size. Maybe even gained a 1lb or 2.

But why can't I do rack deads with six plates anymore? I can get 5 and that's pushing it. Why am I benching 40lbs less than when I was young? Used to shoulder press 275 without issue. Now I can't get 225.

I still think I train pretty hard...maybe not? Or is strength a young man's game? Or am I just getting old and weak and hurt? Did my form just suck when I was a kid, and now my form is better, so my poundages are wearker? Or maybe I don't have the eye of the tiger anymore?

All my PR's were done in my mid-late 30's. Mid 40's now and still lift pretty heavy, relatively speaking of course. I haven't really noticed any loss of strength, muscle or endurance.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2012, 11:18:32 AM »
Really small

T-rex

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2012, 12:28:09 PM »
Seperate, but related...

How many of you guys in your 30's notice that you're now nowhere near as strong as you used to be in your 20's?

I haven't lost any muscle size. Maybe even gained a 1lb or 2.

But why can't I do rack deads with six plates anymore? I can get 5 and that's pushing it. Why am I benching 40lbs less than when I was young? Used to shoulder press 275 without issue. Now I can't get 225.

I still think I train pretty hard...maybe not? Or is strength a young man's game? Or am I just getting old and weak and hurt? Did my form just suck when I was a kid, and now my form is better, so my poundages are wearker? Or maybe I don't have the eye of the tiger anymore?

I'm about to hit 36. I'm nowhere near as strong as I was in my 20's. I've had to start replacing Deadlifts with back extensions. Deadlifts were my best exercise. I've even cut out overhead pressing for awhile. I'm definitely paying for the way I lifted when I was younger. I also believe as you age you get a little more conservative with lifting. I can't afford for my lower back to go out or my right rotator to go. I still have awesome workouts though. My form is perfect and I warm up very thoroughly. I don't think I would have any of the problems I'm having if I just warmed up and utilized better form in my younger days.

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2012, 01:52:18 PM »
I stop eating when I stop training so I get reeeeeeeeeeally small...but shredded.
It's Hip to be Square!

godeep

• Getbig II
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2012, 02:07:23 PM »
Over 40 here

I'm stronger than I was in my 20's and 30's because I didn't know what the fuck I was doing.

When I let go, I get fat but not small.
l

Jizzacked

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2012, 02:14:20 PM »
I stay about the same weight, but body composition changes.  Last time I took a break from the gym, I lost 10lbs of muscle, and replaced it with 10lbs of fat in 6 months.  Another bad effect, I get WEAK... my strength completely disappears.  I need to be in the gym, otherwise I will deteriorate into a piece of shit.