Author Topic: Planet Fitness Gym - Get out, all you personal trainers!  (Read 24617 times)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Re: Planet Fitness Gym - Get out, all you personal trainers!
« Reply #100 on: December 14, 2010, 09:38:08 AM »
so planet fitness will be the place you can go to sign up where you won't be harassed by pt's trying to sell you sessions, when they look worse than you?

sounds good to me.
Deep Tissue Massage

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2010, 09:46:08 AM »
how can you pay for anything other than brand new material goods nowadays with the internet is beyond me.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2010, 08:01:10 PM »
LOL i like it but then I think alot of you guys underestimate exactly how uninformed the vast majority of the public is about lifting weights and fitness in general.

I used to be a PT and I can tell you that yea i was way overpaid and these ppl got basic workouts b/c thats were they were physically and fitness wise

but

these ppl had no workout experience didnt know proper form on exercises, rep ranges, what muscles are worked with each exercies, what muscles to work, how many times a week, how often etc...

its like teaching someone to freaking walk on their own, I agree that most will like this but then again the ppl who really like it are probably the ppl that need it the most...ppl that are in shape and have knowledge on what they are doing dont really get approached by PT's for training

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #103 on: December 14, 2010, 08:03:41 PM »
how can you pay for anything other than brand new material goods nowadays with the internet is beyond me.

yea I mean when i want a sammich I like to pull up my computer and just have it make one for me

;D

just fckn with you dont go gettn all upset now you surely bastard :D

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2010, 09:49:51 AM »
so planet fitness will be the place you can go to sign up where you won't be harassed by pt's trying to sell you sessions, when they look worse than you?

sounds good to me.
We have no personal trainers in our gym
But another gym in the city, a more mainstream one, has an obese new zealand maori as a pt, he has no clue about nutrition, training or anything
He has a lifetime ban from our gym for saying its full of nothing but steroids and criminals, just to promote himself
Recently in hospital with serious liver trouble, on gear since hes 15 he told me before

newmom

« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2010, 09:51:23 AM »
We have no personal trainers in our gym
But another gym in the city, a more mainstream one, has an obese new zealand maori as a pt, he has no clue about nutrition, training or anything
He has a lifetime ban from our gym for saying its full of nothing but steroids and criminals, just to promote himself
Recently in hospital with serious liver trouble, on gear since hes 15 he told me before

so he took steroids since 15, looks like shit..sounds like an idiot

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2010, 09:53:41 AM »
so he took steroids since 15, looks like shit..sounds like an idiot
He is a horrible person, hope the liver thing is serious and kills him

newmom

« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2010, 09:55:25 AM »
He is a horrible person, hope the liver thing is serious and kills him

well I don't wish ill will on anyone, but why take gear to look like a fricking clown. I don't give a hoot if ya wanna inject to glory, not my beez wax.

Okami, you seem somewhat level headed at times, but ya seem rather angry these days

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2010, 09:59:31 AM »
well I don't wish ill will on anyone, but why take gear to look like a fricking clown. I don't give a hoot if ya wanna inject to glory, not my beez wax.

Okami, you seem somewhat level headed at times, but ya seem rather angry these days
A pissed off week
A little annoying prick here on work experience, cold weather, legal problems, fuckin rats

newmom

« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2010, 10:01:11 AM »
A pissed off week
A little annoying prick here on work experience, cold weather, legal problems, fuckin rats

Oh totally understand about the cold weather crap, absolutely brutal right now in the northeast. Do ya mean rats as the nasty furry things or rats at work and stuff. DONT like rats of any kind

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2010, 10:46:21 AM »
A pissed off week
Seems time for a blanket and a gun.  8)

Rome

• Getbig IV
  • Pics or GTFO!
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2010, 11:16:18 AM »
Nothing more annoying than training somebody who really wants a chat buddy vs a trainer. I avoid those types like the plague, no amount of $ is worth the headache.
People figure we're cheaper than therapist so.....
 :-\
That said, I agree with the Planet Fitness guy. Now all they have to do is get rid of that stupid fucking lunk alarm and allow the dumbells to go up to 80 and I'd join, it's dirt cheap! Go there on cardio and light days, hell why not?

