Author Topic: Whats your philosophy on dieting?  (Read 2241 times)

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
Whats your philosophy on dieting?
« on: October 17, 2008, 11:48:40 PM »
Amount of macros

Calories in vs. calories out

Keto or Carbs

PWO nutrition.

Everything! Whats your opinion!?

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
Re: Whats your philosophy on dieting?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 03:39:54 AM »
1 Amount of macros

2 Calories in vs. calories out

3 Keto or Carbs

4 PWO nutrition.

Everything! Whats your opinion!?

1 = Low carb & low fat...100-150g carbs & 40-50g fat a day

2 = Calories should be 300-600 below maintenance,  but what matters most is the C+F intake

3 = Never tried keto, that method doesn't appeal to me. I definitely want to have carbs in there.

4 = Dex + Whey 40g each, I noticed some strength decrease after 1 month of not having dex in the shake.
(I am stronger now with the dextrose and my C+F and calories are lower now then when i didn't have dextrose pwo.)

Everything = mistake i made in the past was looking at calories, so i ate 1g protein per lb and filled up on carbs until i reached the calorie amount i wanted. Now i eat 100-150g carbs a day and fill up on protein till i reach the desired calories. Another mistake i did was not having a high day because i thought i would get results faster, while the opposite is what happend. Progress stalled and i got sick of dieting when i didn't get results.
tank u jesus

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2008, 08:11:03 AM »

macros   = definitely believe in keeping protein as the main % of calories when metabolizing bodyfat. you can go low fat or low carb along with it, i think for bodybuilders low carb is going to be a bit better, unless your trying to lose fat super quickly or your obese.

Calories in vs. calories out  = the laws of thermodynamics are real and you must have a defecit of energy. however, not all calories are equal. calories in can equal calories out. for example if your bmr is 2k cal, but you eat 400g protein, then you just took in 1600 cal but you also boosted bmr by about 600 cal through thermic effect of feeding. also if youve been on low carbs and your glycogen depleted, then you can eat a ton of carbs and still lose fat because your body will rely on body fat whilethe carbs you eat go to replenish glycogen. so calories in vs. calories out is not the everything.

Keto or Carbs = as a hard trainign bodybuilder we are constantly depleting glycogen,, sensitizing muscle cells t insulin, and doing hard training which demands glucose as fuel. for me it only makes to sense to incluse some carbs in your diet. and if you consuming carbs in your diet along with the high protein i feel is necessary, then that doesnt leave any room for fat intake or else you wont be losign much fat. so for me i think the answer is high protein moderate carb low fat. with the exception of fish oils and evening primrose oils which will only be beneficicial.

PWO nutrition. = on low carb days i would skip the post workout shake to boost fat burning, but keep whey pre workout to avoid catabolism. on high carb days i would do both  pre and post workout shakes.

everything = basically eating moderate protion sizes based mostly on lean proteins and veggies, with staggered energy macro intake at certain times for certain reasons.

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2008, 05:29:20 PM »
I dont ;D

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2008, 05:31:18 PM »
Seriously, i try to keep a high protien low carb for leaning out. This isnt rocket sience. A lot of veggies and protien.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2008, 06:08:58 PM »
daily protein levels dictates muscle mass/gain

protein around training also dictates muscle mass/gain.

carbs are essential for maximum strength - and optimal workouts.

fats - a few are needed for health and performance i.e. omega's. - but too much effects bodyfat.

175lbs by 31st July

windsor88

• Getbig IV
  • Victim of the Drug War
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2008, 06:17:16 PM »
What if one were to follow a low calorie say 1200-1500 but got in plenty of protein.  Would that be enough to salvage any muscle?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2008, 06:18:19 PM »

fats - a few are needed for health and performance i.e. omega's. - but too much effects bodyfat.

too much 09 and mono and saturate and trans fat negatively effect body fat ! too much o3 and o6 positively effect bodyfat ! (well, some o6 positive some o6 negative)