Author Topic: George Carlin on Religion  (Read 1421 times)

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • The only constant in life is change. – Heraclitus
George Carlin on Religion
« on: December 26, 2023, 05:05:06 PM »
 8)

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
Re: George Carlin on Religion
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 10:54:53 PM »
8)

And Millions upon Millions of folk believe it.
In fact not only believe it they'll kill one another over it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 08:25:53 PM »
And Millions upon Millions of folk believe it.
In fact not only believe it they'll kill one another over it. 🤷🏻‍♂️

George was a man with some brilliant insight. Like most entertainers, we don't all agree with everything they say, but on religion I felt for me, he nailed it

Dorian Cutler

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2024, 07:43:29 AM »
Who is really behind it all ???

Sissysquats

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2024, 12:06:57 PM »
Is there some kind of unifying force in the world? Yes, it’s called physics.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2024, 12:18:05 AM »
Is there some kind of unifying force in the world? Yes, it’s called physics.
Even physicists have no idea.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2024, 08:48:49 PM »
Even physicists have no idea.

I think they have some idea

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 08:52:38 PM »
I think they have some idea

We all have plenty of ideas 😊

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2024, 08:56:17 PM »
We all have plenty of ideas 😊

True, but for example, my idea on evolution pales in comparison to a person who has studied it, spent their life examining it. So for me to offer an opinion is pretty meaningless against someone like that. For Coach to offer Law Enforcement opinions vs mine is equally meaningless. For me to speculate on physics against a person who dedicated their life to it and think my opinion holds as much value in things regarding physics would be arrogant in my opinion

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2024, 09:28:16 PM »
True, but for example, my idea on evolution pales in comparison to a person who has studied it, spent their life examining it. So for me to offer an opinion is pretty meaningless against someone like that. For Coach to offer Law Enforcement opinions vs mine is equally meaningless. For me to speculate on physics against a person who dedicated their life to it and think my opinion holds as much value in things regarding physics would be arrogant in my opinion

Exactly that's your opinion.
We're all entitled to have them & As for experts on evolution or physics hell many cannot agree & are
Very divers in opinions so I don't put a lot of faith in them.

As for law enforcement clearly you have your experience & views from your work side of the fence
Others have completely different experiences & views from being on the other side of the fence
& seeing / experiencing the many issues & problems.

So who's views & opinions are meaningless?

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2024, 11:14:51 PM »
Exactly that's your opinion.
We're all entitled to have them & As for experts on evolution or physics hell many cannot agree & are
Very divers in opinions so I don't put a lot of faith in them.

As for law enforcement clearly you have your experience & views from your work side of the fence
Others have completely different experiences & views from being on the other side of the fence
& seeing / experiencing the many issues & problems.

So who's views & opinions are meaningless?

Easy

An average guy's   opinion on physics against a Physics scientist- Lose
An average guy's opinion on evolution against a biologist- Lose

This will never change and god help us if it does

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2024, 04:11:48 AM »
Easy

An average guy's   opinion on physics against a Physics scientist- Lose
An average guy's opinion on evolution against a biologist- Lose

This will never change and god help us if it does

Well that's you're opinion - we will have to disagree to some extent,
depending on what physicist & biologist you ask.

Hmmm I note you didn't address the cop one. 

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2024, 09:14:47 PM »
Well that's you're opinion - we will have to disagree to some extent,
depending on what physicist & biologist you ask.

Hmmm I note you didn't address the cop one.

a citizen watching video of a subject with a knife coming at an officer in a living room.

Officer draws and shoots the subject.

Citizen "Cop could have shot him in the leg. Arm, he didn't have to kill him"

Cop " Suspect was 10' away and closing fast, it's difficult to hit a moving target, if you miss the leg, you get stabbed. If you hit the leg you may get stabbed. Cop didn't actually shot to kill him, they shot center mass hoping to stop the threat."

Different opinions, which one carries more weight? 

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2024, 02:47:31 AM »
a citizen watching video of a subject with a knife coming at an officer in a living room.

Officer draws and shoots the subject.

Citizen "Cop could have shot him in the leg. Arm, he didn't have to kill him"

Cop " Suspect was 10' away and closing fast, it's difficult to hit a moving target, if you miss the leg, you get stabbed. If you hit the leg you may get stabbed. Cop didn't actually shot to kill him, they shot center mass hoping to stop the threat."