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #112 on: December 16, 2010, 04:20:24 AM »
Oh totally understand about the cold weather crap, absolutely brutal right now in the northeast. Do ya mean rats as the nasty furry things or rats at work and stuff. DONT like rats of any kind
Police informants

newmom

« Reply #113 on: December 16, 2010, 04:21:15 AM »
Police informants

karma is a bitch, they will get theirs

unskinny

• Getbig II
  • Getbigtoo!
« Reply #114 on: December 16, 2010, 11:05:56 AM »
Little known fact: Planet Fitness CEO Mike Grondahl is even more obese than the Getbig CEO.

So fat that he refuses to be photographed.

At least our fearless leader has no shame (or discipline!)
MikeMatarazzo.com

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #115 on: December 16, 2010, 01:49:01 PM »
Little known fact: Planet Fitness CEO Mike Grondahl is even more obese than the Getbig CEO.

So fat that he refuses to be photographed.

At least our fearless leader has no shame (or discipline!)

very nice

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #116 on: December 16, 2010, 02:19:00 PM »
I could never understand why anyone would pay someone an hourly rate of 3-4 times the gym's monthly rate, especially when most of those people do little more than count reps and speak pious platitudes.

I am not opposed to personal training...

Of course, in most cases, this is a pretty stupid thing to pay for.

But shouldn't we allow the market to be our guide?  If people are willing to pay for information they could learn online for free, why should we stop them? 

I'm a fan of personal trainers, because they can help turn former fat sluts into more streamlined sluts without me having to put in any effort. 

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #117 on: December 16, 2010, 02:45:33 PM »
If you need a personal trainer, then working out is not for you.  A motivated person will do the necessary research and learn it themselves.  I guess if the pros need gurus, then even they are gullible enough to fall for the scam.  

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2010, 03:31:37 PM »
Question for Salvatore:

Have you gotten any clients because of your getbig persona?

none

however, I almost met a chick on here...............NOT!

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #119 on: December 16, 2010, 05:40:38 PM »
Of course, in most cases, this is a pretty stupid thing to pay for.

But shouldn't we allow the market to be our guide?  If people are willing to pay for information they could learn online for free, why should we stop them? 

I'm a fan of personal trainers, because they can help turn former fat sluts into more streamlined sluts without me having to put in any effort. 

I am in favor of free markets, of course.  If people want the services, by all means they should purchase them.  I just meant that I couldn't see why many would do so. 
~

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #120 on: December 16, 2010, 09:04:31 PM »
I've got a bunch of clients on here because of my "online persona".

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #121 on: December 16, 2010, 09:50:36 PM »
This is the funny thing: A gym can only make a profit two ways.

1) by forcing its members to pay only by EFT. ("0" gym retention)

2) by pulling a heavy percentage off of its personal trainers and managing/monitoring them 24/7.

Gyms barely break even unless they are like large trucking companies. Memberships that cost peanuts (low rates) and extreme ammounts of volume.

Anyone who has ever run a gym must think this is ludicrous. You don't have to have annoying "floor trainers"-- you can hire certified nutritionists and trainers who are extremely knowledgeable and experienced. Take a percentage of their money or rent them space. There are many new members that won't sign on unless they have a helping hand, and it sure aint gonna come from minimum wage Joe Blow "I don't wanna be here' at the fucking front counter.

They are prolly on the verge of bankruptcy b/c they arent managing their trainers correctly, the trainers are collecting cash and pussy, and giving the gym NOTHING.

Not that difficult to figure out if you've run a gym business.

magicuser

« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2010, 09:56:30 PM »
I could never understand why anyone would pay someone an hourly rate of 3-4 times the gym's monthly rate, especially when most of those people do little more than count reps and speak pious platitudes.

I am not opposed to personal training; however, as a PF customer, I believe that personal training is overkill for most PF customers.

well put

by the way wtf is PF?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2010, 10:20:14 PM »
If you need a personal trainer, then working out is not for you.  A motivated person will do the necessary research and learn it themselves.  I guess if the pros need gurus, then even they are gullible enough to fall for the scam.  

Oh c'mon, thats like saying when I got my divorce(s) that all I had to do was do legal research and get the same results. I guaranfreakingtee I could (or any good trainer) could give you training scenarios that you couldn't answer. It's not all about weight training and diet.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2010, 10:22:49 PM »
Everytime I see a clown "trainer" at my gym I notice that his/her clients look exactly the same or worse as they did the year before.

99.5% of the time it's because the client doesn't listen to the trainer. When you have someone that's only with you 2-3 hours per week and the trainer gives that person instructions on what to do in between sessions, how is that the trainers fault?