Different opinions, which one carries more weight?

In that scenario the cop or anyone else in that situation is right to shoot the attacker.
That is a no brainer situation.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2024, 02:57:52 PM »

In that scenario the cop or anyone else in that situation is right to shoot the attacker.

its a common argument among youtuber experts. I'm trying to make the point that professionals in particular fields opinions should carry more weight regarding debates in their field than the average Joe

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2024, 08:16:48 PM »
its a common argument among youtuber experts. I'm trying to make the point that professionals in particular fields opinions should carry more weight regarding debates in their field than the average Joe

🤔.......... I tend to agree - only not always as many pros / experts cannot agree amongst themselves.
Also if the debate can be backed with provable facts & not just theories & speculations.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2024, 09:07:44 PM »

Had a longer reply prepared but I didn't want to veer too much off topic, but that example is inconspicuously crafted to lean in the cop's favor and make them appear reasonable, intelligent, objective and omniscient experts who don't lie while plebs "citizens" are just dumb uneducated vermin who speak out of their ass and audaciously dare to question the benevolent police's authority and expertise. A similar example could be given from the other side that makes cops sound unreasonable and dumb. But the narrative seems to be that only cops understand these situations since they proclaimed themselves "experts" and so non-cops' opinions don't matter, only some cops can judge other cops.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2024, 07:04:48 PM »
Had a longer reply prepared but I didn't want to veer too much off topic, but that example is inconspicuously crafted to lean in the cop's favor and make them appear reasonable, intelligent, objective and omniscient experts who don't lie while plebs "citizens" are just dumb uneducated vermin who speak out of their ass and audaciously dare to question the benevolent police's authority and expertise. A similar example could be given from the other side that makes cops sound unreasonable and dumb. But the narrative seems to be that only cops understand these situations since they proclaimed themselves "experts" and so non-cops' opinions don't matter, only some cops can judge other cops.
If that's what you took from the example, you missed the point. I could paint an elaborate scenario that may or may not fall on deaf ears. Or I could just stick to my point that professionals in certain fields opinions should and often do carry more weight than the average person. If you disagree with that general point, you wouldn't be alone. Social Media is full of keyboard experts on every subject

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2024, 11:56:19 PM »
If that's what you took from the example, you missed the point. I could paint an elaborate scenario that may or may not fall on deaf ears. Or I could just stick to my point that professionals in certain fields opinions should and often do carry more weight than the average person. If you disagree with that general point, you wouldn't be alone. Social Media is full of retards on every subject

Translated.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2024, 12:05:16 AM »
If that's what you took from the example, you missed the point. I could paint an elaborate scenario that may or may not fall on deaf ears. Or I could just stick to my point that professionals in certain fields opinions should and often do carry more weight than the average person. If you disagree with that general point, you wouldn't be alone. Social Media is full of keyboard experts on every subject

Says the man that was hoodwinked  & fooled into wearing an absolutely useless face nappy
& believe a load of bullshit lies from oh so many medical professionals  ::)
Well done 1👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2024, 12:39:38 AM »
Says the man that was hoodwinked  & fooled into wearing an absolutely useless face nappy
& believe a load of bullshit lies from oh so many medical professionals  ::)
Well done 1👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Sir, there was no hoodwinking or fooled going on. You and I are not doctors. We are not educated in deseases. To think we are smarter than the leading experts is simply ridiculous. Some would say arrogant. I trust you are not a virologist, Doctor, or epidemiologist. So for you to call out someone who listened to the worlds leading experts just paints you as... well, you fill in the blanks

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2024, 12:57:46 AM »
Sir, there was no hoodwinking or fooled going on. You and I are not doctors. We are not educated in deseases. To think we are smarter than the leading experts is simply ridiculous. Some would say arrogant. I trust you are not a virologist, Doctor, or epidemiologist. So for you to call out someone who listened to the worlds leading experts just paints you as... well, you fill in the blanks
And yet we were smarter than those "educated."

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2024, 12:58:32 AM »
And yet we were smarter than those "educated."

Something it seems we tell ourselves...

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2024, 01:00:04 AM »
Something it seems we tell ourselves...